You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's included in the price of your gel mani ?
I'm wondering ...do you work the cost of soaking off the gel at the next service, into the price of the gel mani or do you price that Ala cart? Do you charge extra for a French style?
I was also considering giving each client the small size(.125 oz) of Solar oil with their service but would need to add a couple bucks to my price to do that ...do you think it would be worth it or should I simply offer it at an added cost and let them decide if they want to spend the extra $2-3 ? I just really worry that most women do not get any cuticle oil or take the time ...IDK
the best things in life, aren't things ...
The soak off is is ala cart for me and I do charge more for french.... "freebies" (or not so much lol) are great however the solor oil may not be the way to go only because one bottle will last a long time. A customer won't need another bottle by their next trip so it wouldn't be fair to keep charging them a higher price to get something that they already have. I'm not sure how many gel clients you have or your cost but have you considered taking the loss and maybe offering it as a one-time client thank you for your new gel clients? It would be a great little thing to make you stand out from the other gel manicurists they have gone to in the past and they will probably tell someone else about the service too.
I actually had thought of that too ...just offering it as a free gift w/o increasing the price - for their first gel mani. Being only 1/8 of an ounce, I wasn't sure how long that little bottle would last. I could do the first bottle free with their first gel mani then when they need another, simply sell it to them. I really didn't want to increase my price ...that would put me over the competition. I don't have a ton of gel mani-s (yet??) ...I do more hair than nails but am trying to increase my manicure service clients. Thanks so much for responding!
My removal is worked in to the price. But I had to add, that if your client is using oil twice a day, that 1/8 oz bottle should only last 2 weeks Wink

(05-15-2013, 10:11 PM)jb100680 Wrote: ... I had to add, that if your client is using oil twice a day, that 1/8 oz bottle should only last 2 weeks Wink

Thanks Jess! I wondered how long that little bottle would last!
My price includes soak off. I've also stopped giving away Solar Oil with my services as I find they don't use it unless they pay for it (that whole thing about people not valuing what they don't pay for).
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
My clients get a complete mani, including removal....I do charge extra for French.
Angela
Angel
I didn't realize how many techs include removal with a gel mani. Do you guys file or soak? How long is your service?
----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist
We will sell gel polish as an add-on to regular mani services, rather than making it it's own manicure service, and charge a nominal fee for removal unless you are getting another gel-add on. So if you go from gel to regular polish you will pay the removal fee, but if you are going gel to gel, no removal fee. This seems to be pretty standard in my area.
My gel mani service includes removal (I file off), but french or any kind of art is extra. I give all enhancement clients their first bottle of Rose Oil (5.95 value, from Young Nails) free, and tell them I'm giving it to them for free to prove to them that I'm not just trying to sell oil, but because I really want them to use it, then I explain the structure of the nails, how water affects them (like a sponge) and how cuticle oil benefits THEM. I have a pretty high percentage of clients who DO use their oil because of my approach. I don't add the cost of the oil to the service directly, but my service costs are calculated using a 4% allotment (of all services) that I budget for client retention marketing, so it's covered by that.

I book 50 minutes for a gel mani, but I'm usually done in 40, or even a little less sometimes.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I am amazed how fast some of you are. I can get soaking and reapp w/ full mani ( hand massage, cuticles, trim,reshape nails) , in an hour , hour 15, ....Anyway, gel mani is straight $ 30...includes soaking if needed.
I used to book 1.25 hrs for a gel mani - I think I actually may have started at 90 minutes when I was soaking off OPI axxium, so glad when I got to throw those in the trash! Eventually I moved to 60 minutes, then last Fall down to 50 minutes, which still allows time for art if the client wants it, plus checkout cleaning and setting up for the next service.

A few things that contribute to speed:
1) Muscle memory - the more you do something, the faster you get because you don't have to think about the steps so much and your body knows what to do!
2) I use two UV lights, so I'm almost never waiting on curing
3) I file off, which is WAY faster than even the fastest soak off system - especially since I apply PB to the whole nail to eliminate chipping, plus two layers of base coat. This gives added strength as well as a buffer zone for filing off so that I don't hit the natural nail with my sharp bit.
4) Set up trays with all the implements and supplies I use for a service - I have enough trays to get me through a whole day, sometimes two
5) Product baskets - slim baskets that I have set up according to the service. My gel polish basket holds protein bond, dehydrator, base coats, top coats and a pump bottle with cleanser. All I have to do to set up is lay out the towel, tip sample bowl goes on that, then my e-file, set-up tray and product basket. Takes maybe 20 seconds to set up and I can do it without thinking even if I have a client talking to me.
6) Start clearing your table while you are still doing the service.
a) After I e-file off the old product and scrub the nails clean, while I'm waiting for them to dry I then remove & toss the sanding band and disconnect my e-file and set it on another surface, so it's off my table.
b) Then I go through the service, when I am applying the top coat I ask which scrub they want, so while the top coat is curing I get the scrub ready (on a waxing stick, which I then set on the tray), put cleanser on a wipe (to be used for the tacky layer) and put away my product basket.
c) I use the wipe to cleanse the nails, file to shape, then put scrub on the clients palm, spritz it with water. While the client is applying scrub I clear up the client tray - throwing away disposables, putting implements in the "soiled" box, and put the tray in the stack to be washed and re-set.
d) By this time the client is ready for a towel from the warmer to rinse their hands - by the time they are done with that I have put my table cleaner and a paper towel on the side of my table and have my phone in hand ready to do check-out and re-booking.
e) At this point all that is on my table is the dirty towels and uv lights - putting the towels in the bins, cleaning the table and the lights and re-setting the table takes maybe 90 seconds.

That may seem a little OCD, but I find that if you create a system/procedure and use it, everything goes on autopilot!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
(05-19-2013, 04:13 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: I used to book 1.25 hrs for a gel mani - I think I actually may have started at 90 minutes when I was soaking off OPI axxium, so glad when I got to throw those in the trash! Eventually I moved to 60 minutes, then last Fall down to 50 minutes, which still allows time for art if the client wants it, plus checkout cleaning and setting up for the next service.

A few things that contribute to speed:
1) Muscle memory - the more you do something, the faster you get because you don't have to think about the steps so much and your body knows what to do!
2) I use two UV lights, so I'm almost never waiting on curing
3) I file off, which is WAY faster than even the fastest soak off system - especially since I apply PB to the whole nail to eliminate chipping, plus two layers of base coat. This gives added strength as well as a buffer zone for filing off so that I don't hit the natural nail with my sharp bit.
4) Set up trays with all the implements and supplies I use for a service - I have enough trays to get me through a whole day, sometimes two
5) Product baskets - slim baskets that I have set up according to the service. My gel polish basket holds protein bond, dehydrator, base coats, top coats and a pump bottle with cleanser. All I have to do to set up is lay out the towel, tip sample bowl goes on that, then my e-file, set-up tray and product basket. Takes maybe 20 seconds to set up and I can do it without thinking even if I have a client talking to me.
6) Start clearing your table while you are still doing the service.
a) After I e-file off the old product and scrub the nails clean, while I'm waiting for them to dry I then remove & toss the sanding band and disconnect my e-file and set it on another surface, so it's off my table.
b) Then I go through the service, when I am applying the top coat I ask which scrub they want, so while the top coat is curing I get the scrub ready (on a waxing stick, which I then set on the tray), put cleanser on a wipe (to be used for the tacky layer) and put away my product basket.
c) I use the wipe to cleanse the nails, file to shape, then put scrub on the clients palm, spritz it with water. While the client is applying scrub I clear up the client tray - throwing away disposables, putting implements in the "soiled" box, and put the tray in the stack to be washed and re-set.
d) By this time the client is ready for a towel from the warmer to rinse their hands - by the time they are done with that I have put my table cleaner and a paper towel on the side of my table and have my phone in hand ready to do check-out and re-booking.
e) At this point all that is on my table is the dirty towels and uv lights - putting the towels in the bins, cleaning the table and the lights and re-setting the table takes maybe 90 seconds.

That may seem a little OCD, but I find that if you create a system/procedure and use it, everything goes on autopilot!

Candice, I use the Axxium SOG for toes, and I thought it was hard to get of because clients would wear it for 6 -7 weeks. When Cosmo Prof marked them down, I stocked up. I'm so sad to hear this is difficult to remove from the hands as well. I'm glad I use a good SOG polish line. Thanks for the great tips, as always!! You Rock!! ;-)

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,386
11-04-2015, 12:20 AM
Last Postshawnesedavis