You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPI Gel Polish
Smile 
Ladies~ I need your help. I am using OPI Gel polish and some of my clients (including myself) It typically stays on for 3 weeks, with no problems. Then I have had a few clients that call me after 3 days and convey it is chipping off. To say the least, I am frustraed! Are using a wet or dry manicure? and roughing up the nail? Thanks Denise
(05-19-2013, 07:20 PM)twotall2hide Wrote: Ladies~ I need your help. I am using OPI Gel polish and some of my clients (including myself) It typically stays on for 3 weeks, with no problems. Then I have had a few clients that call me after 3 days and convey it is chipping off. To say the least, I am frustraed! Are using a wet or dry manicure? and roughing up the nail? Thanks Denise

This has been happening to me as well. I've always used Blue Cross and hardly have a problem. Could be something the client is doing, or not doing. I've come to the conclusion that the nails are dry. They're not meeting me halfway and oiling their nails like I repeat on broken record to them Tongue therefore the product is not applied on a nail with the recommended conditions. I hope that helps.
(05-19-2013, 08:03 PM)jupiter583 Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 07:20 PM)twotall2hide Wrote: Ladies~ I need your help. I am using OPI Gel polish and some of my clients (including myself) It typically stays on for 3 weeks, with no problems. Then I have had a few clients that call me after 3 days and convey it is chipping off. To say the least, I am frustraed! Are using a wet or dry manicure? and roughing up the nail? Thanks Denise

This has been happening to me as well. I've always used Blue Cross and hardly have a problem. Could be something the client is doing, or not doing. I've come to the conclusion that the nails are dry. They're not meeting me halfway and oiling their nails like I repeat on broken record to them Tongue therefore the product is not applied on a nail with the recommended conditions. I hope that helps.

I also use Blue Cross, I have some clients it stays on forever. Are you soaking the nails in a warm water soak? I am also using a dehydrant. Have you tried any of the other Gels?

I think some people just wear it better than others ...there will always be a few for whom the product is not as compatible ...
the best things in life, aren't things ...
No, no soaking, just bc. And yes, I was using Bond-Aid just like they recommended. Now I'm using CND's Scrub Fresh and so far so good. I'm also using a nylon bristled brush to "dust" the nails of any little particles.
Never liked Gel Color personally....
We do experience this problem with ALL gel polish brands. Some people just wear it better than others... For a lot of people, dehydrating or buffing isn't even necessary. However, for those that do have trouble with the durability, the only thing that you can really try is buffing it and then using a product like CND Scrubfresh to clean it.
I have to use primer for gp to last more than a day, on me. I've gotten the habit of just using it for all my clients too.