You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Smile line cutting tool
Hi everyone!

I had a client go get 2 nails repaired while she was on vacation. They used a nail cutting tool to do the smile line and I have to say I was quite impressed. It was a very nice perfect line. I am intrigued by this and interested in trying it out. I've done pink n whites for 11 years by cutting the white with an e-file and I do a fine job but if I can perfect my work further and make my life easier, I'm game!

Has or does anyone use this tool? Which one is the best and where do I get it? What are the pros and con or do you have any helpful hints?

Hopefully I'm not repeating, but I did a search on this topic and only found one thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Linda
I purchased this tool because I have not perfected my pink and white application. It really helps if you've been out of the game for a while (like myself) or if you want to save time. I purchased mine at a local distributor for under $25. You can find them on eBay as well.

While this is a quick, time-saving method, I am still practicing the traditional application. I worked in a spa so long that doing acrylic was foreign to me! This tool helps me see how I need to work on my smile line so I can get it right!

Good luck! I hope you like this tool as much as I do!

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
http://www.todaysproducts.com

this is where i got mine from. they have every shape and style.
"I belive in karma...so i'm not worried."
(07-11-2013, 09:03 PM)EternalFlower09 Wrote: http://www.todaysproducts.com

this is where i got mine from. they have every shape and style.

What an awesome website ! Thank you !
Very interesting videos.
Always be kind....you get farther.
I use one just because its faster you can still mess it up though. You have to make sure its even when you cut and that you clean the acrylic off after each cut, and that the acrylic is not still too wet or it will drag it. Its simple though. I prefer the kind that cuts the pink (reverse method). I've used both kinds. With the type cuts the white, i was having to go over the part where you scrape it (zone 2) with a french brush to clean up white smears which adds time. That is not an issue with the pink kind. With the type that cuts the pink part I also can go over the smile line with a file to smooth it out. Sometimes the smile line may be slightly jagged, and it's not noticeable until white is against it. I think the brand I have is q pink cutter.
I've seen their nail show in person from todayproducts . She does a complete full set p&w acrylic in only 20 mins.
(07-12-2013, 10:36 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: I use one just because its faster you can still mess it up though. You have to make sure its even when you cut and that you clean the acrylic off after each cut, and that the acrylic is not still too wet or it will drag it. Its simple though. I prefer the kind that cuts the pink (reverse method). I've used both kinds. With the type cuts the white, i was having to go over the part where you scrape it (zone 2) with a french brush to clean up white smears which adds time. That is not an issue with the pink kind. With the type that cuts the pink part I also can go over the smile line with a file to smooth it out. Sometimes the smile line may be slightly jagged, and it's not noticeable until white is against it. I think the brand I have is q pink cutter.

Where did u get your pink cutter.? I have one ,but it is a little to straight for my liking. Or is that the only shape they make ? I got mine a very long time ago...
(07-13-2013, 08:24 AM)lexibunny Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 10:36 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: I use one just because its faster you can still mess it up though. You have to make sure its even when you cut and that you clean the acrylic off after each cut, and that the acrylic is not still too wet or it will drag it. Its simple though. I prefer the kind that cuts the pink (reverse method). I've used both kinds. With the type cuts the white, i was having to go over the part where you scrape it (zone 2) with a french brush to clean up white smears which adds time. That is not an issue with the pink kind. With the type that cuts the pink part I also can go over the smile line with a file to smooth it out. Sometimes the smile line may be slightly jagged, and it's not noticeable until white is against it. I think the brand I have is q pink cutter.

Where did u get your pink cutter.? I have one ,but it is a little to straight for my liking. Or is that the only shape they make ? I got mine a very long time ago...

I think it was tonynail.com the one I have is medium I believe they have 3 different curves to choose from.
The manf. of these is http://www.qbuffers.com

putting on a new set quickly with uniform quality has never been an issue for me its always keeping a consistent smile line when you do a double fill that pains me. I have known some techs who just find it easier to have the client soak them off and get a new set every 3 months.
Hair, nails and waxing, I am a triple threat on two legs!!
Backfills kill my time too...
Is this what you are looking for?

http://todaysproducts.com/vshape.html
Young nails has a good video for backfills. They do like a one two three, one two three motion with the e file. They really helped me. You can always go over with a file to smooth out the smile line.
(07-14-2013, 08:04 PM)gelpro Wrote: Is this what you are looking for?

http://todaysproducts.com/vshape.html

Guess I should have looked at the thread. Someone already posted the link.
In the video the lady cuts the white ,then cleans off excess ,my question is ,does she use acetone to do this ? Or am I just misunderstanding something she is saying...
Can this be used for gel?
Be as creative as you can be and you will never be ordinary!
I wish it could but I don't see how.
Question- with gel - could you do a flash cure & then use this type of tool to cut away & then fully cure? Just thinking out of the "box"
(12-04-2013, 10:57 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Question- with gel - could you do a flash cure & then use this type of tool to cut away & then fully cure? Just thinking out of the "box"

I don't think this would work. When you flash
cure white builder gel, it's still wet inside. Only the outside is cured. I think it would leak.
I used to use this tool for smile lines, works great, you can also use the back of a nail tip dippped in powder first. But since i've used Young Nails, their method is easier, watch their videos.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 263
10-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Last PostNurse nail tech
Replies: 2
Views: 4,972
09-07-2014, 09:45 PM