You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gel polish question..
Do any of You "fill" gel polish or do you always soak off and start fresh? Was going to try it on myself today since I want to wear the same color. If you do "fill" how do you do it and what do you charge?
Or, if you soak off and start fresh, what do you charge for soak off?
Thanks for your input.
(05-21-2014, 08:21 AM)LucyAccardi Wrote: Do any of You "fill" gel polish or do you always soak off and start fresh?
Yes, if the polish application is still intact and looks good, I will fill it by buffing the surface very neatly and thoroughly. I do the cuticle work, and then do a standard application over the old gel polish. Some of my clients love this because their nails really last this way with so many coats of polish. You have to be careful not to have a lump of old polish at the cuticle area or you will have a definite line in your finished nail. Blend/buff it smooth before your polish application. Somethimes this works, but if your first polish application wasn't neat enough, you may not get a good result.

Was going to try it on myself today since I want to wear the same color. If you do "fill" how do you do it and what do you charge?
I charge the same as a regular gel polish application - takes me the same amount of time with the extra special prep in these circumstances. I do this for clients only if they want/ask me to, and I know how they take care of their nails. I would not do this on a client that was not a "regular".
Or, if you soak off and start fresh, what do you charge for soak off?
Thanks for your input.
I don't charge for soak off if they are my regular client - I have that built into my prices.

thank you!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 7
Views: 3,144
09-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Last Postmissnailtique
Replies: 8
Views: 3,811