You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
nailite vs akzentz gels
I've been seriously considering switching to akzentz gel, I have a sample of trilite & love it, the only thing holding me back is the price, you get a lot less & pay a lot more compared to what I use (young nails & light elegance). well....recently I've heard that nailites hard gel is awesome, and it's cheap! I've heard they both adhere well with no lifting, that's all I know about nailite. Akzentz seems awesome b/c you have less filing..which would save time. anyone have anymore input on these 2 gel lines? thanks in advanceSmile
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
Hi Cindee! The best thing is to try and decide what really works for how you work. How long your clients can go between services without issues, etc. There is no one that can tell you which will work best for YOU. I personally don't EVER use trilite though, its FAR too runny for me. I LOVE the Natural formula from Akzentz - and there isnt another gel in the industry like it. Smile
Jessica Hoel
Nail Professional
Akzentz Distributor & Educator
http://www.luvnailz.com
I recently switched from Light Elegance to Nailite and I absolutely love it, not just the price, but how well it works and lasts, clients are loving it too.
~ITS ALL FUN AND GAMES TILL SOMEONE BREAKS A NAIL~
Thanks so much for your input girlsSmile we all have those clients that goes weeks before they come in!! Need something that really lastsSmile
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
I prefer Akzentz Natural formula also, its what got me hooked on Akzentz 8 years ago and since then my business has been booming. Akzentz really is a remarkable product line, there is every gel you could possible want and Akzentz Luxio is another favorite of mine. Luxio gloss is awesome.

Another thing I love about Akzentz is the packaging, it is very high-end and classy looking. Clients notice!
Gina Silvestro
Akzentz Distributor/Educator
http://www.GelEssentialz.com
Akzentz Online Store
I am liking Akzentz Natural and Nailite Stylus ...Nailite is MUCH cheaper & I can't say I like one better than the other - but if presentation matters, Akzentz is a very professional looking package while Nailite looks 'home' packaged ...but packaging doesn't make a better product - it's all in the perception
the best things in life, aren't things ...
Loribe-
I saw you have a few different brands of gel on a few fingers from another post- put up a picture of them :-) all
(06-10-2013, 09:32 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Loribe-
I saw you have a few different brands of gel on a few fingers from another post- put up a picture of them :-) all

I'll try when I get some time - my nails are just simple overlays on my natural nail, not scultped at all ...they pretty much all 'look' the same - maybe tonight
here's the pic you asked for ct
I repaired the 2 LCN nails using Stylus & Akzentz - not much to see - just simple overlays, not slculpted - but happy to oblige!

[Image: 4d97a8ea-9094-42ac-832b-590d9dbc735e.jpg]
Thanks- great way to sample different brands @ once!
Just a question about nailite , I tried it and with their something wonderful primer, but had problems lifting, could you tell me your steps in nailite and with styus or extra hard.

thanks I love the price of nailite, but I used a different primer
Barb
Personal Pampering Esthetics
Smiths Falls, On Canada
DoTERRA Wellness Advocate
http://www.mydoterra.com/barbw
http://www.personalpamperingesthetics.com
Lifting at the cuticle is usually lack of prep ...did you clean up the cuticle area well? Any residual cuticle can cause lifting. Also - this is a biggie - any over lap of product - even a tiny bit - onto the skin such touching side walls or pooling at the cuticle can/will cause product to lift. I have not had any lifting since I learned to perfect these issues.
I do occasionally get free edge 'lifting' or separation as I think it is more commonly referred to (I am getting very little now as I prefect my skills). Not sure where your 'lifting' is ...I am assuming at the cuticle or sidewall since you referred to it as lifting. "Something Wonderful" is a great bonder (not a primer) and many folks here love it. Make sure you are capping the free edge, not letting any product touch the skin and clean up the cuticle impeccably. Also ...some nails need a good dehydration first, before you apply any product. And be sure that no oils or lotions are lingering before applying product ...good prep all around will make all the difference. This applies to all products really ...
thank ladies & I like your nail demo LoribeSmile I did order small jars of akzentz & I love it! It hasn't been long enough to see how it holds up but it's almost too easy to apply! the natural is definitely easy & awesome!!! the nailite company was very nice and they are sending me samples, so I'll try it too & see how they both hold up, but I can't imagine anything going on like the akzentz naturalSmile thanks again for everyone's inputSmile
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
since this thread started, I just have to jump back in and say ...of the overlay manicure I did on myself (in the pics) ...all the Nailite nails needed touching up before the Akzentz nails: the Nailite Stylus need repairs at 7 & 8 days - all 4 of them. None of the Akzentz and none of the Brisa Light needed repairs ...the Brisa Light for me wins hands down - but for a 'hard' gel, at this point, Akzentz seems the winner in my book. I do appreciate the packaging as several have stated earlier in the post - clients DO notice ...with Nailite I feel I have to keep the container hidden out of site.
NOW (due to other business ventures in my life), I will say that I certainly understand the cost of packaging ...packaging can & does cost more than the product itself ...but packaging is what is in your face & sets the first impression. If you can transfer Nailite into a nice container ... so the plastic/paper package is not what clients see ...that might work. In Nailite's defense, to upgrade their package would more than double their price ...this I know from my manufacturing experience - they have found their market.
I think for me ...I like a pretty package on my table , as that is what my clients see. But, Akzentz wore better on my nails & my nails are the worst in the biz for holding gel - or anything ....Brisa Light for a soft removable gel & Akzentz for a hard gel: these both wore great for me - and price is comparable on these two products - both nicely packaged. I have spent a ton trying different products cuz I know if it wears on me , it wears on anyone. Some say most products are comparable ...maybe on strong healthy nails but not on nails like mine ...that's my 2 centz!Tongue I finally have longish beautiful nails! And they got me 2 new mani clients this week!
Oh thanks so much Loribe for your feedback! That's awesome & good to knowSmile I haven't received the nailite samples yet so I can't really give it my fair opinion, & I'll know in a couple weeks how the akzents held upSmile thanks again for your input Smile
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
Are you using Brisa Lite sculpting? I tried it and liked it but got a lot of lifting. I did a thorough cuticle clean up. Scrubbed twice with Swipe, applied Protein Bond and scrubbed base coat into nail. I used it as an overlay as well but keep mt nails pretty long. That's the only reason I can think of for all the lifting I got.

What are your steps for applying it?

(06-21-2013, 08:33 PM)loribe Wrote: since this thread started, I just have to jump back in and say ...of the overlay manicure I did on myself (in the pics) ...all the Nailite nails needed touching up before the Akzentz nails: the Nailite Stylus need repairs at 7 & 8 days - all 4 of them. None of the Akzentz and none of the Brisa Light needed repairs ...the Brisa Light for me wins hands down - but for a 'hard' gel, at this point, Akzentz seems the winner in my book. I do appreciate the packaging as several have stated earlier in the post - clients DO notice ...with Nailite I feel I have to keep the container hidden out of site.
NOW (due to other business ventures in my life), I will say that I certainly understand the cost of packaging ...packaging can & does cost more than the product itself ...but packaging is what is in your face & sets the first impression. If you can transfer Nailite into a nice container ... so the plastic/paper package is not what clients see ...that might work. In Nailite's defense, to upgrade their package would more than double their price ...this I know from my manufacturing experience - they have found their market.
I think for me ...I like a pretty package on my table , as that is what my clients see. But, Akzentz wore better on my nails & my nails are the worst in the biz for holding gel - or anything ....Brisa Light for a soft removable gel & Akzentz for a hard gel: these both wore great for me - and price is comparable on these two products - both nicely packaged. I have spent a ton trying different products cuz I know if it wears on me , it wears on anyone. Some say most products are comparable ...maybe on strong healthy nails but not on nails like mine ...that's my 2 centz!Tongue I finally have longish beautiful nails! And they got me 2 new mani clients this week!

----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist
(06-22-2013, 08:02 AM)scotch tape and rhinestones Wrote: Are you using Brisa Lite sculpting? I tried it and liked it but got a lot of lifting. I did a thorough cuticle clean up. Scrubbed twice with Swipe, applied Protein Bond and scrubbed base coat into nail. I used it as an overlay as well but keep mt nails pretty long. That's the only reason I can think of for all the lifting I got.

What are your steps for applying it?

...just the standard ap ...cleanup cuticles real good, dehydrate... did you use the Brisa Light base coat? I would not think the fact that your nails are longer would affect lifting (double check that you are not inadvertently touching the skin along the cuticle or sidewall) ...maybe free edge separation but not sure it would really matter either. I'm not a nail tech - I'm a cosmetologist who happens to do gel polish & gel overlay. And I haven't been doing the gel for very long. If someone else wants to jump in - feel free. I don't really feel qualified to give advice at this point - probably already given more than I should ...I'm really just stating what my experience has been with the gels I have worked with so far.
I use both the Smoothing & the Sculpting - the Sculpting probably more as I feel it's stronger for my nails; I have no trouble with either. It works great for my flimsy nails - lets me keep them a nice length (but not real long ...I wear them the length shown in the pic above). I do use a little protein bond on my tips/free edge but not the whole nail ...wish I could be more help
Bumping this thread up
Any feedback on products discussed?
Thanks friends :-)
Brisa Lite is a soak off base gel. Akzentz Natural is a hard classic gel. Some clients do better with more flex, Akzentz Options gel is the flexible soak off version. Been around many years Smile
Jessica Hoel
Nail Professional
Akzentz Distributor & Educator
http://www.luvnailz.com
Thanks - what's more popular Options or the classic line? I have used Nailite hard gel & it was fine -I also really like LE & Masterworks- I'm very interested in Akzents line. Too many gels - Not enough fingers- Lol! I need to watch salon budget but offer a professional & reputable product.... I don't want to just shop prices but it matters.

***Do you Nail Techs offer one line exclusively or just carry what's avail or what's on sale or choose by a color you see or like?? How do you choose what to work with :-)
I can't find one whole system I like! I've tried but it seems like each gel line has something others don't, I'd love to use one system lol! So far I've been using Akzentz & it's so easy, lie applying cream, not stringy at all! Haven't tried nailite yet...I got your emailSmile will respond to you soonSmile
Oh...options can be cured in an led lamp (they are slowly discontinuing the ones that aren't ) & are soak able, color & glitter gels . The classic line is your fill in, builder & sculpting gels, they cure in a uv lamp Smile
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
Thanks- I'm crazy over this... the price difference is incredible--Nailite is like $14 for a 1 oz size vs 1 oz of LE for $35 & Akzents 1.6 oz for $62 -- ugh!! I really like LE so far & Nailite I've used a few times & was fine- I have a set of Luxio that I love- and heard that the Classic & Options is the easiest to use & there's no other gel like it-- but not sure why? So I'm intrigued to try it!!!
:-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 17
Views: 11,551
06-05-2017, 02:01 AM
Last Postcosmobeauty
Replies: 4
Views: 1,393