You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artistic Colour Gloss - question
Hi all,
I am going to buy some Artistic colours, can someone give me ideas how they compare to Gelish and Shellac? I choose some color in my mind already, but I still wonder about how is the quality they are.
I was invested on Cacee', they're the worst one, I still have 10 bottles with no one want to use them, even those color are so nice.

Vic
ACG is essentially the same as Gelish. Some of the colors are actually duplicate but named different. So, if you are familiar with Gelish, ACG will preform the same. It is different than Shellac in that Shellac is more of a "power polish" with elements of gel and polish in the mix. ACG and Gelish are a soak off gel.
They are basically Gelish
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
Using Gelish I know it has solvents in it like shellac, and asrtistic colour gloss is like Gelish and shellac. All three are not gel with pigment but gel with solvents (similar to nail polish ) and pigments. Love the browns artistic colour gloss has to offer. I wish my beloved polish pro would have some like that.
I find ACG to be a bit different than Gelish. It seems thinner, watery even, and I find often need three coats. Also the ACG are very different from Gelish. Unlike RCm,I don't find a not a lot of dupes between ACG and Gelish. ACG colors seem much more muted, grayed out. A very upscale, trendy look. Even their blingier colors have an understated tone to them. I think it is a great line for professional women and those who want an elegant, understated look.
I too find the artistic colour gloss to seem watery at times. I find it definitely needs to be shaken, or it's even more watery! Especially some of the lighter blues.
(01-17-2012, 03:47 PM)NancySyd Wrote: I find ACG to be a bit different than Gelish. It seems thinner, watery even, and I find often need three coats. Also the ACG are very different from Gelish. Unlike RCm,I don't find a not a lot of dupes between ACG and Gelish. ACG colors seem much more muted, grayed out. A very upscale, trendy look. Even their blingier colors have an understated tone to them. I think it is a great line for professional women and those who want an elegant, understated look.

If you said ACG is watery, it's bit similar to Entity color contour, I always have to apply 3 coats . *Sign*
Sorry I don't understand that what is RCm ?

Can someone tell me what are your favorite ACG colors, so I won't have to buy duplicate colors.

Thanks all for your information

(01-18-2012, 03:01 PM)hoatondan Wrote:
(01-17-2012, 03:47 PM)NancySyd Wrote: I find ACG to be a bit different than Gelish. It seems thinner, watery even, and I find often need three coats. Also the ACG are very different from Gelish. Unlike RCm,I don't find a not a lot of dupes between ACG and Gelish. ACG colors seem much more muted, grayed out. A very upscale, trendy look. Even their blingier colors have an understated tone to them. I think it is a great line for professional women and those who want an elegant, understated look.

If you said ACG is watery, it's bit similar to Entity color contour, I always have to apply 3 coats . *Sign*
Sorry I don't understand that what is RCm ?

Can someone tell me what are your favorite ACG colors, so I won't have to buy duplicate colors.

Thanks all for your information

RCM is Red Carpet Manicure, a DIY brand made by the same company as Gelish and ACG and sold in Ulta. I like the soft browns and purples of ACG - Java,Java and Mochachino and Muse, Sooo-in and Vogue.
NancySyd, I am very appreciate your help.
any of you having trouble with the top coat discoloring when doing a french manicure with any of those brands ( ACG, Shellac, Gellish)??? Ive had trouble with the top coat discoloring going a little yellow/brownish after about a week and a half. I know its the top coat, because ive put it over my white and pink gel manicured nails. when i buff off the top coat, the white is still bright white underneath.
has anyone tried any other brands of top coat with a french gel polish manicure and had luck?? looking for a better brand!

thanks! Smile
Yes, I've been experiencing exactly the same thing with Gelish, Entity, ACG, even NSI. A LOT of the brands pink gels tend to fade to ugly "smoker's nails" yellowish color. I never had that happen with Shellac. The pink might fade to a lighter pink but it never turns yellow. I find that OPI GelColor top coat is quite stable. Shellac Top Coat is the best in terms of color stability. Too bad Shellac cannot be cured in LED. Personally i really dislike the top coats that glow in the light. The only ones that don't are OPI GelColor and Shellac.

(02-05-2014, 07:59 PM)FancyNancy Wrote: any of you having trouble with the top coat discoloring when doing a french manicure with any of those brands ( ACG, Shellac, Gellish)??? Ive had trouble with the top coat discoloring going a little yellow/brownish after about a week and a half. I know its the top coat, because ive put it over my white and pink gel manicured nails. when i buff off the top coat, the white is still bright white underneath.
has anyone tried any other brands of top coat with a french gel polish manicure and had luck?? looking for a better brand!

thanks! Smile

Can OPI Gelcolor be cured with the led lamp?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 61
Views: 73,134
01-14-2017, 08:31 PM
Last PostRobinson907
Replies: 5
Views: 5,206
11-05-2014, 04:33 PM