You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you work Sundays?
Assuming no one is working today since it's Easter, but do you work Sundays normally? If not, and you work at a salon, are they open on Sunday?
I work at a full service salon and they are open 7 days a week. I'm their first nails only employee working Friday's and Saturday's only but the girls were saying it would be good for me to work on Sundays because they have a lot of walk-in's from the downtown pedestrian traffic.
I work at a day spa part time and run my own mobile business. The day spa is open and I will take parties on Sundays. However, as a Mom I try to save some Sundays for the family. I have always had a hard time choosing between work (especially when money is tight) and the family. However, I work with several people at the day spa who work both and love the money they make on the weekends.
We work 7 days 9-730
Monique_AL
I work at a spa that is open 7 days a week. I don't work weekends. That's my time with my family.
I work at a full service day spa and we are open Monday - Saturday. I only work Monday - Friday. I just don't have the request on Sat. Most of my clients are during the day.
Get Nailed at JB Salon & Day Spa
The salon I work at is open seven days a week and I work Saturday and Sunday both. I make the majority of my income on those two days.
I own my own shop so I never will Sunday... Church and family
My Sundays are by appointment only..i decide then if I want to take appointment or not....I usually do
(04-23-2013, 09:40 AM)Msn2nails Wrote: My Sundays are by appointment only..i decide then if I want to take appointment or not....I usually do

Same as! As I am just starting my nail business I don't want to turn clients away and if that is really the only day they can do then so be it!
Jackie
What matters is where you finish - the tallest oak in the forest was once a little nut that held it's ground!
(03-31-2013, 08:02 PM)Monique_Al Wrote: We work 7 days 9-730

I hope everybody doesn't work that schedule! No body should work 7, 10.5 hours days a week ...take a day off! Take time for your life too.
the best things in life, aren't things ...
(04-23-2013, 08:05 PM)loribe Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 08:02 PM)Monique_Al Wrote: We work 7 days 9-730

I hope everybody doesn't work that schedule! No body should work 7, 10.5 hours days a week ...take a day off! Take time for your life too.

yes they do I have a day off bc I drive 1hr 30 mins to work and they have a 7 year son who can not do anything bc they are so money hungery, I feel so bad for him
Monique_AL
I hope you can find a better set-up for yoursef Monique ...sounds very tough - sending good thoughts your way
I used to work Tue-Sat, but Saturday's are not a very popular day, so I went to just Tue-Fri last year around this time. The salon where I booth rented for a year is open Tue-Sat, but Saturday isn't very popular there either. We have a lot of retired people in the area.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
While I'm not a nail tech ...I'm finding Saturday is not my biggest day either ...I guess it depends on the venue, I don't do a lot of kids & I have 3 weekdays open until 6 pm to give people a chance to get in after work - I have 'set' hours Tues - Fri; Sat. is 'by chance'. I have a small private salon ...but I have worked in salons that their biggest day was Saturday