You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allergies! Advice please!
Hey everyone!

I have a client that is allergic to traditional acrylic and gel. Just wondering what your opinions would be on using shellac/gel polish on her?
You can try it, but it probably won't pan out any better if she's that sensitive.
I have a client who is allergic to the acrylic and nail glue. I have been using CNDs vinylux on her with a weekly manicure and it's been working well so far.
CND Shellac is hypoallergenic and while that does not guarantee that she won't have a reaction, a lot of clients who cannot wear other gel polishes can wear CND Shellac without a problem. Otherwise, CND Vinylux is a good option.
When faced with an allergy/sensitivity to gel in the past, I have had success transitioning clients to silk/fiberglass wraps. Especially if their natural nail needed a little more strength or help. Hope this helps, it may be not so popular these days but it is an option.
(02-25-2014, 08:36 PM)TRidge Wrote: When faced with an allergy/sensitivity to gel in the past, I have had success transitioning clients to silk/fiberglass wraps. Especially if their natural nail needed a little more strength or help. Hope this helps, it may be not so popular these days but it is an option.

When transitioning a client from gel/acrylic to silk/fiberglass have you ever come across someone with really wet nailbeds? I have a client with that issue and I can't get the product to stick. She is reluctant to switch to a Vinylux manicure every week so I am trying to find any possible solution before we make a final decision.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,796
02-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Last Postharmonysky
Replies: 3
Views: 2,013
08-25-2012, 09:20 PM