You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you do your own nails?
Curious - do you do your own nails regularly or do you visit a colleague? Can you do your own nails as well as you can do another person?
the best things in life, aren't things ...
I do my own, tho I wouldn't say I do them *regularly*. I'd LIKE to do them more often but when i've been doing nails all day, it's really hard for me to find the time/desire to work another couple of hrs. on myself....
I do my own every week and a half. I've been doing my own for so long they turn out just as good as when I do them on someone else. It just takes longer to do your own, so I do them while watching tv.
I do my own nails and have since the start of nail school 5+ years ago. while everyone else tells me how good my nails look I am still never 100% happy with them. also it takes me longer to do own and for that reason I've been know to go 6-8 week before I do them again.
"I belive in karma...so i'm not worried."
Ive always done my own since I went to nail school almost 12 years ago. I believe If I can do my own, I can do anyones. I would love to let someone else do my nails but I genuinly dont think anyone locally would meet my standards. Ahh but the sheer thought of relaxing for an hour would be great.
(04-28-2013, 10:48 PM)jennie Wrote: Ive always done my own since I went to nail school almost 12 ...Ahh but the sheer thought of relaxing for an hour would be great.

treat yourself to a pedi then! that's relaxing
the best things in life, aren't things ...
I do my own as well. Always have. Occasionally I go see a colleague, but I always go home and tweak them slightly again!
I rather do my own...I think why am I spending money when I can do them myself and have all the supplies I need right in my home based salon. I save on gas and money, and a tip
I don't do my own feet unless it's like a really dire situation. I do usually do my own fingers, but all that involves is filing off all of the free edge, and sometimes doing cuticles. I do massage therapy as well so I don't even wear polish on my fingers.
I do my own nails most of the time. Having a pedicure by someone else though, is and always will be one of my little luxuries. Smile
Always do my own... I am way too particular to have anyone else do them. I am also fortunate to have great natural nails that are very strong and grow like weeds so all they need is a file and polish. I have always been very good at doing my own which is why I decided to get my license 10 years ago.
I have always done my own nails as well, money was tight for us with 3 little kids so paying for them wasn't an option. I now run my own business and still wouldn't go to anyone, way too picky I think. I do find that when I do wild colours, designs and such I get so much attention. One solid colour doesn't get me any attention.
aj
I do my own nails all the time. Occasionally I let a colleague do them for practice but I always re-file them and add stuff. I can't help it, I have very high standards for myself and if my nails aren't at that standard then people won't see that. Plus I thoroughly enjoy. I get to sit back watch some tele and have at it =)
I do my own and even thou it takes me longer to do them I would say they turn out great, on both hands. That's when I try new nail art designs, techniques, new products, I always try, test on me first. I also have the Nail Trainer hand to practice on. The more I practice the better I get.
I have extremely short nail beds that are square. Sometimes no matter what I do, I think some of them could look better. There is no way I would put someone thru the process, besides, I'm too picky. They may not be the best looking, but they look better than someone else doing them.
Always be kind....you get farther.