You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IKEA poing chair
Hello I received my IKEA poing chair and ottoman today. I plan on using it for pedicures, but the ottoman is really flimsy and I planned on using it for myself to sit on , then client rest her feet on while drying. but that will not work, because it will not hold a person Sad my question is does anyone have this chair? what do u rest the clients feet on? I have a footsie bath. my clients are excited bout me adding pedicures and want to see what works for you all. Smile)
Monica
I remember a person on here that has this chair, but I can't remember her name or find her, she has long blonde hair ... thank y'all for any help!
Monica
I don't understand. I have this chair and ottoman at home and the ottoman is just fine for me to sit on or whatever I want (and I am not a skinny lady).

What do you find flimsy? It does slant at an angle that is not necessarily comfortable for someone doing a pedicure. Like I said, mine is in my home and I just put my feet on it.
(01-12-2013, 10:03 PM)kkgunn Wrote: I don't understand. I have this chair and ottoman at home and the ottoman is just fine for me to sit on or whatever I want (and I am not a skinny lady).

What do you find flimsy? It does slant at an angle that is not necessarily comfortable for someone doing a pedicure. Like I said, mine is in my home and I just put my feet on it.

hi kkgunn, thank you for responding! the board that the cushion sits on falls out of the slot on one side like it is too small. weird huh? maybe it's a bad piece? I think I will call ikea on Monday!
Monica
(01-12-2013, 10:25 PM)fallztownnails Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 10:03 PM)kkgunn Wrote: I don't understand. I have this chair and ottoman at home and the ottoman is just fine for me to sit on or whatever I want (and I am not a skinny lady).

hi kkgunn, thank you for responding! the board that the cushion sits on falls out of the slot on one side like it is too small. weird huh? maybe it's a bad piece? I think I will call ikea on Monday!

Yeah, that should not be happening. I move mine around at home and my kids sit and bounce on it, I sit on it. I've changed the fabric covers etc. and never had the board fall out. Check to make sure you put it together correctly and then call Ikea if you still have issues.
One of the salons who use that chair are Nail Perfection. She doesn't use the ottoman though. She was lucky enough to get the swivel model before they gave it the ax. http://www.nailperfection.net/
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
Wow, that set up looks great!!
Monica
Beautiful shop ! Love your description of services. Wish I lived in your area, I would apply for a position ! Your services, and prices, as well as your philosophy are right in line with my own ! Salon I am at where I rent, I work nxt to someone whose on thr quickie ,discount band wagon ,so anyone price shopping usually goes to her. Her clients that know some of mine ,will often say to them ," you're still here ?" I book 75 min fills also, she does 30-45, and they soak off their own nails, remove own polish, etc. Drives me nuts , lol ! My clients would NEVER put up with that....sorry, I am being so long, lol, just nice to know I am not a needle in the haystack, haha !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 815
10-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Last Posteleonora
Replies: 0
Views: 1,227
02-19-2015, 04:18 PM