You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where To Buy Swarovski Rhinestones
Where can I buy the real Swarovski rhinestones?
Michael's or any craft store.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
Online bead stores also sell them.
art beads: http://www.artbeads.com - free shipping on $10 orders I think
the best things in life, aren't things ...
I wouldn't think Michaels would have Swarovski - just poor quality Korean or Chinese rhinestone (basically glass). Although I am in NY and buy Swarovski wholesale direct usually, for online retailers I like dreamtimecreations.com or and beadandtrim.com I have found has the best prices for Preciosa in my experience.
Thank you, i will check those websites. Is there a way of knowing if your getting an imposter? If it says Swarovski on the package could it still be fake?
One more question, what sizes work best for the nails? There are so many different sizes, I'm getting confused. What should I be looking for when I'm looking for that super shine? Again it's confusing how everything is worded. Xilion Rose, AB, etc. Also the prices are sometimes listed and other times you must call for pricing. Sometimes the price is per stone. How much should I be paying for these?
Sorry I know that was more than one question.
Thanks again, Kelly*
(06-14-2013, 07:40 AM)stuka123 Wrote: Thank you, i will check those websites. Is there a way of knowing if your getting an imposter? If it says Swarovski on the package could it still be fake?
One more question, what sizes work best for the nails? There are so many different sizes, I'm getting confused. What should I be looking for when I'm looking for that super shine? Again it's confusing how everything is worded. Xilion Rose, AB, etc. Also the prices are sometimes listed and other times you must call for pricing. Sometimes the price is per stone. How much should I be paying for these?
Thanks again, Kelly*

Just buy from a reputable source ...I have been dealing w/Art Beads for years (I make jewelry & hair ornaments too). I don't currently use rhinestones for nails (headbands & barrettes!) but I would think the smaller sizes ...they come very tiny but have a big impact!

AB is for a certain finish I believe ...and I think Xilion Rose is the cut and they can run anywhere for 4 cents to 15 cents each depending on size & quantity ...HTH!
the best things in life, aren't things ...
(06-14-2013, 05:30 PM)loribe Wrote:
(06-14-2013, 07:40 AM)stuka123 Wrote: Thank you, i will check those websites. Is there a way of knowing if your getting an imposter? If it says Swarovski on the package could it still be fake?
Thanks again, Kelly*

Just buy from a reputable source ...I have been dealing w/Art Beads for years (I make jewelry & hair ornaments too). I don't currently use rhinestones for nails (headbands & barrettes!) but I would think the smaller sizes ...they come very tiny but have a big impact!

AB is for a certain finish I believe ...and I think Xilion Rose is the cut and they can run anywhere for 4 cents to 15 cents each depending on size & quantity ...HTH!

Artbeads.com has free shipping and good prices. So, they are a good place to order from and reputable as well.

Did you watch fingernailfixer 's vid on crystal toes? She uses Xilion cut which is a cone shaped cut that works well and shows sparkle well through the top coat. Varied sizes in SS5 and SS7 look good on nails. Larger if your just using a few and not covering the entire nail.

AB is the "aurora borealis" finish that is supposed to be iridescent finish. That is a personal choice in color.
If you go through an authorized dealer you should pretty much expect Swarovski whereas if you were buying from eBay from someone in China you might end up with something different. Also, if it is fake, you should know it, again if you don't have experience in knowing the difference, then it is a different story, but you should see the difference, and you can always take your pliers and try to crush them - glass rhinestones will crush, Swarovski or other Austrian crystals won't.

Yes, there are many different names. AB is Aurora Borealis coating which picks up different colors and light from it's surroundings. So Crystal AB will pick up pinks, yellow, and blues depending on its light, whereas Crystal will just be Diamond color. There are different backings too, such as foil or translucent, which is clear and will pick up the color which is underneath.

You can find a SS (stone size chart") on most websites that sell the stones. There aren't letting me post the link but just google "Swarovski stone size chart" and you will get some images. They are true to size. SS 20 is the normal size for stoning costumes and such so for nails I would think depending how flashy and you want to be you need to stay at SS12 and smaller.
We usually stick around SS5 or 7
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Actually I did watch FingerNailFixers video on crystal toes and I went to the site that she recomended and gets her crystals from (http://www.swarovski-elements.com/business)
I tried to register but got an email that I was denied. I don't know why, but that's when I thought I may not be able to buy real crystals without a certain type of license.
But thank you to everyone that responded, I have a better understanding now about the crystals and lots if new tips for purchasing them. Thank you again!!!
Please tell me where I can find Hollys video. Thanks so much.Teresa
Teresa
May you find the strength to face tomorrow.. in the love that surrounds you today!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiCGdyz5xeI
(06-14-2013, 12:18 AM)colorfulribbons Wrote: I wouldn't think Michaels would have Swarovski - just poor quality Korean or Chinese rhinestone (basically glass). Although I am in NY and buy Swarovski wholesale direct usually, for online retailers I like dreamtimecreations.com or and beadandtrim.com I have found has the best prices for Preciosa in my experience.

Yeah, they actually do have them - ad least where I live they do. I only purchase them there. Now that all the ladies are sharing other places to purchase online, I think I'll venture out! :-)

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 3,781
12-02-2014, 12:26 AM
Last Postjluper7297