You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is familiar w/the colors of OPI GelColor?
Hi ladies & gents ...I have 1 bottle of GelColor - I do like it. The shade I have is Color To Diner For. Those of you who are familiar with the shades of this line - I am looking for a few shades to round out my collection. I'm looking for something deeper/darker than the color mentioned - I'd like it to be shimmer, not cream or frost - like a deep burgundy black shimmer & a deep deep red shimmer - it's so hard to discern exact colors by looking online or even in catalogs. Color to Diner For looks nothing like the depictions I have seen of it. I have mostly Cuccio but they don't have the colors I'm looking for. (Moscow Red Square is not deep/dark enough IMO) - thanks so much!!
the best things in life, aren't things ...
(11-02-2013, 10:49 AM)loribe Wrote: Hi ladies & gents ...I have 1 bottle of GelColor - I do like it. The shade I have is Color To Diner For. Those of you who are familiar with the shades of this line - I am looking for a few shades to round out my collection. I'm looking for something deeper/darker than the color mentioned - I'd like it to be shimmer, not cream or frost - like a deep burgundy black shimmer & a deep deep red shimmer - it's so hard to discern exact colors by looking online or even in catalogs. Color to Diner For looks nothing like the depictions I have seen of it. I have mostly Cuccio but they don't have the colors I'm looking for. (Moscow Red Square is not deep/dark enough IMO) - thanks so much!!

Since they replicate the colors in the regular polish line, just find the corresponding Gel Color sog. Of course they dont have of the color replicated but you could start there.
Anna
(11-02-2013, 10:49 AM)loribe Wrote: Hi ladies & gents ...I have 1 bottle of GelColor - I do like it. The shade I have is Color To Diner For. Those of you who are familiar with the shades of this line - I am looking for a few shades to round out my collection. I'm looking for something deeper/darker than the color mentioned - I'd like it to be shimmer, not cream or frost - like a deep burgundy black shimmer & a deep deep red shimmer - it's so hard to discern exact colors by looking online or even in catalogs. Color to Diner For looks nothing like the depictions I have seen of it. I have mostly Cuccio but they don't have the colors I'm looking for. (Moscow Red Square is not deep/dark enough IMO) - thanks so much!!

I'm not Really a Waitress, deep shimmery red. For a darker red with a little less shimmer, there's Bastille My Heart.
(11-02-2013, 06:20 PM)Nail Raising Wrote: Since they replicate the colors in the regular polish line, just find the corresponding Gel Color sog. Of course they dont have of the color replicated but you could start there.

but I don't have a place where I can see them in person ...only online - and like I said - they don't show true online

wondering about Romeo & Juliet?? TY!
the best things in life, aren't things ...
Depends on now familiar you are with their regular polish colors. Sorry I couldnt help more.
Anna
(11-02-2013, 07:55 PM)loribe Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 06:20 PM)Nail Raising Wrote: Since they replicate the colors in the regular polish line, just find the corresponding Gel Color sog. Of course they dont have of the color replicated but you could start there.

but I don't have a place where I can see them in person ...only online - and like I said - they don't show true online

wondering about Romeo & Juliet?? TY!

Since OPI Gelcolor is my main color line, I am well versed. Romeo and Joliet is a dark copper shimmer. It does have more of a golden tone to the shimmer, but I dont think it is going be dark enough and what you are looking for based on your descriptions. Bogota Blackberry is a gorgeous deeper berry red with a hint of shimmer/frost. This color is a huge color for me right now with the fall season and will get more popular. I'm Not Really a Waitress is more a deep dark red with slight shimmer/frost and is OPI's signature color. Everyone knows it. I have numerous people who sit down at my table and say " I want, you know, that waitress color." I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, I will be happy to to help.
Does this gel polish fade at all>
aj
(11-08-2013, 12:16 AM)aj Wrote: Does this gel polish fade at all>

Fade, as in top coat shineness, ever so slightly. I have worked with Shellac before going to OPI and Shellac top coat does stay glossy. OPI, the glossiness of the top coat, dulls just a tad. We notice because its what we do, but I dont think the client notices. At least, I have never had a client comment on it.
Bogota Blackberry is a dark, shimmery red - very pretty.
Thanks for the response, what i meant was do the colours fade like lighter colours for instance turning a lighter shade or fading in spots. I use gelish and all my lighter colours fade, it's very frustrating when they come back three weeks later with a colour I can't recognize.
aj
(11-13-2013, 10:17 PM)aj Wrote: Thanks for the response, what i meant was do the colours fade like lighter colours for instance turning a lighter shade or fading in spots. I use gelish and all my lighter colours fade, it's very frustrating when they come back three weeks later with a colour I can't recognize.

No, I have never seen any of the colors fade like you describe. They stay true to when you put them on. The only "fading" that I notice is the mentioned above top coat dulling ever so slightly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,350
11-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Last Postjessicam981
Replies: 2
Views: 3,356
07-25-2014, 07:41 PM