You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going from practice hand to human
Hello, I'm struggling with doing work on my student practice hand to human... lol! I do nice nail art on my practice hands, fingers, nail wheel, etc.... I go to do this on a human & freeze up & it doesn't look as good :-(
Also -- doing UV Gel & acrylic on a human- I haven't yet & have a friend coming over tomorrow for UV Gel set.....and today my sons girlfriend wants a fill on her acrylic & 2 of them broke off! In school we haven't had the clientele to do more then Mani Pedi & gel polish--- and definitely not a rebalance!! I'm so nervous & don't want to screw up someone's nails!
How do I handle this??
Everyone knows I'm still in school & I'm not charging anyone for anything I'm doing because I feel like I am still practicing on them....of course my husband says I bought all this stuff & should charge- I'm not sure what to do!!!
I've got my permit now so I'm starting to look for work...
Thanks
(01-28-2013, 12:04 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Hello, I'm struggling with doing work on my student practice hand to human... lol! I do nice nail art on my practice hands, fingers, nail wheel, etc.... I go to do this on a human & freeze up & it doesn't look as good :-(
Also -- doing UV Gel & acrylic on a human- I haven't yet & have a friend coming over tomorrow for UV Gel set.....and today my sons girlfriend wants a fill on her acrylic & 2 of them broke off! In school we haven't had the clientele to do more then Mani Pedi & gel polish--- and definitely not a rebalance!! I'm so nervous & don't want to screw up someone's nails!
How do I handle this??
Everyone knows I'm still in school & I'm not charging anyone for anything I'm doing because I feel like I am still practicing on them....of course my husband says I bought all this stuff & should charge- I'm not sure what to do!!!
I've got my permit now so I'm starting to look for work...
Thanks

Are you taking a nail course or cosmetology? It's a shame you haven't had any hands on practice... I can understand your nerves. All I can say is you have to start somewhere. Have you tried applying product (acrylic or gel) on yourself? Could you go get a set done at a decent salon?

How do you plan to do the UV gel set? Tip and overlay or sculpting?

As far as the fill, just focus on blending the old product. You should just lightly buff over the exposed natural nail. There should be no visible border between where the natural nail and the material meet.

It's really difficult to coach you online, but I'll do my best!
I had the same problem so I found someone to apprentice with. Most of the problem was my prep work, because it is hard to see if your doing that correctly on a practice hand. You go through the motions, but its hard to tell if you have done everything right.
I live in my own little world, but its okay they know me here Wink
Thx I have put the gels on myself- some lifting but OK.
I prefer to learn to sculpt- I've tried tips (& wraps - oye) on a friend & it was a mess... I enjoy doing the sculpture actually on the practice hand- I'm trying to find someone to apprentice with.
I tried a fill on practice hand & all I did was kept breaking more gel or acrylic off.
I know we have to start someplace :-)
I keep watching tutorials on you tube as well... .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 18
Views: 10,820
06-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Last Postloribe
Replies: 9
Views: 4,133
02-15-2013, 12:17 PM