You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuccio Colour Veneer - anyone used this
...well I'm excited as I have decided this is the gel color I'll be offering ...at least I think anyway, from what I've been reading; it sounds like the line for me - I placed an order today, trying 3 colors of the Veneer ( Sicilian Summer is one of them!) & also ordered a few regular colors too - the colors are the best I seen (online) ...so will let you know what I think of the wear. Keep in mind I'm not a nail tech - I'm a cosmetologist who does a little of everything
the best things in life, aren't things ...
(04-14-2013, 10:11 AM)BeautyTech.com Wrote: which red was it Donna??? I've got Moscow Red Sqaure on and its lovely.. tonight I switch to Scician Summer.

Sorry, Deb, just now seeing this. As for what red, I can't say that I have even noticed the name...Undecided. It's a deep red tho, darker than what you showed in your pic. Has a slightly brownish undertone to it. For the price, it's amazing Madelyn Johnson is offering 10% off right now, if you order thru her......I believe she told me that it was only $4 a bottle! Verify that before you order tho....
(03-20-2013, 02:56 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: ...Just another point - the Cuccio line will seem like it costs much less than mani-Q, but remember that it is in a smaller bottle. While the end price is a bit lower than mani-Q, it's not as significant as it appears just by looking at the bottle price!

actually the difference IS significant ...if you do the math and price out Cuccio as to what it would be at 1/2 ounce (15ml = half ounce such as Mani-Q & OPI GelColor are sold, Cuccio is 13ml);
Cuccio would be $13.80 per a 15 ml bottle as compared to Mani-Q at $15.95 or OPI GelColor at $17.50 ...so Cuccio is a deal! Smile
I just bought a bunch of them, 21 sets of the soak off gel with matching laquer, for $7.94 per set. I couldn't pass up the deal. From The Industry Source. I am absolutely in love with this product so far so good. I am currently wearing it for the last 2 color changes, 1st change I was transitioning from hard gel and needed a fill so just buffed and applied the Cuccio on top. 2nd change 3 weeks later, took off all the other including the hard gel that was still on, and now have it on my own nails, they are doing fantastic. and protecting my nails from my torture I put them through, have not had to cut length down except the 3 nails I use to bowl with, but only just as a precaution so they wouldnt break. I do however want to try it with my OPI base as I do not have to dry wipe with the OPI. As far as application, the coverage is amazing and it doesnt wrinkle, the matching polishes are amazing!!!!!
(05-26-2013, 12:06 PM)loribe Wrote:
(03-20-2013, 02:56 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: ...Just another point - the Cuccio line will seem like it costs much less than mani-Q, but remember that it is in a smaller bottle. While the end price is a bit lower than mani-Q, it's not as significant as it appears just by looking at the bottle price!

actually the difference IS significant ...if you do the math and price out Cuccio as to what it would be at 1/2 ounce (15ml = half ounce such as Mani-Q & OPI GelColor are sold, Cuccio is 13ml);
Cuccio would be $13.80 per a 15 ml bottle as compared to Mani-Q at $15.95 or OPI GelColor at $17.50 ...so Cuccio is a deal! Smile

I came out at Cuccio for $13.90 for .5 fl oz, but yes, that is a great deal. Factor in the sale that Industry Source just had - I got 28 of the Cuccio colors WITH the matching nail polish for $7.94 for both! Even saying the regular polish cost only $1 - if the Cuccio Veneer had been .5 ml it would have been only $8.07 per bottle!!! What a steal! That would be like getting Mani-Q for half price!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
yes ...I did grab a bunch off that sale too!
I just ordered more of the Veneer colors. i love how strong and shiny it is
I do absolutely love Cuccio Veneer and Polish applications. I do have some problems with colors fading and one color needs 3 coats to fully cover. But I STILL LOVE IT. However, I cannot for the life of me get this stuff off. Huh I end up just filing it off. Should I use a hard gel to protect the natural nail?
I had a hard time removing it from one client ...you do need to file the top coat down a bit as per the directions ...it removed easily from my nails, but that one client I pretty much have to buff it off ...I don't know why. No color fade for me but I have only used 4 colors so far ...all good with 2 coats. However ...for the Lacquer w/Tahitian Villa I need 3 coats to get the coverage I wanted(maybe the Veneer will be the same - haven't used it yet)
I only use the file-off method, and I just do two layers of base coat on all clients. One advantage is slightly stronger nails, the second advantage is having a thicker buffer zone to protect the natural nail from the e-file!

I haven't had any color fade, nor do I have any that need three coats. I do have all of their colors and I think there are only a couple that haven't been used yet, so I'm wondering if maybe you got some bad bottles? Hopefully the product was properly stored by whoever sold it to you!

I have run across one color that the polish and gel polish totally don't match - interesting, though, Loribe - it's a different color than the one you had a problem with. With this still being such a new line, I'm wondering if they're experiencing some production glitches.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
Totally Tokyo fades to a coral, it's really pretty but if someone picks pink they probably want it to stay pink. Parisian Pastille turns yellowish pink and definitely is not opaque. And Eye Candy in Miami needs 3 coats. Either way, I still love the stuff. I did talk with Elaine and she said there were some pigment issues with a few so they are working on it.
Weird... I've used Totally Tokyo dozens of times with no fade, I've had at least three of four clients use the Parisian Pastille with no yellowing. I've only used the Eye Candy in Miami twice now, and it went on in two coats like all the rest for me. At this point I've just about used every color and all are two coats, some could be in one - I also haven't seen significant color change in any as yet. With just about any color that's worn for 2-4 weeks I think it's normal for a VERY slight fading, but definitely not a color change! I had that with YN Beige 101 and a few Gelish colors and it makes me not want to use them at all!

Interesting that we're having different results with the exact same colors, it's either got to be production inconsistency, total systems used, or application/curing methods.

I use YN protein bond and base gel for all gel polish services and then the color of choice (regardless of brand), followed by Cuccio's top coat (regardless of gel polish brand used). I also use the YN UV lights.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
I am wondering about clients that smoke vrs those that don't?
True... or those who expose their nails to cleaning chemicals. I had one come in today with the soft pink and she did have discoloration near the cuticle, but just on two nails. Clearly from cleaning products, and she is one of my worst offenders, no way am I blaming the product on hers!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
I have a client who wore Parisian Pastille for 3 weeks ...she is a smoker so naturally her 'smoking fingers' yellowed but only those ...and I can see smoke or cleaning solutions turning a pink to a coral - I can totally see that. Also ...heavy tanners & tanning products for sure. I think there are probably alot of variables that can affect things which we might not even consider ..

I also have not noticed Eye Candy as needing 3 coats ...I wonder hlaurette, if your product needed a good mixing?? I do however agree that Parisian Pastille is not opaque - I suggested to Shelbie that they re-describe that colour. And the online/catalog image of that colour is not even close, but that seems to be the only one so far IMHO

I do have to say Cuccio is my fav line so far ...but I have only tried about 4 color lines ...I think it's just that you will have favorites in several lines ...but it seems very problem free for the most part ...I am anxious for them to have more colors
I know, 36 is just not enough colors! I think I have about 125-130 gel polish colors for my clients to choose from, but I really want to phase out the Gelish so I need Cuccio and Mani-Q to duplicate/replace those Gelish colors. I'm not worried about the sheer glitter gel polishes because I have about 50 different glitters to use, plus pigment powders, etc.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
Candice-- any reason you want to fade out of Gelish?
Can you layer the color products like you can with Shellac to make additional colors maybe?
I'm a bit late on catching up on this thread but I want to say I've had no problems with any of the colors fading and I absolutely LOVE the sealer! I've had problems in the past with Gelish's, and OPI's going dull after a few days. The Cuccio sealer stays shiny for 2+ weeks. I've even had clients remarking about how shiny their nails still are when they come back for fills.
I want to phase out Gelish for a variety of reasons.
-Because of the solvents in Gelish (probably), it is not as "strong" as Mani-Q and Cuccio's Veneer. Clients with strong nails and/or easier on the hands lifestyle do ok with it, but everyone else has more chipping with Gelish.
-I also have had numerous Gelish colors that cured in the bottles, some only partially, which result in a bent unusable brush, but some cured entirely. Yes, I store them properly - several that cured in the bottle did so within just a couple months of purchase.
-Some colors are streaky, requiring a third coat.

While Gelish does have a lot of good colors and is a decent product, decent isn't really what I want to work with. I don't want to have a product that only works at 100% for maybe 50-60% of clients. Now that with Mani-Q and Cuccio together I have a large collection I don't need the Gelish to round out my assortment so I'm throwing out the colors that fade or have any in-bottle curing going on. I'm not saying I'll never buy Gelish - sometimes when I'm shopping online I need an item to get me to the level for free shipping so I might grab a bottle, and there are a few colors that I can't duplicate with another line so I might replace a few favorites down the road. Really, the other two lines so outperform the Gelish that my clients decide for themselves not to choose the Gelish colors (they're all identified by brand on my sample tips) so my clients are deciding for me! Smile

I do understand there are some out there who swear by Gelish. Possibly because we live on an island in a wet state (Washington) the product does not work as well here.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
I don't know about the rest of you but the Gelish bottles always seem to make a mess around the neck. I don't know if it's because the neck is thinner or what but I'm contstantly fighting the sog coming up round the neck. It looks horrible, it gets on the cap, then it's all over my fingers. I have to stop, wipe off my fingers with alcohol, then clean the cap, wipe off wasted product pooled at the base of the neck. It's just not worth it. I've had a few other lines do this on SOME of their polishs but with Gelish, it's almost consistent with each bottle. PIA!
(06-19-2013, 09:14 AM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: I don't know about the rest of you but the Gelish bottles always seem to make a mess around the neck.

YEESSSS!!!!! I thought it was somehow me, but then I thought "there's no way, I'm too much of a neat worker for that" LOL! Or my past coworkers. Geez, all that irritation I went through over nothing Blush

I bought the Singapore Sling duo from TIS and I really like it! I'd like to bring it on, but I'll have to discuss that with the boss. Wink I currently use OPI GC and while it's nice, it'd be even nicer to pay less money per bottle, hehe. At least for the basics (reds, pinks, lights) since I notice that CV doesn't have "funky" colors. I dunno, I still gotta play with it and see.
Same messy problem with Gelish- Today I was cleaning up bottles annoyed @ the waste!!!
For the money, I think ibd is a good buy. I get mine from Beautywest unless I happen to be going into Houston to the Asian supply. They carry ibd and it's buy one, get one free. Still runs about $7 a bottle but then I'm stocking up on supplies so it makes the drive worth it.
"Fountains of Versailles" is a glittery teal that has been popular with my peeps.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
(06-20-2013, 12:02 AM)mysweetjordan Wrote: "Fountains of Versailles" is a glittery teal that has been popular with my peeps.

love that one for toes!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 10
Views: 9,555
02-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Last PostWendy1
Replies: 11
Views: 14,764
02-05-2015, 10:01 AM