You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gel lights?
Which gel light is best? Or can I use my dual light for gel drying? 1st time working with gels thanks
Darlene
It is best to use the light that is designed to work with the gel system that you are using.
Most of the dual lights are not ideal for curing gels.
I love the Light Elegance EZ cure light, it is a high quality light from a company that stands behind their products and provides outstanding customer service. Smile
lightelegance.com
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
Can I suggest you get further training so you can understand the science behind the products you work with. Gel do not dry, they cure and it's best to understand this process if working with them, so you understand the dangers if used incorrectly.
As already said, any decent brand of gel usually has a UV or LED lamp to go with that system, if they don't then the company will say what type of generic lamp should be used.
Not all gels are the same, they don't all cure in UV or LED, they are manufactured to cured with either one or the other or both and the company will say which one to use.
(03-03-2013, 07:09 PM)Darcy Wrote: It is best to use the light that is designed to work with the gel system that you are using.
Most of the dual lights are not ideal for curing gels.
I love the Light Elegance EZ cure light, it is a high quality light from a company that stands behind their products and provides outstanding customer service. Smile
lightelegance.com

Darcy...Can you tell me a little about the LE uv lamp? Size, do you cure five fingers at one time, buttons (timer ?) Might consider this aside from having two at my station what do think? Thanks... Theresa
To make the best nails is to do the best you can!!
Hi Theresa,
You can cure 5 fingers in the EZ Cure Light, but it is a very sleek design, so it takes up very little room on your table.
It has a 2 minute timer built in.
Another important detail is, because of it's slim design, the bulbs are positioned very close to the nails. This way, it only requires 3 9watt bulbs for curing, making it Much more cost effective to maintain than a larger light with more bulbs. The larger the light, the further the bulbs are from the nails, requiring More bulbs to do the job=more $$ when it is time to replace the bulbs.
Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
Darcy,
My current light takes four bulbs. I like what you have said about the three bulb slim design. I have often considered purchasing an LE light, but just have not yet taken the plunge. Quite often, very often, my clients bump the entry to my light, bulbs, and the back plate. Do you find this happens more frequent with the slim design?
It's funny that you ask that Michele, I had the Exact same issue with a larger tunnel light, but have not really had as much of that happening with this smaller light. I think that with it looking so much smaller, they are paying more attention and just more careful when placing their hand in the light.
Another thing that I tell clients is that their Whole hand does not need to go into the light, just to place it so their thumb is getting the necessary light to cure. That helps them to place it properly and Not bump the back of the light.
Another great thing about these lights...They are Actually Made at the HQ in Oregon, SO...IF it happens that your client makes a mess inside the light, just call LE and you Can purchase just the inside lining and replace it. (you can also purchase just the shell, if you want to change that too! It comes in the light gray and LE Pink) If you Ever have any issues with the light, or anything from LE, just call headquarters, you will be taken good care of and get the Best customer service! Smile
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
The Light Elegance light unit is the only one I can recommend, and made in the USA : )
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
Thanks, I ordered one. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 1,864
11-02-2015, 12:31 PM