You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who's happy with LED?( Gelish 18G )
So I'm thinking of getting the Gelish 18G LED lamp ...those of you who are using LED, have you been happy with it? I would especially like to hear from those with this particular lamp. From what I have been reading & can glean ...this lamp has about the best feedback. Thanks for the input!
the best things in life, aren't things ...
LED changed my life. loveeee it.
so is definately a god investment then!?
I don't have that lamp specifically but led is AMAZING. It is so fast sometimes I'm worried the timer is broken. And the bulbs last soooo much longer than UV. Also, it puts some of those worry wart client at ease knowing their are no harmful UV rays. Yay for LED!
I have off brand LED lamp for Gelish & it's great
(04-22-2013, 02:11 PM)CluuryMcFluury Wrote: I don't have that lamp specifically but led is AMAZING. It is so fast sometimes I'm worried the timer is broken. And the bulbs last soooo much longer than UV. Also, it puts some of those worry wart client at ease knowing their are no harmful UV rays. Yay for LED!

I love my LED lamps - have both the Gelish 18G and the OPI GelColor LED - and they are an excellent investment, not just for the time savings, but also because the cost over time is less, the output is consistent over the life of the bulbs and they are more ecologically friendly than CFL UV lamps which contain mercury.

But it is important to acknowledge to clients that the rays from your LED lamp are UV rays, same as with your UV lamp. We really should call the old UV lamps CLF UV lamps - Compact Fluorescent Lights and the newer ones LED UV lamps, but they are all UV lamps and emit UV rays which are not harmful at this level.
[/quote]
I love my LED lamps - have both the Gelish 18G and the OPI GelColor LED - and they are an excellent investment, not just for the time savings, but also because the cost over time is less, the output is consistent over the life of the bulbs and they are more ecologically friendly than CFL UV lamps which contain mercury.

But it is important to acknowledge to clients that the rays from your LED lamp are UV rays, same as with your UV lamp. We really should call the old UV lamps CLF UV lamps - Compact Fluorescent Lights and the newer ones LED UV lamps, but they are all UV lamps and emit UV rays which are not harmful at this level.
[/quote]

Thank you for the breakdown on that, very good to know. LEDs are still amazing =)

Quote:But it is important to acknowledge to clients that the rays from your LED lamp are UV rays, same as with your UV lamp. We really should call the old UV lamps CLF UV lamps - Compact Fluorescent Lights and the newer ones LED UV lamps, but they are all UV lamps and emit UV rays which are not harmful at this level.
Very good info indeed!
I actually just read an interesting article on the subject of the UV from both sources as this is a concern for many people, here is an excerpt: The researchers concluded that over 13,000 sessions with a UV lamp or over 40,000 sessions with an LED lamp would equal the UV dose received during one single treatment of phototherapy, which is a medical use of UV light to treat conditions like psoriasis. One single treatment of phototherapy has a very low risk of skin cancer.

and here is the link for the entire article if anyone is interested:
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/08/...nail-salon

seems both light sources are very low risk - the LED being extremely low ...but even the CFL UV would allow for a weekly session for over 200 years before reaching the level of exposure for 1 medical phototherapy session...according to this research anyway
LED being more ecologically friendly is a good point too, CluuryMc!
What's the NAIL SIPPING SYSTEM? It's in that article?

Should that have said Dip?
Yes I would have to assume that was supposed to say dipping system

and I will tell you I cant say if the article was recorded in a phone or face to face interview or an email interview.. in either case I see MANY other issues with this article:

<<Usually we have to wrap it in a foil, and you have to give it enough time to sit. The gel polish will separate from the nail bed using an orangewood stick. >>

Separate from the nail BED ???? cripes I hope thats not whats happening at that girls salon!

Then the whole paragraph about the "sipping" system is just.. bad... a dipping system is actually very easy to apply, it is absolutely not a new system, I want to know what is an "acrylic hardener", "doesn't involved drilling or filing" is another excuse me???.

So the problem is the wording.. and there could be more issues with this article above from the Dr. Too many people take these articles as gospel without doing their own common sense thinking or research. The base of this article is actually not bad.. it is telling consumers that the UV & LED lamps are safe.. thanks.. but geeze I wish someone in the industry could prrof the article (positive or negative) for accuracy!
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

well ...like I keep saying, I'm not a nail pro ... I'm a stylist who does a few mani-s and was thinking of adding LED ...my main concern was the UV thing so I was glad to read that part, assuming that research is correct ...considering the shoddiness of the rest of the article ...you guys are way ahead of me on all the technical stuff
I like the OPI better just got one from Armstrong on sale for 200.00 so now I have 2 . I have the Gelish but never use it any more think I will take it home
(04-22-2013, 04:54 PM)[email protected] Wrote: I have off brand LED lamp for Gelish & it's great

Can you tell us which brand LED you are currently using? And where did you purchase it?

Thanks.
Does anyone use the Gelish Mini Pro LED from Sally's? I have it and not sure if is curing properly the LED hard gel. Feedback please.
Thanks.
Does anyone use the Gelish Mini Pro LED from Sally's? I have it and not sure if is curing properly the LED hard gel. Feedback please.
Thanks.
(04-22-2013, 04:54 PM)[email protected] Wrote: I have off brand LED lamp for Gelish & it's great

Can you tell us which brand LED you are currently using? And where did you purchase it?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Be as creative as you can be and you will never be ordinary!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,284
02-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Last Postlz43my
Replies: 4
Views: 2,326
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM