You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What IS this stuff?
I recently got some new clients from one of the local McNails. They were wearing regular enamel with "The Top Coat From Hell". They all said it was air dried. It didn't want to come off with non-acetone remover; I wound up using straight acetone and it took lots of scrubbing. It was still shiny after 2-3 weeks. None of then knew what it was, of course. I'm thinking I could use this on myself since I'm just wearing Zoya these days, and it'd be great not to screw up my polish when I'm working, you know? Even using those plastic backed wipes (which the name of I can't remember right now) doesn't help much.

So... anyone have a clue what this stuff might be???

Jan in CO
I'm intrigued...
NY Licensed Nail + Waxing Tech
Owner/Developer Suite Tee
http://www.Facebook.com/TashawnaH
Instagram: @SuiteTee
Could it be Backscratchers "glaze" (I think that's what it's called)?
Not Backscratchers Glaze. I tried that on polish years ago. It turned the polish goopy and just scraped off. They all said it was applied right after the polish.
I use Backscratcher Glaze on regular polish and it has never turned goopy on me and it is extremely difficult to get off. I ususally file it off.
Get Nailed at JB Salon & Day Spa
How odd... whenever I'd done that (years ago) it never dried and you could just scrape the polish off the nail, even after a couple hours dry time.
(04-10-2013, 06:46 PM)youvegotnail! Wrote: How odd... whenever I'd done that (years ago) it never dried and you could just scrape the polish off the nail, even after a couple hours dry time.

Same here. I thought maybe that could be it because I know the Vietnamese supply house where I live sells it. The directions say to wait until the polish is dry. Maybe it should still be a little tacky?? I had a bottle of that stuff somewhere. Now I want to find it so I can play around with it.
It sounds a lot like that air brush topcoat that the vietnamese supply houses sell. Its pretty tough to remove. A LOT like the Backscratchers Glaze.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
(04-13-2013, 10:21 PM)mysweetjordan Wrote: It sounds a lot like that air brush topcoat that the vietnamese supply houses sell. Its pretty tough to remove. A LOT like the Backscratchers Glaze.

That makes sense! Would this be similar?
Thanks!
https://www.nailsuperstore.com/nail-prod...oat-0.5-oz