You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does polish peel with Seche Vite top? Do you use deenterprise topcoat?
Hello,
Lately a few clients have complained that polish is peeling off when i use seche vite topcoat. I never liked Out the DOor.
I did get a sample of deenterprises quick dry top coat and liked it on myself. It dries quick and stays real shiny. Any experiences with seche and deenterprises quick dry topcoat?
thanks so much
This doesn't answer your question, but I won't use Seche Vite because it has toluene - one of the big 3 no-nos! I use Famous Names Lumos top coat. Great shine, dries polish in 10 minutes to the point you can wear socks and shoes. Unless I do something stupid, like chip a nail on a coke can tab like I did yesterday, my manicures last 5-7 days with no polish issues except for maybe some very minor (imperceptible except to me) wear on the tips because I always forget to wear gloves when I wash dishes..
Another vote for Lumos!
I don't care for Lumos. It's not as shiny as Seche. It does dry fast as long as there is no more than 2 coats of color. I don't think it is fast drying if I have to apply more than 2 coats of color. It tends to drag the color. It does work well with Zoya polishes. Seche has it's own problems but I keep coming back to it. If it is peeling maybe you are applying too thick. Making it tempting for some to peel.
(08-07-2013, 07:11 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: I don't care for Lumos. It's not as shiny as Seche. It does dry fast as long as there is no more than 2 coats of color. I don't think it is fast drying if I have to apply more than 2 coats of color. It tends to drag the color. It does work well with Zoya polishes. Seche has it's own problems but I keep coming back to it. If it is peeling maybe you are applying too thick. Making it tempting for some to peel.

With Lumos you if there isn't enough product on the brush it will drag the color. The brush needs to float on top of your color coat. Take a look at this link to do the perfect lumos application. Sometimes a small change makes all the difference.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-...ation.html
I'm a big fan of seche and I haven't tried the other. It is the best drying one that I have found. But sometimes I all of a sudden have people coming in with peeling also. I decided it must get to a point in the bottle where it starts doing that. Like its old but not really. I tell myself to use half the bottle and then throw it away. Such a waste. I don't think the thinners help.
(08-07-2013, 11:51 AM)plumgirl Wrote: This doesn't answer your question, but I won't use Seche Vite because it has toluene - one of the big 3 no-nos! I use Famous Names Lumos top coat. Great shine, dries polish in 10 minutes to the point you can wear socks and shoes. Unless I do something stupid, like chip a nail on a coke can tab like I did yesterday, my manicures last 5-7 days with no polish issues except for maybe some very minor (imperceptible except to me) wear on the tips because I always forget to wear gloves when I wash dishes..

Where can I get the Lumos top coat? Thanks
(08-20-2013, 03:34 PM)garyjon414 Wrote: Where can I get the Lumos top coat? Thanks

http://www.famousnamesproducts.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 31
Views: 26,590
01-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Last PostRobinson907
Replies: 5
Views: 2,690