You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nail pinching???
Hello- I follow A LOT of pages on FB & it seems techs do a lot of "pinching" in areas- I see this in videos too- I've had nails done before I was a tech & never ever had this done....... anyone here doing it?
One of the forums I follow allows other techs to critique your nail pictures- I see MANY comments about nails being two wide- of course the suggestion seems to pinch the nails to look more natural-- however my question is- if your clients nails are just wide- do you file them more narrow?? Pinch? Or leave them the natural width with gel/ acrylic over to?
Thanks
(12-04-2013, 10:20 PM)[email protected] Wrote: my question is- if your clients nails are just wide- do you file them more narrow?? Pinch? Or leave them the natural width with gel/ acrylic over to?
Thanks

Hello!
Do you mean their natural nail? If the nail is wide, or flat, I remove the whole free edge and sculpt a new one. You don't want a narrow and flat nail, it won't be as strong.
As far as pinching, the reason it's a good idea is because as product cures (gel or acrylic) it wants to flatten out. So it helps to hold it in place through the curing phase. I prefer to spend more time working on the form and tailoring it, so I don't have to squeeze the nail really hard. That can hurt and cause damage.
It seems they (claim) to only pinch the product into a better "c" curve & not the actual nail-- I've seen tools for this- I know Young nails even have a video & tool for this....
There are a few tools you can use. Young Nails makes the magic wand, you can also use tweezers. Oddyssey makes great clamps that I love, because you can set the pinch work on the next nail. There are also c-curve sticks (from Harmony for example) that help you make sure the concave part of the nail is smooth and even.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 2,139
09-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Last Postjimsjadab