You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I tried a new nail system today
Hi all

I tried a new nail system today called go organic nails French manicure kit and think it is fabulous with no smell and very easy to apply with a great finish to the nails the powder is organic and so is the nail oil has anyone tried it its a must I will be ordering again I
Never heard- is it acrylic?
Do you work for the company? Just wondering.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
No I don't I found them on a search under go organic
No it's not acrylic the powder says organic nail powder and is also pattented
Wow, that is incredible. What is the site to order if from?
Organic = carbon based. Pretty well everything you can see and touch is organic. Now certified organic for food....that has to meet certain criteria - re, no growth hormones, no pesticides etc.

The word ORGANIC is very misleading in our industry. Another one that kills me is "No Chemicals" - no harmfull chemicals maybe but if there are no chemicals, what is it made of then?????

If it works for you great, but to the best of my knowledge all nail enhancements are organic, please correct me if I am mistaken.
Yes that's correct they are an organic chemical compound but this is seemingly 100 percent organically growing ingredients in the powder the websit is http://www.goorganicnails.com have a look
Oh, it's a dip system.
WOW another company claiming to be ALL Natural and Organic, what a joke. I would love to see an MSD sheet but chances are it will be a bunch of "Proprietary" BS. Odds are it's some kind of acrylate with a bunch of marketing to make it appear healthier.

And for the record, acrylic, gel or any professional nail enhancement does not cause damage. Damage is caused by bad prep and over filing do (as well as soaking in acetone, in my opinion) - in other words poorly trained technicians cause damage!
Well I have tried the nail kit and it works for me best of all no smell and on the labelling it dose say organic nail powder and ingredient is horsetail herb. Calcium proteins and vitamin and they have a lable on the top saying it it patented as I said it worked for me they are also very light and my clients love it compared to the acrylics
Your dead nail plate cannot absorb vitamins. Calcium does nothing for the nail as it is made from keratin.
(11-05-2013, 03:14 PM)Meg777 Wrote: Well I have tried the nail kit and it works for me best of all no smell and on the labelling it dose say organic nail powder and ingredient is horsetail herb. Calcium proteins and vitamin and they have a lable on the top saying it it patented as I said it worked for me they are also very light and my clients love it compared to the acrylics

As I said if it works for you great! Until I see a patent number AND MSDS I remain skeptical. By law they must provide you with an MSDS if you ask for one.
Like our skin, nails are porous, absorbing chemicals and compounds right into them. Each time acrylic nails are applied, women are exposed to the chemicals put directly on the nail beds and skin. Local salon owner, Erin Dawson of Inspirations Salon chooses to use LCN gel nails at her salon instead of the potentially dangerous acrylics. She states “Acrylic nails contain harmful chemicals that enter your blood stream every time you have your nails done.” These chemicals, such as formaldehyde and the resin used to apply acrylic nails, have been linked to cancer. Women who apply acrylic nails on a regular basis can be at risk of significant exposure to these dangerous chemicals.

An increased risk of acrylic nails is the use of methyl methacrylate or MMA, a substance contained in nail adhesives which was banned by the FDA in the 1970s – a substance that continues to be used by many salons due to lack of regulation. Besides causing serious damage to the lungs, permanent damage can be caused to the nail. Extended exposure to MMA can result in complete loss of the nail. Compliant salons have replaced MMA with ethyl methacrylate (EMA), albeit a seemingly less dangerous chemical, one known to cause eye, skin and respiratory tract irritation.
(11-05-2013, 04:43 PM)Meg777 Wrote: Like our skin, nails are porous, absorbing chemicals and compounds right into them. Each time acrylic nails are applied, women are exposed to the chemicals put directly on the nail beds and skin. Local salon owner, Erin Dawson of Inspirations Salon chooses to use LCN gel nails at her salon instead of the potentially dangerous acrylics. She states “Acrylic nails contain harmful chemicals that enter your blood stream every time you have your nails done.” These chemicals, such as formaldehyde and the resin used to apply acrylic nails, have been linked to cancer. Women who apply acrylic nails on a regular basis can be at risk of significant exposure to these dangerous chemicals.

An increased risk of acrylic nails is the use of methyl methacrylate or MMA, a substance contained in nail adhesives which was banned by the FDA in the 1970s – a substance that continues to be used by many salons due to lack of regulation. Besides causing serious damage to the lungs, permanent damage can be caused to the nail. Extended exposure to MMA can result in complete loss of the nail. Compliant salons have replaced MMA with ethyl methacrylate (EMA), albeit a seemingly less dangerous chemical, one known to cause eye, skin and respiratory tract irritation.

Erin is wrong PERIOD! You may find formaldehyde is some cheap nail polishes, but not in acrylic or any gel that I am aware of. In lamens terms gel is a pre-mixed acrylics, obviously there is a lot more to it than that.

You should read Doug Schoons book to find the FACTS about acrylic and gels.

While I do not agree with soaking in a known skin irritant, Doug has done so much research, including hiring independent labs to verify/dispute claims, his word is like gospel to many in this industry and I have learnt so much form his books.

The only thing that you stated that is correct is that MMA is banned! There are no studies whatsoever that links acrylic nails (EMA) to cancer - only claims from the uneducated. I am not even aware of any studies linking MMA to cancer, but I do not do acrylics so it is of no real concern to me.

In my opinion there are far more health concerns about breathing in the dust when filing. Proper ventilation and a dust extraction unit is a must for ALL technicians offering gel and/or acrylic services.

I use an Erica's MT20 e-file with their dust extractor attachment and my work area is DUST FREE!
Patented? Where? Its a UK company. Is the resin organic too? I doubt it.
Anna
Hmm, I see they are using a UV lamp with their system. Aren't they afraid it's going to give people cancer? The product is also removed with acetone... *sigh*

(11-05-2013, 11:00 AM)gelpro Wrote: Organic = carbon based. Pretty well everything you can see and touch is organic. Now certified organic for food....that has to meet certain criteria - re, no growth hormones, no pesticides etc.

The word ORGANIC is very misleading in our industry. Another one that kills me is "No Chemicals" - no harmfull chemicals maybe but if there are no chemicals, what is it made of then?????

If it works for you great, but to the best of my knowledge all nail enhancements are organic, please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thank you
Have had this talk with a few clients... imagine the anger there will be when they realize they have been had or that their techs don't know their chemicals.... generally, people do not like to learn they have been mislead

sure it is all natural... it all comes from chemicals from our planet... what is an unnatural chemical?

But leading clients to think it is, in the common usage, "organic"...

like the damage I see these days from the many who are over prepping gel-polish nails, it is no longer a "natural" nail product when the natural nail is being filed off, yikes.

(11-05-2013, 03:52 PM)gelpro Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 03:14 PM)Meg777 Wrote: Well I have tried the nail kit and it works for me best of all no smell and on the labelling it dose say organic nail powder and ingredient is horsetail herb. Calcium proteins and vitamin and they have a lable on the top saying it it patented as I said it worked for me they are also very light and my clients love it compared to the acrylics

As I said if it works for you great! Until I see a patent number AND MSDS I remain skeptical. By law they must provide you with an MSDS if you ask for one.

Vitamins in the product? and how do your nails process the vitamins to utilize them in the cells?
after reading Doug Schoon's materials, maybe nail techs should have a general course on biology
your body processes vitamins by digesting... are these vitamins the cells can use applied and, nail, like hair, after it leaves the body... how much effect can vitamins have?

Wow. I understand the frustration with spreading misinformation but geez. All the girl said was that she tried a new system and loved it blah blah blah, and you guys pounced on her like a pack of friggin hyenas. Constructive criticism, healthy discussion and spirited debate are great because that's how we learn from each other. Not turning your nose up and giving what equates to an internet scoff.
Better to pounce and prevent misinformation, rather then giving it a chance to spread.
I reread my posts and can find nothing offensive.

My message is consistent - don't believe everything you read - do your research!

There are many great systems out there. If a client truly wants "All Natural" then she should probably just get manicures with no polish, it does not get any more natural than that.

To me the best system is one where you can get advanced education in your area, especially when starting out. The best products on the market will not make you a better nail technician if you are lacking skill.

If it works for you great - just be aware that some marketing is just that marketing.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Well think people should try before runing a product down maybe just stuck in there old ways and maybe not want to try something new when it comes onto the market as they say what go"s around comes around fabulous
Yes I did my research on buying the product and to confirin. That the nail powder is 100 percent organic and is true and organiclay grown with no pesticide no additives ect and works fantastic and have bean a master nail tech for many years so thank you all for your comments so if you have nothing positive to say them please don't comment on my question
I also think all people that have commented should have done there research before surmising about this product and researched before. Slagging it of
Would be nice to do research if the had MSDS papers listed.
I wonder what Doug Schoon would have to say about this.
----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist
(11-08-2013, 07:59 PM)Meg777 Wrote: Yes I did my research on buying the product and to confirin. That the nail powder is 100 percent organic and is true and organiclay grown with no pesticide no additives ect and works fantastic and have bean a master nail tech for many years so thank you all for your comments so if you have nothing positive to say them please don't comment on my question
I also think all people that have commented should have done there research before surmising about this product and researched before. Slagging it of

how does one not comment on "organically (organiclay) grown?
a bean master tech?

dear,
this kind of misleading "un-technology" is bad for our industry, it is an opportunity for bad publicity in scare mongering media, like the flurry about uv light "causing" cancer...
then there are the clients I will see, walking in asking why their "organic" nail product with vitamins is not making their nails healthier, they sour on the industry instead of recognizing their own gullibility or sometimes the turn their anger on the dishonest techs
the comments you see as negative (if any were simple mean and not accurate, which ones?) are, in fact, educational.
You may not like them, but a little reading on your own, will show most of them are entirely accurate.
I wonder if you really are so completely uneducated about the materials you work with, or just looking for attention with a little message board squabble.

(11-07-2013, 08:21 PM)jupiter583 Wrote: Wow. I understand the frustration with spreading misinformation but geez. All the girl said was that she tried a new system and loved it blah blah blah, and you guys pounced on her like a pack of friggin hyenas. Constructive criticism, healthy discussion and spirited debate are great because that's how we learn from each other. Not turning your nose up and giving what equates to an internet scoff.

I'm curious, what posts in particular struck you as tearing-into-flesh hyena type commentary?

It looks like healthy, informative and very constructive discussion... are the facts are being presented... again and again in the hopes of having them taken seriously

techs are concerned, and, rightly so... the potential of the claims has serious implications

I think what some times happens is the reader is reading with an angry tone in her head when the writer is speaking in a normal conversational tone.
I re-read the posts, I don't see anything abusive I'm just baffled by the foolishness of the claims
I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell cheaply, very cheaply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 27
Views: 27,181
05-14-2015, 05:13 AM
Last Postilovenailshops
Replies: 1
Views: 1,629