You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightest e-file handpiece?
I currently have a Medicool ProPower 30K, which I love, and I use it for both nails and pedis. I'm moving into a new building, and my pedi station won't be as close to my nail station. I think I'm going to move my Medicool to my pedi station, and get a new e-file to do nails.

As much as I love my current Medicool, I would like to find one with a lighter handpiece! Also looking at an Erica or the Young Nails e-files as well.

Any thoughts? I should probably just email both and see if I can get a weight on the handpieces.
I think the Kupa KP-36 was the lightest at one point, may be something different now.
I have the EriCA and dont find it comfortable although a great drill. The young nails drill is my dream drill....someday.
(06-10-2013, 12:49 AM)jennie Wrote: I have the EriCA and dont find it comfortable although a great drill. The young nails drill is my dream drill....someday.

I've heard that before about the Erica. Have you had the chance to try the Young Nails?
The Young Nails hand pieces is heavier than the Kupa one. It's around 6 ounces and is pretty small and easy to use. I still prefer the KP-36 that goes with the Kupa Mani-Pro Supermax. I've been trying to buy one but they are always sold out.
(06-10-2013, 11:39 PM)Melissa82 Wrote: The Young Nails hand pieces is heavier than the Kupa one. It's around 6 ounces and is pretty small and easy to use. I still prefer the KP-36 that goes with the Kupa Mani-Pro Supermax. I've been trying to buy one but they are always sold out.

The YN99 is made by Kupa and uses the KP36 hand piece.

(06-11-2013, 09:56 AM)gelpro Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 11:39 PM)Melissa82 Wrote: The Young Nails hand pieces is heavier than the Kupa one. It's around 6 ounces and is pretty small and easy to use. I still prefer the KP-36 that goes with the Kupa Mani-Pro Supermax. I've been trying to buy one but they are always sold out.

Really? The Kupa website lists the KP36 hand piece as weighing only 5.0 oz. If that is the same one as the YN99, I would be all over it! I did email YN and ask about the weight, but they haven't answered back yet.
(06-11-2013, 09:56 AM)gelpro Wrote:

I may have got the handpiece # mixed up but I did contact Kupa and YN. YN's hand piece was heavier than the Mani-Pro Supermax handpiece. And YN first told me their handpiece was 2oz, which is not true. I have a thread on here somewhere with that info.

Quote:I may have got the handpiece # mixed up but I did contact Kupa and YN. YN's hand piece was heavier than the Mani-Pro Supermax handpiece. And YN first told me their handpiece was 2oz, which is not true. I have a thread on here somewhere with that info.

I found the thread. I'm really leaning towards the Supermax, but now I'm having trouble finding it. Also starting to grow annoyed with YN, seems like they never answer my questions like they used to.
(06-11-2013, 09:06 PM)*pixie* Wrote:
Quote:I may have got the handpiece # mixed up but I did contact Kupa and YN. YN's hand piece was heavier than the Mani-Pro Supermax handpiece. And YN first told me their handpiece was 2oz, which is not true. I have a thread on here somewhere with that info.

I found the thread. I'm really leaning towards the Supermax, but now I'm having trouble finding it. Also starting to grow annoyed with YN, seems like they never answer my questions like they used to.

Give YN a call. You will get an answer. Ask for Raymond.
Ive tried the YN efile at a class and it was amazing. But for that kind of $ it better be. It will be my next efile
I emailed Medicool, and the hand piece I have now weighs 7 oz. Their lightest is with the ProPower 20K, and its only 4 oz. I think I've eliminated the YN efile, sounds like its not much lighter than the one I have now, plus I haven't heard back from them. The ProPower 20K is rechargeable, not corded, which kind of scares me. I wish I was able to "test drive" them, lol.
I've been looking at the Medicool 20k as well. Did you make any choices yet?
(06-23-2013, 03:18 PM)Melissa82 Wrote: I've been looking at the Medicool 20k as well. Did you make any choices yet?

I ended up ordering the YN, which should be here next week. I didn't like that the Medicool 20K was designed to be portable, the YN one just looked more "sturdy" to me. I also couldn't find many reviews on the 20K. I figure if after using the YN the hand piece feels heavy (although it is lighter than one I currently have), I can always try and get the KP-36 and switch them out. I guess that was another deciding factor, that you can switch out hand pieces on the YN. I don't think you can do that with the Medicool.

Really hoping I made the right choice!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 2,013
04-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Last PostMelissa82
Replies: 4
Views: 3,076