You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CND LED lamp...
Anyone know if they will be making an LED lamp anytime soon ? Getting impatient ,sick of buying bulbs....
(08-06-2014, 07:26 PM)lexibunny Wrote: Anyone know if they will be making an LED lamp anytime soon ? Getting impatient ,sick of buying bulbs....

Funny you ask...
Yesterday, I received an online survey about LED lamps from CND and I must say they seem miles behind the competition in this regard. The questions they asked seemed basic, uninformed, and nonspecific. It doesn't sound like an LED lamp is around the corner.

They also had no space for a narrative response. It's as if they wanted answers to their limited questions, but did not really want to hear from us. I would have liked to tell them that a CND LED lamp must cure not only CND Shellac, Brisa, etc., it must cure most other LED polishes as well. I would have also said that an LED curable Shellac must, must, must be curable in other lamps as well - this "Only the CND lamp will cure Shellac" crap has got to go! I was very disappointed in the survey and what it seems to say about CND.

I mostly stopped using Shellac when they did not go LED years ago, but had always hoped that they would produce an LED curable polish and a quality lamp to go with it. I have my doubts now whether even that would make me go back.
Shellac will cure in led lamp
I posted that question ,but then realized I asked it before quite a while ago. ,my apologies ,however ,like you I stopped using Shellac, tho I still have a few ,a long time ago ,for one ,b/c I was afraid if I went to all LED ,I would be stuck with a bunch of useless product. I work on two places ,and so I have 4 CND lamps ,one for each side of my table ,bulbs are getting expensive to keep replacing ,so ,before I purchased the OPI LED lights ,I didnt want CND to come out with one right after I made the move...I have tried curing Shellac in an LED ,I have 2 Gelish 6g's ,and have had no luck ,comes right off ,but a girl I work with cures Shellac with the 18g all the time ...thank you as always for your great info ,and if you have any comments on the OPI LED light ,I welcome any you may have ... Smile
(08-07-2014, 09:07 AM)lexibunny Wrote: I posted that question ,but then realized I asked it before quite a while ago. ,my apologies ,however ,like you I stopped using Shellac, tho I still have a few ,a long time ago ,for one ,b/c I was afraid if I went to all LED ,I would be stuck with a bunch of useless product. I work on two places ,and so I have 4 CND lamps ,one for each side of my table ,bulbs are getting expensive to keep replacing ,so ,before I purchased the OPI LED lights ,I didnt want CND to come out with one right after I made the move...I have tried curing Shellac in an LED ,I have 2 Gelish 6g's ,and have had no luck ,comes right off ,but a girl I work with cures Shellac with the 18g all the time ...thank you as always for your great info ,and if you have any comments on the OPI LED light ,I welcome any you may have ... Smile

I know that some people think that Shellac will cure in LED, but it really doesn't, it just gets hard enough. CND still says it does not although I think they have been slowly changing their formulation so that it will.The bottom line is that there is no easily accessible way of determining whether you have a proper cure, so you are taking your chances. I don't take chances on clients, especially since my insurance won't cover it and you will definitely lose your CND certification for using the LED. So for our few salons that still use Shellac, they use the CND UV light.

That said, the OPI GelColor lamp is superb; I have it and a Gelish 18G. I'd be hard pressed to pick which is better, but I do like the all metal construction, large counter and sensor bar in the OPI. I am considering adding the OPI work light to it.
I would like the 18g , and probably get a few ,but really wish it was flat on top ,so I can put stuff on it to save table space like I do with my CND lamps. I watch my co-workers clients try to contort themselves to switch hands and position them properly in the one 18g lamp she has ,and personally ,as expensive as the LED lamps are ,I think in the long run ,it is worth it to have one for each side of your table. She often has to have them go back in b/c they are not in properly to make the lamp come on ,and I wonder sometimes if she misses that it doesn't come on and later has issues...Anyhow ,at this point ,I am considering the OPI LED ,and like that it is flat on top ,and everyone seems to like this light a lot....wish it came in white ,though ,since we generate so much dust ! Thank you again, and as always any other input is soooo greatly appreciated !!!!! Smile
A little bird told me that... On the front of each Shellac bottle are either the words UV Color Coat or Power Polish. The bottles marked power polish are the newer bottles and are already both UV and LED curable. CND will not release a LED lamp until all their products are formulated to be LED cured. I cure CND shellac power polish in my OPI LED all the time with no issues. I hope CND will just make LED replacement strips to convert their UV machines. Then we wouldn't have to buy all new CND machines, just new LED bulb strips Smile
What a great idea ! And thanks for the tip !
Hi, I know this question has probably been asked and answered before but since I thought it didn't pertain to me, I didn't pay attention. (Sorry!). My IDB jet lamp just crapped out. Just wondering what the pros and cons are for UV versus LED, besides which product they cure. TIA!