You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush On Gel Over Acrylic
I was just wondering what type of brush on gel cured gel other techs are using. I do pink and white acrylic nails using Tammy Taylor product. Most of the brands that I have tried have yellowed when my clients come in for a fill. Any advise?? ThanksWink
(03-11-2013, 12:56 PM)lalaanne Wrote: I was just wondering what type of brush on gel cured gel other techs are using. I do pink and white acrylic nails using Tammy Taylor product. Most of the brands that I have tried have yellowed when my clients come in for a fill. Any advise?? ThanksWink

Have you tried Young Nails UV top coat? It prevents yellowing and I haven't had any issues with it yet.
Why not use TT Top Gel Plus? I like that one?
Are your clients going in the tanning beds? If they are, you might need to use a UV inhibiting top coat. I use a uv gel sealer all the time, it never yellows, and I've used several different brands.
(03-11-2013, 04:29 PM)Springer Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 12:56 PM)lalaanne Wrote: I was just wondering what type of brush on gel cured gel other techs are using. I do pink and white acrylic nails using Tammy Taylor product. Most of the brands that I have tried have yellowed when my clients come in for a fill. Any advise?? ThanksWink

Have you tried Young Nails UV top coat? It prevents yellowing and I haven't had any issues with it yet.

Does it cure under a uv lamp. I love the look and shine of the uv cured topcoats over the pink and white acrylic but some yellow. I think the uv cured top coats add extra strength as well.
(03-12-2013, 10:57 AM)lalaanne Wrote:

Does it cure under a uv lamp. I love the look and shine of the uv cured topcoats over the pink and white acrylic but some yellow. I think the uv cured top coats add extra strength as well.

Yes it does cure under UV lamp, I use it all the time and the shine lasts until it's time for a fill, it's great!
agree Young Nails Finish gel top coat is the best!! I use there entire line. Smile
Darlene
(03-11-2013, 05:46 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: Are your clients going in the tanning beds? If they are, you might need to use a UV inhibiting top coat. I use a uv gel sealer all the time, it never yellows, and I've used several different brands.

Some of them go to the tanning beds and some smoke as well. What brands do you prefer?
(03-11-2013, 04:31 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Why not use TT Top Gel Plus? I like that one?

I have been using the TT Gel Plus and I am very pleased with the product. I would like to try others possibly something a bit less expensive. I was pondering the idea of a tackless to eliminate a step. Any ideas??
(03-11-2013, 04:31 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Why not use TT Top Gel Plus? I like that one?

I agree with the TT top gel plus. I was looking for something I could buy in bulk and same a penny. Thanks for the replySmile
(03-13-2013, 01:23 PM)Springer Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 10:57 AM)lalaanne Wrote:

Yes it does cure under UV lamp, I use it all the time and the shine lasts until it's time for a fill, it's great!

Thank you. I will have to try YNSmile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,248
02-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Last Postnails by Judy
Replies: 3
Views: 3,889