You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Got this on FB, Thought you all might get a laugh out of it.
Please someone educated these folks.

Beauty Tips · 227,137 like this
27 minutes ago ·
It is not advisable to keep your nails painted always. Give them time to breathe to avoid ending up with discolored nails. Also use the best paint to avoid ruining your nails - > http://lovelybeautycaretips.com/give-you...o-breathe/
Pam Smith
Nails at Last Salon
[email protected]

Chinese proverb:
Women who scratch butt
should not bite fingernails!
Seriously ?
You cant fix stupid!
Almost choked on my morning coffee... The really stupid part?? Look how many likes! That's a lot of stupid
I had to leave a comment...sometimes I just can't stop myself.
I left them a comment!
Pam Smith
Nails at Last Salon
[email protected]

Chinese proverb:
Women who scratch butt
should not bite fingernails!
Dear heavens.... misinformation at it's ugliest.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
(09-14-2013, 10:05 AM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: I had to leave a comment...sometimes I just can't stop myself.

Ha! I saw it! Tongue

I actually feel kinda bad. And really embarrassed for the writer(s). Poking around the site gives me the impression that this person or persons are not native english speakers. I'm NOT condoning poor information, but let's try not to demand their heads on stakes.

"How to apply blusher properly" Basically the whole article.
"How to make your lipstick last longer tips - Even worse, lipsticks can fade unevenly and make your face look really unpleasant and weird." lol @ unpleasant and weird
"Valuable tips for smooth skin - Our skin is the largest organ of our body and it does a lot of things, from protection from germs to keeping us warm." why yes, my internal organs WOULD be quite cold without my skin

You know, at one point in time, we could've said that it sounds like a kid wrote this....

About the whole breathing thing; when a client brings up taking of the gels or foregoing polish for some time, many times I just give an understanding nod and move on. I'm all for educating the client, but something I just do not feel like going through the whole schpiel. Next time I'll mention how they just reminded me that I have to dust my furniture at home because they might be choking. Angel
Well, that read was good for a laugh at least! This part kills me:

"In addition, when it comes to clipping your nails and filing them give them a square finish rather than the round finish. This is because germs tend to hide at the corners of our nails and if you give them the round finish it will be hard to clean those corners."

Whaaat?? Even if the whole "germs hide at the corners" thing were true... shouldn't we then leave them round so there are no corners? Lmao
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I used to cruise "ask" for dumb nail advice, like "I don't have any polish remover what can I use instead" "gasoline" "just peel if off with a knife"... you get the idea

I'm amazed in the "information age" so many people are so dumb.... they had an excuse in the 1800's....

and the translations.... recently read on a nail art site...
"if someone is thinking on changing you there is no time for that, no more bad days and time spent in the bathroom working on nails. You will be ready to enter the world of big faces and extravagance or you will soon be in the shadow"

no pressure ;-) just style or die ;-)

(09-18-2013, 11:25 AM)CandiceAE Wrote: Well, that read was good for a laugh at least! This part kills me:

"In addition, when it comes to clipping your nails and filing them give them a square finish rather than the round finish. This is because germs tend to hide at the corners of our nails and if you give them the round finish it will be hard to clean those corners."

Whaaat?? Even if the whole "germs hide at the corners" thing were true... shouldn't we then leave them round so there are no corners? Lmao

Hysterical!
long story... client and I were talking about how some completely miss the sanitation concept (he's a doctor)
He told me a great story... His dad (also a doc), knew a woman of relatively recent immigration. He noticed she kept food in the oven that should have been refrigerated and one day spoke to her about it, telling her she should refrigerate the food and why. Some time later, at her house, she walked him over to the oven, opening the oven door and closing it solidly. Fixing him with a considering gaze, "Mr. Jones" she said, "Tell me Mr. Jones, tell me, how can the bacteria get..... in to..... the oven?".

I think that pretty much sums up a lot of people's germ theory....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post