You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I wrong about this.....
Am I wrong to think that if the Nails I do always look perfect, don't lift, no fill lines & don't yellow.....That I don't have to remove & do a new set every couple months? I have gotten a couple new clients who are insisting on a new set every couple months. This is what they have done while going to the "chop shops". I have tried to explain to them that it is not needed. I have followed this for years & have several happy clients with heathly nails.

If I am wrong, please tell me why. Thank you.
Marie A. Soto
[email protected]
No-- but it is what they are used to! I didn't have a "new" set on for years.... my boss (hair) insisted she needed tips put on every three-four months for strength! And that she does hair & the tip underside looked better then natural nail ?????
Weird???? We could put white on free edge- then she said she needed the strength of the TIP???? OYE I tried to explain tip = length ....lol
(04-30-2014, 12:39 AM)mas nails Wrote: Am I wrong to think that if the Nails I do always look perfect, don't lift, no fill lines & don't yellow.....That I don't have to remove & do a new set every couple months? I have gotten a couple new clients who are insisting on a new set every couple months. This is what they have done while going to the "chop shops". I have tried to explain to them that it is not needed. I have followed this for years & have several happy clients with heathly nails.

If I am wrong, please tell me why. Thank you.

It is my opinion, if the fill is done properly and those are the results you are having....there is no need to remove.
Agree, the product I use, only a couple clients show some significant lift on a cycle. Most, just fill in the growth and repair anything, for years... I have some clients that all there is, is the growth fill.
and, it is so much easier on the nail bed....
Glad to know that I am not the only tech with this thought. When I do a backfill (French) ,I file down most of the nail anyways so lots of new product there too.

Thanks ladies!!
Marie A. Soto
[email protected]
I have had clients ask similar questions or ask why I have never made them soak off snd get a new set. Simply put ,why fix it ,if it is not broke ? No lifting ,discoloration ,perfect condition ,and are you happy that you can go three to five weeks without a fill if need be ? If you would like a new set periodically ,then that is what we will do ,othetwise you do not need it. Tips are usually added to achieve length ,not much else ,unless you apply white tips for the permanent french look...think you get my gist...
I've had to explain why they Do Not need to remove & re-do their nails with me, to several clients over the years too...
I just explain that removing & reapplying nails is not in the best interest of maintaining the integrity of their natural nail, so I use a High Quality product that does not need to be removed and reapplied and in the end, they save a whole lot of money by avoiding getting new Full Sets several times a year.
Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
I had on the same set for more than 20 years! No need to change sets if the fills are fine.... of course, I replaced nails now and then when they broke or cracked... then I went natural! But still, proper nail applications means you don't need a new set. Smile
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
Thanks Ladies!! So I am thinking correct.
Marie A. Soto
[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 1,194
03-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Last Postnail model 1
Replies: 3