You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going out of business....
Sad but true. Please take a look at the swap/shop folder.

Thank You.
Shaun
Shaun, what's happened? Why are you going out of business?
Elyse in WA
http://www.elysiumnailstudio.com
The Nail Princess is in.
It's just time to cut my losses and move on.

I found out I'm allergic to acetone and gel and acrylic. Of all things!

So, I decided to just close up and sell off everything.
wow, sorry to hear about that, Shaun... Sad
Thanks Donna. I was really upset at first but I'm OK with it now. Xoxox
Well, yeah, an allergy to those things would make doing nails pretty impossible. So sorry to hear about it. Sad
Elyse in WA
http://www.elysiumnailstudio.com
The Nail Princess is in.
Thanks Elyse.
Did you develop an allergy or have you always been allergic? Some brands such as CND are a lot more hypoallergenic and some people who have reactions with other lines do not have it with them.
I feel for you Elyse, I developed an allergy to acetone after doing nails for 7 years. I found that I could wear nitrile gloves (two pairs) and be extra cautious and I could still work though I switched to part time and went back to school. good luck!
Do you use a professional ventilation system? Either one that extracts air to the outside or a -stage filter system that removes all invisible dust and chemicals in the air? If the material doesn't touch your skin and you don't breath dust/fumes, then you won't get an allergic reaction.
Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com
Have you guys ever tried using Gloves in a Bottle? I am severely allergic to monomer liquid. My hands blister up and itch like crazy. I use Gloves in a Bottle and viola! I do acrylics everyday and have no issues
(08-25-2013, 04:48 PM)jluper7297 Wrote: Have you guys ever tried using Gloves in a Bottle? I am severely allergic to monomer liquid. My hands blister up and itch like crazy. I use Gloves in a Bottle and viola! I do acrylics everyday and have no issues

OH!! I've heard great things about gloves in a Bottle and was going to by some for my husband who works in construction and has eczema on his hands...but I never thought of recommending it to nail techs who have allergies...genius!! It may even be good to use as a precaution against developing those allergies.

Some people want to use gloves when doing pedicures for cleanliness. Do you think gloves in a bottle creates enough of a barrier that you could feel at ease doing pedicures?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,417
01-23-2015, 01:48 AM
Last PostJill in Ky
Replies: 6
Views: 3,606
02-11-2014, 08:13 PM