You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedicure Questions
Do any of you use pedicure bits on your efile? I bought a couple from Kupa so I can relieve my arm some and while I understand in theory (I took the efile cert class) I just don't think I'm getting it. I've watched the video they have on it but of course they're demo-ing on beautiful feet, not much visual help there lol! I feel like I'm roughing up the feet more and any videos I've found have always used the large mandrel with the sanding band. I have the regular mandrel but I was hoping the pedi bits would do a more efficient job. Perhaps I need better or different products? I have ZoomDry Callus Action, which is what I normally use and Be Natural Callus Eliminator (I linked pages with the ingredients just for comparison.) My problem is when a client has plain ol' dry feet. I don't know what to do short of just chopping them at the ankles and giving them a new pair! I know a lot of this has to do with home care but as much as I drill them they, ya know, are SOOOO busy. Dodgy Any suggestions/recommendations on technique and products? Please and thank you! Big Grin

**Apologies for asking what I'm sure has been asked before but the search isn't exactly the most intuitive and I didn't have the patience to sift through tons of threads**
It really needs to be a combination of good products and tools, IMO. I don't use pedicure bits - I use Footlogix Callus Off spray and the Angelfeet file and I get pretty incredible results. For extra callused feet I use the Callus Eliminator (wrap in plastic, then scrape), then lightly with the Angelfeet file - then soak - then Callus off with Angelfeet file again - then a scrub followed by hot towels. I charge extra for this service, but it is the Extreme Makeover version of a pedicure!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
(09-01-2013, 07:04 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: It really needs to be a combination of good products and tools, IMO. I don't use pedicure bits - I use Footlogix Callus Off spray and the Angelfeet file and I get pretty incredible results. For extra callused feet I use the Callus Eliminator (wrap in plastic, then scrape), then lightly with the Angelfeet file - then soak - then Callus off with Angelfeet file again - then a scrub followed by hot towels. I charge extra for this service, but it is the Extreme Makeover version of a pedicure!

I use the same steps with just a different brand of callus remover ( Be Natural Callus Remover) and a different foot file (Swedish Clover Flowery D foot file). I feel that there is no need to use an efile and that it may cause panic with clients that you are about to use a "dremel" on their feet. Most clients don't need the "heavy duty" stuff. Client education (needing a pedicure monthly, professional grade at home care products) will help and they will appreciate the care and concern you take to provide service.
Yes, there are Pedi bits. One place you can get them is Atwood.

atwoodindustries.net

I've been using a bit called the 'The Whiz' that they sell and it works beautifully. I use Blue Cross Cuticle remover applied to a plastic backed absorbent pad that's been cut into squares that work well on the bottom of the foot. After placing the moistened pad on the heel and ball of the foot areas, I wrap the foot in a towel and leave it on for about 5-7 minutes. After the time is up, unwrap the towel, remove the squares, and wipe the bottom of the foot of as much of the remover as you can. Turn the e file on a med. high speed in REVERSE, so it doesn't throw the callus on you! It'll direct it down toward the towel instead. It takes practice to learn how to hold the file correctly to keep the skin going on to the towel and not on you. You might want to find a willing guinea pig to practice on before doing this on paying clients.
There's no pain or cutting and some clients have said it feels like a massage. ALL have said their feet stay smooth from pedi to pedi now instead of getting rough again after a few weeks. If you're having trouble with your hands and shoulders, this is definitely the answer.
I recommend going to the Footlogix site and checking out the callous spray and taking a FREE webinar on Footlogix with either them or the North American School of Podology (NASP). You could also have education for the excellent Footligix product with a rep in your area; certain standards may apply.

I use a chechi file for less troubled areas (medium file Only with a light touch) OR a bit on my MediCool file, for more troubled spots. Also, look for a pedicure DVD which in the past has been available through MediCool. I found it quite helpful after watching it many times.

Yes!! There is a learning curve on how to properly hold a pedicure file. Well worth the necessary practice. Try it on yourself!

Donnas tip on file in "reverse" is so true.

Educate yourself and persevere!! Best~
~Certified Master Pedicurist~
~Advanced Nail Technician~
You may want to have a talk with Erica at http://www.ericasata.com.

She can help you with choosing their special pedicure bits, and she can help with understanding the proper order in which to use them during a pedicure. Their company has great customer service.

Their pedicure bits are to be used on dry feet before any soaking is done. They work very well. I have shoulder problems, and this has made my work day much easier. And my clients are much happier with the results of their callus reduction. I use the Erica's cordless e-file, and none of my clients are afraid of it as it is not intimidating. They also have bits for cleaning the cuticle area so well on the toes that my clients would not be happy with me if I did not use the e-file on them. They notice that their nails are much cleaner at the cuticle, their polish goes on nicer and it lasts longer.

I use both Erica's e-file vacuum (very loud) and I also use a Salon Pure Air (not as loud) to capture the dry dust from the pedicure bit filing. The dust can be a potential hazard if the client has a foot infection that you may not be aware of. Sometimes it's hard to tell. Expensive, but they keep things neat, tidy and protect everyone in the salon. I would never suggest any type of dry filing that can go airborne without some type of very good capture device. The Salon Pure Air is the third capture type unit I purchased, and I am finally pretty happy with it. It's not perfect in capturing everything, but it is very close.
I don't see a need (personally) for the e-file on the sole of the foot, but I can see where it might be incredible around the cuticle! I also use the Salon Pure Air, which I think would be a must if you're e-filing feet! Potential athlete's foot (fungus) floating in the air... Gak.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 10
Views: 9,667
07-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Last Posttsita78