You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can IBX used underneath natural nails to prevent dryness of nail polish?
When I use regular nail polish on my toenails, by the end of the season they are hideous to look at. White spots all over. I think its ever since I used Stickey base coat. I am not using it this season on myself. I also stopped using it on all of my clients and just use seche base coat. Was wondering if IBX would be good to use first before nail polish?.Just wondering if anyone else has been using the IBX and noticed positive results. I have had it on my pinkie toenail for over a month now. Going to reapply today.
Thanks
White spots? . . . Check out white superficial onychomycosis or leukonychia mycotica.
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
You actually were very helpful for me towards one of my clients. I think she has white superficial onychomycosis. When I do not use nail polish my nails are as clear as glass. As the season goes along and my nails are polished they get dry spots underneath and look terrible. I wait until winter to let them come back to themselves. I ws just wondering if the IBX would prevent this from happening. I love how it mends my 2 toes that have always cracked at a certain point. Right now they look so beautiful with just shiny clear on them.
thanks for the info! I will have my client see the DPM next visit.

here is a very informative link for what precisionnails was talking about. http://www.nailsmag.com/article/92950/lab-reports
(04-03-2014, 11:34 AM)sillysoup Wrote: You actually were very helpful for me towards one of my clients. I think she has white superficial onychomycosis. When I do not use nail polish my nails are as clear as glass. As the season goes along and my nails are polished they get dry spots underneath and look terrible. I wait until winter to let them come back to themselves. I ws just wondering if the IBX would prevent this from happening. I love how it mends my 2 toes that have always cracked at a certain point. Right now they look so beautiful with just shiny clear on them.
thanks for the info! I will have my client see the DPM next visit.

here is a very informative link for what precisionnails was talking about. http://www.nailsmag.com/article/92950/lab-reports

I found this thread while searching for the answer to the very same problem. My toe nails were great until I started constantly polishing them. Like you, that's when the spots appeared. I researched white superficial onychomycosis and got a little worried because that's a fungal infection that needs to be treated with medication. In connection with nail polish, one article suggested that it could be keratin granulations and indeed, I think that's the answer. WSO is ongoing but KG only really appears after using nail polish and goes away within a couple of days when you stop. You're nail plate is actually just dehydrated from the nail polish. Using cuticle oil is key to prevent this. I already use solar oil once a day...guess I have to use it more.

Keratin Granulations are harmless, but annoying to see each time I remove my polish. I started using ibx only (without the repair) underneath my vinylux polish and will update if I see results.

I know this thread is a month old, but I figured my reply could help another person.

HTH
When I use regular nail polish on my toenails, by the end of the season they are hideous to look at. White spots all over. I think its ever since I used Stickey base coat. I am not using it this season on myself. I also stopped using it on all of my clients and just use seche base coat. Was wondering if IBX would be good to use first before nail polish?.Just wondering if anyone else has been using the IBX and noticed positive results. I have had it on my pinkie toenail for over a month now. Going to reapply today.
Thanks
Nawaz
(10-16-2014, 02:51 AM)nawaz Wrote: When I use regular nail polish on my toenails, by the end of the season they are hideous to look at. White spots all over. I think its ever since I used Stickey base coat. I am not using it this season on myself. I also stopped using it on all of my clients and just use seche base coat. Was wondering if IBX would be good to use first before nail polish?.Just wondering if anyone else has been using the IBX and noticed positive results. I have had it on my pinkie toenail for over a month now. Going to reapply today.
Thanks

I used IBX for a couple of months on my toenails and found that it didn't make a difference. Funny enough I was using Vinylux (made by cnd, the company who make sticky) nail polish at the time I had the white spots . When I got a pedicure done at the salon using duri base coat, opi color, and seche vite top coat, and removed it 3 weeks later, The white spots were MUCH better, almost gone in fact. It seems like cnd products might be too drying for toenails.

I do use solar oil religiously every day on my hand and toe nails. That helps as well, but it seemed like it wasn't enough when I was using Vinylux.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 1,973
07-17-2017, 06:30 AM
Last Postthreadinghairspa
Replies: 2
Views: 2,105
10-29-2014, 06:12 PM