You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Venting
So I have this elderly client that feels she needs to make comments about my weight. She has brought in magazines about the Biggest Looser and tells me
I should go on the show. She
Just brought in a People from a couple of weeks ago about people that have lost weight. She opened up the book to show me people in their bikinis . Now I am a hard working 53 year old salon owner and busy nail tech that is over weight ,but not grossly obease. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week and she tells me that I am not trying hard enough . Really how much do we have to put up with lol!!
people never fail to appall me ...just let it roll off your back if you can ...I'm about 30lbs overweight too ...I'm really tired of the mentality that we should all be a size 2 - 6 ...as long as you're healthy & fit - I think that is what's most important
the best things in life, aren't things ...
I really just think its funny what people in the service industry has to put up with sometimes. I need to write my book lol
You should show her ads for wrinkle cream, wigs....or funeral planners.
Do you own your own personal version of "the look"?? I call mine my "Mom look", but I know childless people who possess their own. You know the one, you stop what you're doing, focus it directly on the offending party and it stops them dead in their tracks? Dust yours off for her lol. Crazy azz people out their. I do love Jennie's ideas - though the funeral planners might be deemed as a threat. Smile
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
LMFAO!! Funeral planners!! xDDDD

Yea clgellise, the things people say lol. Funny......in retrospect. Dodgy You have to just say something that is polite and professional yet firm. "While I'm sure things could be working much better or faster, considering that I own this great salon and have such wonderful clients as yourself THAT CARE SO MUCH ABOUT ME (Angel) and keep me so busy, I think I'm cruising along pretty great!" And don't forget to smile! hehe. Elderly clients. Some are kooky fun and some...well, you just wanna elbow them into the coffin LMAO!

There was a client once that I actually really liked but then began to always ask about my social life, etc. and would always tell me "but you gotta go out, you're young, you'll never meet anyone that way" etc. Ok lady, 1. I'm an introvert and 2. I don't have that much money to be going out poppin bottles and meeting fancy men. Thanks for trying to make me feel like a loser. Luckily she wasn't my client so I began to just smile and nod and walk away lol and eventually just avoided her altogether.
I once had a client keep telling me I should Try HCG. (I've had a weight problem my whole life. even after losing 80lbs I still weighed 275lbs.) I told her that It has been my own personal experience that anything I take to help me lose the weight once I stop taking it I gain it all back and then some. she kept pestering me to try this HCG and I kept declining and one day she said to me " I know there is a beautiful skinny girl inside of you.". well that was enough for me. so I said " that's funny, I don't remember eating that." we finished the appointment in total silence and that was the the last time I put her on my books. I'm hard enough on myself everyday without the help of others.
"I belive in karma...so i'm not worried."
(08-27-2013, 09:50 AM)EternalFlower09 Wrote: I once had a client keep telling me I should Try HCG. (I've had a weight problem my whole life. even after losing 80lbs I still weighed 275lbs.) I told her that It has been my own personal experience that anything I take to help me lose the weight once I stop taking it I gain it all back and then some. she kept pestering me to try this HCG and I kept declining and one day she said to me " I know there is a beautiful skinny girl inside of you.". well that was enough for me. so I said " that's funny, I don't remember eating that." we finished the appointment in total silence and that was the the last time I put her on my books. I'm hard enough on myself everyday without the help of others.

OMG... What a perfect response! I have all those same issues. Years ago, a client I'd had for about a year came in the shop, complaining about how much weight she'd gained. Of course, she's about a size 2, if that. I'm well known for not engaging my brain before opening my mouth. My reply: "Wow... you sure have! My goodness!" The entire shop fell silent, save for the quiet snickers. It made for an awkward appointment, but I just smiled and filed! Never did her nails again after that...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 12
Views: 6,579
06-30-2013, 04:43 AM
Last Postwendynailart
Replies: 6
Views: 3,183
06-20-2013, 11:55 PM