You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retention+ vs. Perfect Color
Can anyone explain the difference? I am currently using CND Perfect color and I am curious if it is worth the investment to try CND Retention + powder.
I live in my own little world, but its okay they know me here Wink
I know that there are more colours available in the perfect color range. Retention + do no currently have the opaque powders for camoflage.
I know people easily make opaque cover powders by mixing the retention powders with some of the CND additives.
(04-15-2013, 02:29 AM)Melissa82 Wrote: I know people easily make opaque cover powders by mixing the retention powders with some of the CND additives.

Hey Melissa,
I asked that question on SG and asked for recipes but was told there was no need for custom blending when the perfect color has a full range of opaque colours. If you know of any blends I would love to hear them!
Jackie
What matters is where you finish - the tallest oak in the forest was once a little nut that held it's ground!
Is there any difference in how it goes on? Consistency, etc? Thanks for the help!
I bought a 3.7 oz jar thinking it would be similar....wrong! I hated it. It just was harder to work with. I couldnt give the stuff away, hence why I see it on clearance in some stores.
I'm trying to remember what my EA said the advantage to using one over the other was... let me find out.
(04-16-2013, 03:40 AM)Melissa82 Wrote: I'm trying to remember what my EA said the advantage to using one over the other was... let me find out.

I would appreciate the info, Thanks!
(04-16-2013, 03:40 AM)Melissa82 Wrote: I'm trying to remember what my EA said the advantage to using one over the other was... let me find out.

I would also appreciate the info! I have been wondering this for awhile. I have only been trained on OPI Absolute but I don't like it at all. Thanks in advanced!
Hi All!
There is a difference between the Perfect Color and Retention+ powders. The PC have a light weight feel to the bead and soft diffused coloration. They are great for custom blending and most everyday client needs. The PC are applied usually from zone 1 to 3.
The R+ are a more dense bead with a crisper coloring. They can be applied in layers (think stacking pancakes). They are ideal for very crisp forever french and encassing or embedding.
The powders can be used together, for example in creating an extreme nail you could use opaque PC powders to camo the natural smile line but the R+ clear to embed things in the tip! Both of the powders can be used with any of the three CND liquids as well. If you would like more info, more science, or anything else let me know and I'm happy to get into more detail if you like.
Holly L Schippers
CND Education Ambassador

FingerNailFixer on Facebook
FingerNailFixer on YouTube

"There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them." - Tom Krause
(04-16-2013, 05:10 PM)FingerNailFixer Wrote: Hi All!
There is a difference between the Perfect Color and Retention+ powders. The PC have a light weight feel to the bead and soft diffused coloration. They are great for custom blending and most everyday client needs. The PC are applied usually from zone 1 to 3.
The R+ are a more dense bead with a crisper coloring. They can be applied in layers (think stacking pancakes). They are ideal for very crisp forever french and encassing or embedding.
The powders can be used together, for example in creating an extreme nail you could use opaque PC powders to camo the natural smile line but the R+ clear to embed things in the tip! Both of the powders can be used with any of the three CND liquids as well. If you would like more info, more science, or anything else let me know and I'm happy to get into more detail if you like.

Holly I would love to see a video on encasing/embedding with the RT+ been looking all over youtube but can't find anything that shows how to do it!

Jackie
What matters is where you finish - the tallest oak in the forest was once a little nut that held it's ground!
(04-20-2013, 12:49 PM)primpandpolish Wrote: [quote='FingerNailFixer' pid='27931' dateline='1366146619']
Hi All!

Is that why it is used in the additive videos on the CND website? Because it is "stackable"? Does it being more dense make it easier to work with when creating patterns? Thanks for the info!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 11
Views: 6,355
06-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Last Post*****Cindy
Replies: 2
Views: 1,933