You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Nails Breaking
I would be so grateful for any advice or guidance.

Background: I've completed my training a few months ago and have been doing nails for 5-6 people using generic (non-brand) materials.

The issue: Recently I've started working with CND "perfect color" acrylic powder, CND NailPrime and the CND Retention+ sculpting liquid. Besides those, I'm still using a generic brush and forms.
Whereas in the past occasionally I would have nails break off completely from time to time, since I started using the new (better?) materials, I've had nails break more often, but in pieces, with large part of the nail still in place.

I'd love to understand:
1. How common is it for nails to break?
2. How can I determine what is causing the breaking with the new materials?

Thanks so much for any help you may offer.
Lifting off or break- I suppose to me if I say break it is more I hit my nail on the drawer too hard- but if they are lifting say at cuticle & coming off its most likely prep or applying product too close to cuticle.
Proper prep was by far the hardest thing to master for me-- I thought I was doing it perfect & each time I would have lifting & have come to learn I was totally not doing it right. Video & lots of reach out to pages o
& forums, step by step tutorials have greatly helped me!
(01-18-2014, 08:29 AM)[email protected]l.com Wrote: Lifting off or break- I suppose to me if I say break it is more I hit my nail on the drawer too hard- but if they are lifting say at cuticle & coming off its most likely prep or applying product too close to cuticle.
Proper prep was by far the hardest thing to master for me-- I thought I was doing it perfect & each time I would have lifting & have come to learn I was totally not doing it right. Video & lots of reach out to pages o
& forums, step by step tutorials have greatly helped me!

Thank you for your reply. Are there tutorials or videos you can recommend?
CND has many video tutorials on their Youtube channel. It sounds like your ratio may be off. I would also ditch the NailPrime, you probably don't need it. https://www.youtube.com/user/cndvideo/videos
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
If they are braking off in pieces i'd say its a ratio problem. multiple balls of product in different ratios can cause weak spots. if you are using cnd product i know they have a video on youtube about proper ratio. you are also just starting out so i'd say start getting samples form companies and find out what one works best for you. no 2 nail techs do nails exactly the same so what might work for someone else may not work so well for you. good luck!
"I belive in karma...so i'm not worried."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,756
03-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Postyou'vegotnail!
Replies: 2
Views: 1,955