You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just when...
Just when I think I have tried ,or seen it all, there is always a customer who comes to me, fed up with the discount place , and tells me something that makes no sense to me, but they show me snd insist I try it. I did NOT try this, but, I will on myself to see how, or if it works. Have any of you heard of doing this ? I determined that the client was definately having regular OPI polish, not Gelcolor, applied, put into light between each coat, and then finally, the same clear hard gel that was used to do her fill in was applied over her wet nail polish, cured, wiped, and she said that was how it was always done. I did not want to try it on her ,so applied Gelcolor, and sent her on her way, but I could not wrap my head around this actually working without some weird glitch ,like when gel polish top coat is applied over wet polish...Please enlighten me with your wisdom ,as I have never heard of this ! Thank in advance ! Smile
Like to know if too
sounds like maybe theyre using the light to dry the nailpolish and fooling the customer. then putting the gel top coat over the somewhat dry polish.
(02-11-2014, 04:25 PM)sueefd Wrote: sounds like maybe theyre using the light to dry the nailpolish and fooling the customer. then putting the gel top coat over the somewhat dry polish.

That is what I thought, but the client insisted, and was able to show me . I even thought it was probably a gel polish top coat in a pot, but she said no, it was from the same large jar like mine, that I used to do her hard gel fill in...I am stumped...
Possibly refilling the jar with different products?
(02-12-2014, 08:39 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Possibly refilling the jar with different products?

I am stumped...what kind of gel would you use to fill your hard gel jar to do a fill in with, and then use the same gel out of the same jar to use over wet polish ? Just don't know what this mystery product could be....
Ok, I tried this on myself. Exactly what she described to me. Applied regular nail polish, put it in my UV lamp between each coat . Lastly ,I applied my hard gel out of the jar ,and cured for two minutes. Just like I would have predicted ,when I wiped off the uncured layer, the polish slid off the nail . I would imagine ,that just like applying SOG topcoat ,unless the polish is completely dry ,it won't work well...