You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumos base... wonder product?
Just read of it here,
is it really an improvement on other base coats?
My biggest complaint about base coats... (now that most (better brands) adhere well and dry)
seeing dryness in the clients nail after some use (and yellowing), whitish areas of dryness in the surface nail plate,
sometimes slight splitting of thin layers of plate at the edge as dry areas grow out (I'm assuming it is dryness, you see this a lot on toe nails, but most often the nails that do and where they rub inside shoes)
I began using Nail Fitness some time ago after a reliable client used a bottle given to her and it seemed to have improved the moisture in her nail, it seemed to improve most clients nails
I used it for some time
but I've noticed many products seem to produce an improvement for some time, then the dryness is seen again...
same thing happened with Nail Fitness..
I've tried a recommendation here, lapping oil then removing surface oil before polishing
Some clients still show the dry areas

is Lumos a significant improvement?

aside from excitement about a new product...

I really didn't notice anything other than it dries super quick. Usually by the time you get the last toe/finger done, the other foot/hand is already completely dry. It really DOES dry quickly, tho. Great for mani's and Pedi's. I believe their claim is that you can put socks and shoes on after 12 min......or something like that.
It's may sound like a silly question, but do you remove polish before soaking? Or...are you doing any deep hydrating treatments, like paraffin or masks with heat?
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
(03-25-2013, 05:02 PM)wendynailart Wrote: Just read of it here,
is it really an improvement on other base coats?
My biggest complaint about base coats... (now that most (better brands) adhere well and dry)
seeing dryness in the clients nail after some use (and yellowing), whitish areas of dryness in the surface nail plate,
sometimes slight splitting of thin layers of plate at the edge as dry areas grow out (I'm assuming it is dryness, you see this a lot on toe nails, but most often the nails that do and where they rub inside shoes)
I began using Nail Fitness some time ago after a reliable client used a bottle given to her and it seemed to have improved the moisture in her nail, it seemed to improve most clients nails
I used it for some time
but I've noticed many products seem to produce an improvement for some time, then the dryness is seen again...
same thing happened with Nail Fitness..
I've tried a recommendation here, lapping oil then removing surface oil before polishing
Some clients still show the dry areas

is Lumos a significant improvement?

aside from excitement about a new product...

Lumos top coat is amazing for drying - I don't have any experience with the base coat, so I am interested in responses!
(03-25-2013, 08:40 PM)Darcy Wrote: It's may sound like a silly question, but do you remove polish before soaking? Or...are you doing any deep hydrating treatments, like paraffin or masks with heat?

I do remove polish before soaking, I tried treatments, did not seem to make much difference with these clients.
I don't soak with water except for a few clients and as I'm writing I realize two of them are regular mani spa clients... I wonder if the citrus scrup is part of the drying problem.... hmmmmm
the other three use lotion soak
Pedicures, polish removed after short soak, per code....

so the drying is faster than Out the Door or Seche vite?

and it wears well?

that could be handy...
Over the years, I have found that some people have this problem, (like you explained in your first post) when they have soaked with bare nails OR if I have done a moisture mask with heat (paraffin or hot towel wraps) when their nails were completely bare. I have really only seen it with pedicures.

So what I do now is apply a base coat First, so I am not soaking bare nails and Then follow through with their pedicure as usual. I have watched those little white patches grow right off doing it this way and new ones do not appear. So I can only venture a guess that it has something to do with the amount of moisture in the nail plate and then putting polish on top of the saturated nail that helped to cause that problem.
I hope that this information is helpful.
Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
Lumos Fast Dry Top and Bottom Coats will not dry out the natural nails and will not cause white spots. There are so many things in our environment that add to dryed out nail plates. I always make sure that they are using plenty of Dadi'Oil in between their nail services.
I have actually eliminated doing water manicures!
Lumos is a fast dry Top and Bottom Coat, goes on evenly and smoothly, has a great shine, lasts in the bottle-----Lumos Top Coat needs to be used generously!
Lumos has really made a difference for nail techs, because it does dry so quickly along with getting lasting results!
Linda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 21
Views: 15,479
05-16-2016, 11:19 PM
Last Postscotchtapeandrhinestones
Replies: 5
Views: 2,312