You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YN/OPI Absolute delima
I'm sure I didn't spell that word right. But here it is any advice would be appreciated. I used to use YN and loved it. But I'm in Kansas and it is in California. I decided to start using something from my local supplier as I am a big advocate of shop local when you can. So I started using Absolute which I also like. Here is the problem, I am having issues with local supplier. Only getting about half of the stuff I order. Absolute was on sale last month so tried to stock up around a month ago. Still no monomer and it's not coming today either. I have enough for one client. So crossed that line we all have. I've decided I'm going back to YN. This is my issue I still have over half a tub of absolute powder, should I try mixing it with my YN liquid that is on the way? I hate to throw out so much powder but don't want to mess up my clients either. So frustrated with supply house!!!!!!!!!! Looking at other options for all my supplies now. But still have to figure this out, alot of money down the drain if I don't use it.

Also best way to clean brushes for switch to YN Monomer?
Tina
Rural Kansas
You can always test it out on yourself. Nothing is harder on nails than doing nails lol. If it does okay I'd say go ahead. I've never had problems mixing lines, but I can't say for sure. I don't have experience using Young Nails monomer with OPI absolute powder.
I say test it out. I'm you've go nothing to lose. if you find that it doesn't work for you you could always post the powder in the swap and shop. after all getting some of your money back is better then none.
"I belive in karma...so i'm not worried."
I just mixed the same thing and have had no problems. I ran out of my YN clear powder,,,thinking I had an extra container,,,and needed it the next day. I went to my local supplier and picked up a small container of absolute clear. No problems with absolute powder and YN liquid.
April, Country SAS Salon

"Expect the best, Prepare for the worst, Celebrate it ALL!"
Thank you ladies. I'll do that, but it does help to know someone has done it. Normally not something I'd do, but.... And swap and talk was my next thought.
Tina
Rural Kansas
(01-09-2013, 03:07 PM)ttmil Wrote: I'm sure I didn't spell that word right. But here it is any advice would be appreciated. I used to use YN and loved it. But I'm in Kansas and it is in California. I decided to start using something from my local supplier as I am a big advocate of shop local when you can. So I started using Absolute which I also like. Here is the problem, I am having issues with local supplier. Only getting about half of the stuff I order. Absolute was on sale last month so tried to stock up around a month ago. Still no monomer and it's not coming today either. I have enough for one client. So crossed that line we all have. I've decided I'm going back to YN. This is my issue I still have over half a tub of absolute powder, should I try mixing it with my YN liquid that is on the way? I hate to throw out so much powder but don't want to mess up my clients either. So frustrated with supply house!!!!!!!!!! Looking at other options for all my supplies now. But still have to figure this out, alot of money down the drain if I don't use it.

Also best way to clean brushes for switch to YN Monomer?

You know what I did when I ran in to this is I used it to mix all kinds of glitters and pigment etc. Not stuff I would use to build my nail but for art and 3D etc. So it will not hinder the structure of my nails. I use CND liquid with all the powers I have an have no issues when I use it in art work.
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789