You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Canada
Hello everyone. I've been a nail tech since 1989. I've always tried to keep up with the latest trends when it came to nails. I've recently moved to Fort Mcmurray Canada where I'm at a loss. I don't know if I want to continue to do nails and if I do, where to begin the process. I contacted the municipality and the person who answered the phone couldn't answer my questions in regards to licensing.

Doing nails is my passion, but I'm not sure I want to start over. And if I do, How??? I guess I'm just at a loss and felt the need to inquire and vent at the same time. Sorry.
(03-19-2013, 07:54 PM)tipstoesnthingz Wrote: Hello everyone. I've been a nail tech since 1989. I've always tried to keep up with the latest trends when it came to nails. I've recently moved to Fort Mcmurray Canada where I'm at a loss. I don't know if I want to continue to do nails and if I do, where to begin the process. I contacted the municipality and the person who answered the phone couldn't answer my questions in regards to licensing.

Doing nails is my passion, but I'm not sure I want to start over. And if I do, How??? I guess I'm just at a loss and felt the need to inquire and vent at the same time. Sorry.

Hi
Alberta has no regulations for nails you only need your certificate to buy from a supplier. If you want to work from home you need to just phone your health region and someone will come and view your space, you also need to phone the business license dept at the city and purchase your home business license!! Welcome to AB!!!
(03-19-2013, 08:17 PM)cbyklum Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 07:54 PM)tipstoesnthingz Wrote: Hello everyone. I've been a nail tech since 1989. I've always tried to keep up with the latest trends when it came to nails. I've recently moved to Fort Mcmurray Canada where I'm at a loss. I don't know if I want to continue to do nails and if I do, where to begin the process. I contacted the municipality and the person who answered the phone couldn't answer my questions in regards to licensing.

Hi
Alberta has no regulations for nails you only need your certificate to buy from a supplier. If you want to work from home you need to just phone your health region and someone will come and view your space, you also need to phone the business license dept at the city and purchase your home business license!! Welcome to AB!!!

Thank you for the information. I plan on going tomorrow to the municipality with my current license to see about where I can get the certification. I will definately look into the health and business department. SmileBig Grin
Welcome back! If nails are your passion, I have no doubt you can reinvent yourself in your new home Smile There's a great network of nail techs all over Canada and out in Alberta especially. If you're on Facebook, I can hook you up with some great networking groups!
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
(03-31-2013, 08:58 AM)scratchmyback Wrote: Welcome back! If nails are your passion, I have no doubt you can reinvent yourself in your new home Smile There's a great network of nail techs all over Canada and out in Alberta especially. If you're on Facebook, I can hook you up with some great networking groups!

I am on face book. I would like to hook up. It's exciting and a little nerve wrecking. I feel like a newbie all over again. I'm so concerned about the diference in nail styles. I did my nails for the Easter holiday. Of course, I haven't touched a nail brush or acrylics in almost a year (they didn't look bad, but were not my best). Anyway, got mixed reactions when people saw them. Some loved them and said they would be interested. Others, I couldn't read their expression. They said they were nice. If I knew how to pload a photo, I would do so to see what you thought.
(03-31-2013, 04:11 PM)tipstoesnthingz Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 08:58 AM)scratchmyback Wrote: Welcome back! If nails are your passion, I have no doubt you can reinvent yourself in your new home Smile There's a great network of nail techs all over Canada and out in Alberta especially. If you're on Facebook, I can hook you up with some great networking groups!

I am on face book. I would like to hook up. It's exciting and a little nerve wrecking. I feel like a newbie all over again. I'm so concerned about the diference in nail styles. I did my nails for the Easter holiday. Of course, I haven't touched a nail brush or acrylics in almost a year (they didn't look bad, but were not my best). Anyway, got mixed reactions when people saw them. Some loved them and said they would be interested. Others, I couldn't read their expression. They said they were nice. If I knew how to pload a photo, I would do so to see what you thought.

Click the Facebook icon in my message and it will take you to my business page. You can PM me from there - look forward to hearing from you Smile
Laura Merzetti
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Laura, sent you a PM on facebook.
(04-02-2013, 01:54 AM)tipstoesnthingz Wrote: Laura, sent you a PM on facebook.

Got it and replied Smile
Laura Merzetti
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I'd love to know how the beauty industry functions up there! My boyfriend is possibly getting a Mining job there that may require us to move to Fort Mac. Lots of house wives with their husbands money to spend, or so I have heard! But still not sure how it would be. Keep me updated! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,318
03-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Last Postattitude
Replies: 0
Views: 1,347
12-22-2013, 01:56 AM