You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Taylor
Has anyone tried the Morgan Taylor nail polish? If you have tried it please share your thoughts.
I have tried several of them, I find the base and top ( make it last ) is very good, I switch between OPI and MT. I will say that I tried the glitter 'Make A Statement" and it chipped very very fast on hands, which is too bad as they are so pretty. They do have a lot of pretty colors!

Kara Speth
Nails By Kara
[email protected]
Rushed to buy a bunch of the glitter colors at a beauty show when it first came out. So Very Excited.

Now, not such a fan. Brushes in some of the glitter colors are impossible to use - they are so fat in the bottle you could never apply the polish to tiny toes. And some of the brushes got wonky. I just threw my first bottle out last week as well. It was a beautiful holographic color, forgot the name, but got soooo thick and goopey it wasn't possible to finish the bottle, and the brush was thick anyway. Very frustrating experience. Maybe the regular colors are fine, but I was hoping the glitter colors would expand my polish collection.

Back to my Zoya polishes that never let me down - have never had a problem with their glitter colors or brushes!!
Propeditech-i had forgotten that about the brushes with the glitter. I now remember i had issue with the brush gumming up bad with just be use. I have not tried Zoya but maybe should. I find OPI glitters to be a bit large and I loved the fineness of the glitter in the MT.

Kara Speth
Nails By Kara
[email protected]
That is too bad cause they do have beautiful colors. I will be cancelling my order!! thanks for sounding in.
I love them, the coverage is exactly what is says, the colour selection is great, enough colours but not so many that you are confused,I recently became a distributor in Ireland for this brand, and am very interested in this feedback regarding the glitters. Is it All bottles of glitter- or just some as it would be really helpful for me to know, so that I can pre-emt any issues so to speak!!
It has surprised me how many repeat customers we have who love it, not that it's not good , just I thought nail polish was a thing of the past?
I have distributed many nail polishes over the yearst, but MT is definitely the nicest and cost conscious so far. I have never had zoya(it's not here) but have heard great things about it.
I love the creaminess of it. I have the Glitter and Gold (I think it's called), a frost and 2 crèmes. I have had no problem. I love the coverage of the glitter. If it is getting thick and goopy on you, will polish thinner not work? I always keep polish thinner- have to use it mostly on OPI, so I have stopped buying it and was hoping MT was my new line. We will see.
Always be kind....you get farther.
I like the creams and frosts and the glitter is so pretty, just didn't wear well (chipping first day)and as said above the brush gummed up fast. I understand having to use a thinner on older polish but not for the first time use. I have yet to try the glitter on toes but the creams and frosts did last well. I have never yet had to use thinner on an OPI bottle but most of mine are around 6 months old.

Kara Speth
Nails By Kara
[email protected]
(10-05-2013, 01:24 AM)Tn Nail Lady Wrote: I love the creaminess of it. I have the Glitter and Gold (I think it's called), a frost and 2 crèmes. I have had no problem. I love the coverage of the glitter. If it is getting thick and goopy on you, will polish thinner not work? I always keep polish thinner- have to use it mostly on OPI, so I have stopped buying it and was hoping MT was my new line. We will see.

I used polish thinner and still had to throw away a fairly new bottle...
Polish thinner, would that be acetone or a particular product? I would imagine if it's acetone based, it would certainly thin the product, there and then but the next time you went to use it , the solvents would have evaporated and the polish would be dead as as dodo!!
I think if you buy a polish/lacquer you should be able to use it till the last drop , without the use of a thinner. Thank you for all this feedback, the problems you guys are having appear to be all glitter shades, - any particular ones ? Sorry for all this picking your brains!
In regards to the Morgan TAylor polishes, we have experimented quite a bit with them and it is true about the brush. The brush that MT uses in these bottles gum up and become wilted quite easily in certain colors.
Being a huge Gelish fan, I was excited to hear about this line. I tried it and am not such a fan. I purchased a glitter color and had the same issues everyone else had....I was very disappointed and I gave it away.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
We have only sold mainly colours as the glitter season has not yet arrived here, so far customer's are loving them, especially mauve/berry shades.
Beyond polish.com and lovethosetoes,have you tried to clean the brush after each use? I know you shouldn't have to, am just trying to think of solutions for when the brush gummed up. Or is it possible to ungum the brush with acetone perhaps? Was the whole bottle useless or was it just the brush was unusable?
Apologies again for tormenting you all,just the glitter colours look amazing in the bottles and I really like the look of them and hope it's just New brand and teething problems!!
Drinks on the house in Ireland for bestest helpers answers?

Mrs o x
I love the colors and how it wears on my acrylic clients. HATE the brushes. I am now experimenting when I finish up a CG or OPI polish - to switch out the caps/brushes. Where we can give feedback to them on the brushes? UGH, Smile
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
Never use acetone as a polish thinner. It will just evaporate and make the polish even worse.
Always be kind....you get farther.
I haven't had any problems with chipping but I always use the A+ from Tammy Taylor as my top.
(10-01-2013, 07:04 AM)kspeth Wrote: Propeditech-i had forgotten that about the brushes with the glitter. I now remember i had issue with the brush gumming up bad with just be use. I have not tried Zoya but maybe should. I find OPI glitters to be a bit large and I loved the fineness of the glitter in the MT.

Love the Zoya glitters! Never had a problem with them.
I have to agree that the glitter polishes do not last well and do not shine like they do in the bottle. Very disappointing. Sad
Robin Stopper Renner
Nails by Robin/R.S.Innovations, LLC.
Mount Dora, Florida
http://www.wrist-assist.com
[email protected]
Morgan Taylor was formulated to be an EXTREMELY fast drying polish. Because of this, depending on how fast you polish the brushes may have glitter chunks drying between the bristles and making them go all wonky.

I would try cleaning and wiping out the bristles between uses and see if this helps.
Morgan Taylor was formulated to be an EXTREMELY fast drying polish. Because of this, depending on how fast you polish the brushes may have glitter chunks drying between the bristles and making them go all wonky.

I would try cleaning and wiping our the bristles between uses and see if this helps.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
I also was excited about the MT line when it came out. Not so anymore. I did not find it lasted any better than OPI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 3,520
10-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Last PostMrsbon
Replies: 0
Views: 1,913
07-08-2013, 04:17 PM