You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Gelish Color Problems
Hello All,
I started using the new Gelish colors and I'm having some problems. The first coat went in the light and came out fine. The second coat went in the light and came out fine, but after a few seconds it started wrinkling, almost right before my eyes. I could actually pull it off the nail like a piece rubber. I felt my coats were pretty thin, no thicker than when I use other Gelish colors. Also, there was another strange thing that happened. I used the purple color and after a few days the purple started fading in the corners of the nails and by a week it had changed to a very pale pink almost white.
Could this be my fault?
When I was polishing the nail discs , I may have had my bottles to close to the light. Could that have caused any of these issues???
One more note. When I was at our local Cosmo Proff I told them about the wrinkling issue. They told me that Gelish has stopped manufacturing the Summer Bloom collection completely. They thought maybe they were having issues themselves and that's why they stopped making it. Maybe it wasn't my fault?
Any thoughts? Thanks, Kelly*
Hi- I have that Teal color one-- wrinkled up! I exchanged it-- same problem!
Tried 3 different lights....
I'm returning it to Cosmoprof again!
Bad batch? I'm in NJ
Glad I'm not the only one having problems
Yes I noticed that the consistence was not the same as the older Gelish colors! I try to make sure I really shake them
Get Nailed at JB Salon & Day Spa
If you put Gelish on too thick it will wrinkle. I tend to have more trouble with the darker colors....
I had this problem the first time I used the pink color. I re-did it and thinly applied the base coat, and the polish (so thin that barely much color) and second coat applied perfectly fine.
I did my SOG mani last night. I used the Gelish polish I got from the Premier Orlando networking social last year (Up in the Blue - which is a periwinkle blue) and noticed a lot of shrinking. Other than scrubbing in the foundation gel and flash curing for a few seconds, what else can I do to prevent shrinking? I'm curing with an LED lamp.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
We have new gelish colors on the way. Hopefully this won't be an issue for us. If it is, i'll send it back. About a years ago, we received a bad batch of the black gelish colors. It will shrink no matter how thin you apply it or what light you use... I wonder if they have quality control issues...
Fong (Golden Nail Salon & Spa - Stow OH)
Nail Tech/ Manager
http://ohionailsalon.com
If it wrinkles, don't touch it, put top coat on it and it should go away.
As for the shrinking, did you make sure and dry wipe?

I sure hope this helps ya Smile
Denise Anderson
Attitudes
Salem, OR
I always do a dry wipe, still the shrinking was bad. I applied my color as thin as possible...maybe it was the color? I'll try a different color and see if I have the same problem.

I usually use ibd Just Gel and I get no shrinkage.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
If you have any lint free wipes, try that instead of dry wiping with a brush. I have to do that when I use gelish base. Now I know I am not suppose to cross use products, but when I use OPI base with any of my other gel polish colors, I do NOT have to dry wipe, it cures to the perfect tackiness to avoid any shrinking.
With the black Gelish it always shrunk. I use the dark blue as the first coat and the black coats won't shrink on top of it.
(04-03-2013, 06:25 AM)stuka123 Wrote: Hello All,
I started using the new Gelish colors and I'm having some problems. The first coat went in the light and came out fine. The second coat went in the light and came out fine, but after a few seconds it started wrinkling, almost right before my eyes. I could actually pull it off the nail like a piece rubber. I felt my coats were pretty thin, no thicker than when I use other Gelish colors. Also, there was another strange thing that happened. I used the purple color and after a few days the purple started fading in the corners of the nails and by a week it had changed to a very pale pink almost white.
Could this be my fault?
When I was polishing the nail discs , I may have had my bottles to close to the light. Could that have caused any of these issues???
One more note. When I was at our local Cosmo Proff I told them about the wrinkling issue. They told me that Gelish has stopped manufacturing the Summer Bloom collection completely. They thought maybe they were having issues themselves and that's why they stopped making it. Maybe it wasn't my fault?
Any thoughts? Thanks, Kelly*

Wrinkling happens when the light is unable to completely penetrate the product and cure all the way. So it makes sense that it would appear after the second coat was applied and cured. It means that too much was applied. You have to be careful with the colors that have a stronger pigment.

Harmony, the manufacturer of Gelish, has not stopped making the Love in Bloom collection.

Product shrinking could be too much Foundation applied on the free edge, not dry wiping or you may need to roll the bottle to mix the color better. It also helps to seal the edges with all coats before you apply them over the top of the nail. This ensures that that area is covered properly and that there is no excess product on the free edge.
I think other techs said they already apply very thin coat. I agree that love in bloom collection colors do not come out well like older ones. The purple had pink spot after a week. The pink & steel color always shrink . I am okay to work with those colors, but my staffs keep having same problem. *sign*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 8
Views: 5,040
06-05-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Postcosmobeauty
Replies: 4
Views: 6,081
01-07-2017, 10:31 PM