You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Gel nail polishes
I have a client who is on my case about buffing her nails when i am applying soak off gel polish and when i also buff off the top layer to prepare the removal process. She claims she goes to another salon where they dont buff the nails for both application and removal. I have tried the removal, which has worked, but am not sure about the application process without buffing. Would protein bond work if i applied it on the nail and then i apply the base coat for the gel polish. Kindly share your experiences and better ways to service this particular client.

Thanks
I dont have any issues with my gel polish application and I dont use a buffer. I dont use a buffer on any of my natural nail services, to be quite honest. I make sure the nail plate is completely clean if any debris, then I use protein bond in the nail, then base coat of my gel polish. The clients that have oiler nails I use both Bondaid and protein bond. I know it is an overkill but I would rather have them last than slip off in a sheet after a few days.
I do file the top coat of the gel polish when I remove it. I find it does aid in faster removal times. I do stress it is only the top coat that I file, not to the nail. I do communicate with the client that it is only the top coat and if they are uncomfortable with me doing so, I just dont do it. I want to keep them happy and back in my chair.
(12-05-2013, 02:48 PM)Vimz Wrote: I have a client who is on my case about buffing her nails when i am applying soak off gel polish and when i also buff off the top layer to prepare the removal process. She claims she goes to another salon where they dont buff the nails for both application and removal. I have tried the removal, which has worked, but am not sure about the application process without buffing. Would protein bond work if i applied it on the nail and then i apply the base coat for the gel polish. Kindly share your experiences and better ways to service this particular client.

Thanks

I think buffing is to be avoided whenever possible since it does remove some small part of the nail plate and thins the nail (and of course, even when we buff, we should only be buffing new growth). Different brands make different recommendations. CND Shellac says no buff on either application and removal, Gelish says buff on both, and OPI says it is very optional! I do not ever buff on any of the brands I use (OPI, Gelish/ACG, IBD, Geleration) and find that as long as the nail is squeaky clean, it makes no difference for application. I do not use bonder either.
OK I'd like to see everyone chime in on this topic with the brand they use-- please!
I use mainly OPI gel polish, along with some CND Shellac and Gelish polishes from time to time.
I only buff if they have a break or something that needs my attention... otherwise I just use scrub fresh and bond aid dehydrator. I use Shellac Power Polish, Gelish and IBD's Just Gel Polish.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
Interesting anyone else?
Tuff Enuff Nails Linkage works great. It's an acid free bonder that is universal. I have people using it with several other gel and acrylic products to eliminate lifting. And recently I've had A LOT of great feedback on how well it works with gel manicures.
http://www.tuffenuffnails.us
Brenda Anderson - President
http://www.tuffenuffnails.us
Nail Tech / Competitor
Getting back to the Basics with quality core products.
Hello,

It depends on the brand that you are using. CND Shellac does not recommend buffing the nails prior to the application. Harmony Gelish, yes. So please follow the correct procedure recommended from the manufacturer and you will have great results!

It is not necessary to remove the top layer prior to the removal of the product. It might save a little time though.
~Ros
Wholesale Beauty Supply Distributor & Professional
abcnails.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,124
11-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Last Postnailgalinaz