You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gel polish options
I currently use Gelish, Cuccio Venner,and I have a few YN Mani-q but would like some other options. Mani-q and Gelish are expensive and Cuccio Venner doesn't have a lot of color options in my opinion. Is there another gel polish that works great but isn't as expensive as some of the others I mentioned?
IBD just gel is good! Nailmaxx.com had good prices!
ibd is the least expensive, best quality and has an array of colors. The gel top coat stays shiny for weeks. It is my primary gel polish line.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
(01-22-2014, 04:13 PM)lovethosetoes Wrote: ibd is the least expensive, best quality and has an array of colors. The gel top coat stays shiny for weeks. It is my primary gel polish line.

Chrissy
Bowie, MD

Out of all the gels, I think this one(IBD) really hits out of the ballpark. The thing with IBD is that they were the first people to come out with gel colors in a bottle. I don't know if you guys know but the brand used to be called "Gelac". It was such a big hit when it came out but their gel had so many problems with drying they had to discontinue the line.

Years later, they perfected the product and renamed it "IBD Just Gel" and it is superior. The only reason why it is so cheap is because they have so many different kinds of brands out there right now and they can not compete because they have been out of the game for so long.

Have never heard from anyone complaining about IBD Just Gel ever since.

I think the two great products right now that really gets the best out of your pocket would have to be, like mmriggs2009 mentioned, Cuccio Matchmakers and LeChat Perfect Match.

For Cuccio Matchmakers, you can get a Gel Polish and a matching Polish for only $8 bucks a pop. LeChat however, is $12.

Cuccio had some bumps in the beginning with matching their colors but they are on their game now. All colors are beautiful and match very well. If I opened up a new salon today, I would stock up on Cuccio, because you can have Gel Polish and Regular polish to start a business.

LeChat is good cause they have been around for the last 4 years and really set the standard for matching colors. Their Flawless White and Pink Clarity is amazing for french.

Get Cuccio Gel and Polish set for only $8 on http://www.mynailsupply.com and save 10% off when you enter the code MY10. Free Shipping over $150.
Another vote for IBD Just Gel and its sister brands EZ Flow TruGel and SuperNails ProGel. And LeChat is great also, but not as affordable as the IBD brands.
I think I will try out the IBD. Do you use the IBD base coat and top coat too or do you prefer another brand? Some people mix brands because one may work better than the other.
I use the ibd base and top coat. The top coat is super shiny. I use the ibd power bond (acid free primer) on the sidewalls abd free edge for maximum adhesion.

Chrissy
Bowie, MD
Thank you for the replies. Is there anything different when applying this brand? Is it similar to applying Cuccio Veener?
You may want to also try Akzentz Luxio. It is a true gel polish (not a hybrid), 100% gel so there are no solvents, very easy smooth application, strong and durable, superior shine, and it will not get thick over time so you are able use all of the gel down to the last drop without waste. it comes in 88 colors. I have over 400 gel polish choices in all the major brands in my salon and the clients main favorite choice is Luxio
Gina Silvestro
Akzentz Distributor/Educator
http://www.GelEssentialz.com
Akzentz Online Store
(01-22-2014, 01:00 PM)mmriggs2009 Wrote: I currently use Gelish, Cuccio Venner,and I have a few YN Mani-q but would like some other options. Mani-q and Gelish are expensive and Cuccio Venner doesn't have a lot of color options in my opinion. Is there another gel polish that works great but isn't as expensive as some of the others I mentioned?

we have a couple of IBD just gel colors, we like them as far as ease of application and staying power, however, they usually take at least 3 coats, so I'm unsure how cost effective that makes them. Probably still cheaper at around $8 a bottle.
I do like my Luxio gel polishes too ** goes on very smoothly!
Rainbow 
(01-26-2014, 01:15 PM)Gina Silvestro Wrote: You may want to also try Akzentz Luxio. It is a true gel polish (not a hybrid), 100% gel so there are no solvents, very easy smooth application, strong and durable, superior shine, and it will not get thick over time so you are able use all of the gel down to the last drop without waste. it comes in 88 colors. I have over 400 gel polish choices in all the major brands in my salon and the clients main favorite choice is Luxio

Hi Gina,
I'm new to this forum, I'm quite interested in this product, at the moment I use Shellac from CND and you can not imagine how expensive it is here in Germany (where I live). Do you know if I Akzentz Luxio has a representative in Germany? My clients love Shellac so need to be something as good!!
Thanks Luna10Exclamation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 946
05-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Last Postcallonis0614