You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
protein bond vs linkage
or send a pic of what they look like... I'll see if I can find them locally.
I should have asked before I did the order, sigh.
I was thinking of getting small bottles, available down to dram sizes, and decanting then wondered if the process of decanting the liquid would expose it to more air... sigh... a pity, such a great product.... but not enough follow up on making it work more effectively for the manicurist.
I found solvent brushes in a craft/model shop. they are like the bush in a primer bottle, short bristle so it picks up a little product, and 25 in a box... easy to use and clean at the end of the day. No lint...
but I see your note about redipping... ok, I'll send my address for some swabs... thank you...

the adhesion was so good, it is worth some work
but not is YN is working as well. That is one I have not tried. Only one supplier locally carries it and they were out last time I tried to get some.

Inbox? I don't know how...
Mailed two bundles out to you today. You can get more at a med. supply store if you find you like them. Leave the Linkage in it's original bottle and use these swabs. Keep the threads cleaned and lightly oiled, cap the bottle immediately after using. YOu can usually get all 10 nails done with one dip, or use a swab for each hand.
Another thing the swabs are good for is the stick part, they make great stir sticks. I was constantly mixing colors with TEN and those sticks came in real handy! I'd break them off before throwing the swab away. I didn't do to all of them, but I kept 5-6 on hand all the time.

I'm having excellent results with YN's bonder, so if you find the swabs still don't do it for you, then yes, try theirs.
thank you, I will (try YN if Link turns out to be too much work, may try it anyway)

One thing I never had trouble with was the cap.. saw a little build up of product near the end, but then maybe I didn't keep the product alive long enough ;-)
(12-21-2012, 10:05 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: Mailed two bundles out to you today. You can get more at a med. supply store if you find you like them. Leave the Linkage in it's original bottle and use these swabs. Keep the threads cleaned and lightly oiled, cap the bottle immediately after using. YOu can usually get all 10 nails done with one dip, or use a swab for each hand.
Another thing the swabs are good for is the stick part, they make great stir sticks. I was constantly mixing colors with TEN and those sticks came in real handy! I'd break them off before throwing the swab away. I didn't do to all of them, but I kept 5-6 on hand all the time.

I'm having excellent results with YN's bonder, so if you find the swabs still don't do it for you, then yes, try theirs.

Thank you, received them!
I may try YN's bonder even sooner than expected. Placed the Linkage order 12-17-2012, just received e-mail saying it was "preparing" for shipping... here I have been watching for it for 1.5 weeks.... silly me....
sigh.
so you find the YN product equal to Linkage? (did I already ask that?). Being able to get it in a reasonable time gives it some extra points.... we have a YN store in Westminster (conveniently near Disneyland).
Bellomodo just shipped part of my bead order (offering to help in any way they can, except complete the order), three packages were lost this last season... one shipped to the wrong address for no apparent reason... two lost in limbo and it took weeks to get seller to reship.....someone is trying to tell me something.... I wish I knew what....
I wish I had a local supplier I could get mine from, lucky you! When you eventually get the LInkage, I'd save it for hard core lifters, jmo.
Looks like I will eventually get the linkage, though I told her to cancel, after waiting two weeks for her to ship it. Though I think it might have been closer to a month last time.
I'm not happy
it sounds like you think the linkage does work better...
maybe I'm having a menopausal moment, but right at this time, I wish it was available from a more professional seller.
undefined
Wendy I have compensated you for the delay in your order. I know the delay was unexceptional and I do apologize. If you have any issues please email me at [email protected] or my personal email [email protected]
Thank you for your order and for trying TEN
Are your nails Tuff Enuff ??
http://www.tuffenuffnails.us

Brenda Anderson
President/Nail Tech
Tuff Enuff Nails
Checotah, Oklahoma USA
[email protected]
918-231-3000
If the gel is totally clear it IS NOT the same as TEN Gel. The slight tint in the original TEN gel is signature of it being a Poly Gel. If it is not a "poly" gel you will not have that superior flexibility that TEN has.
For those of you in Canada you can now order the tried and true original Tuff Enuff Nails products from my distributor, Cherie Byklum at http://www.tuffenuffnailscanada.com

doreen simplicity nail system ontario(formerly TEN) has has the connect formerly (linkage) and it works great! i buy from simplicity nail system and the gel is so clear it looks like glass!
[/quote]

Brenda Anderson
President/Nail Tech
Tuff Enuff Nails
Checotah, Oklahoma USA
[email protected]
918-231-3000
(01-04-2013, 11:55 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Wendy I have compensated you for the delay in your order. I know the delay was unexceptional and I do apologize. If you have any issues please email me at [email protected] or my personal email [email protected]
Thank you for your order and for trying TEN

thank you, received and I appreciate the compensation.

(01-05-2013, 07:11 PM)[email protected] Wrote: If the gel is totally clear it IS NOT the same as TEN Gel. The slight tint in the original TEN gel is signature of it being a Poly Gel. If it is not a "poly" gel you will not have that superior flexibility that TEN has.
For those of you in Canada you can now order the tried and true original Tuff Enuff Nails products from my distributor, Cherie Byklum at http://www.tuffenuffnailscanada.com

doreen simplicity nail system ontario(formerly TEN) has has the connect formerly (linkage) and it works great! i buy from simplicity nail system and the gel is so clear it looks like glass!

[/quote]
Interesting, what is shipping to 90505, California?
Is there a sample kit?
I hadn't ordered from Canada for some years, the shipping charges were high (Amore) and one order took four weeks for delivery, they said the problem was at the post office... and extra fees for permit to ship gel products...
I never considered, postage might not be the same from everyone...

There was a nail tip brand many years ago called "Simplicity" they were great tips, the seller (I thought he was also the manufacturer) was in Orange County, CA. They were the only brand I found that really fit many nail shapes that are not extremely curved. great fit and very thin at the base, little filing to blend. Many of my clients have nails that are too flat for most the main brand tips.
Is this any relation to that product?
Somehow, I am more confused than ever....
The products are "Connect" (bond) and "Simplicity" (gel) in Canada
in the USA "Linkage" (bond) and "Ten" (gel) ?

the same products from the same chemist?
part of my interest is in trying to find some more information...
when I am told Linkage does not work as well "once it starts to set up''... what exactly does that mean? does it mean when it actually solidifies? Linkage is quite thin at first and later it can be felt, sticky...
so at what point is it not working as well?

and how to prevent premature polymerization...
Can I add more fresh product to one that is "thickening"?
or is there no thinning of the product once it begins to thicken, and again, at what point does it not work as well?

I ran an experiment, purchased small (1/2 dram) vials) and tried decanting a bottle of Linkage into them, the idea being...
if air causes the polymerization of the product, then the tiny bottles I don't open will stay fresh, not only not opened but having less air in them in a .5 dram narrow (less surface) vial... (unless I introduce air into the product decanting it, I was careful to not agitate).
I double wrapped the rest of the original bottles and put them in the refrigerator, without response from the sellers, I hoped cold would slow product change.
I purchased tiny solvent brushes from a craft store (10 for... I forget how much, cheap, lots of them so I can clean them at the end of the day (bad idea, the product gets solid).

For a while decanting seemed successful, opening only one .5 dram bottle at a time, I opened another when the first began to thicken a bit (though none of these .5 drams in use have yet "solidified", since January), still unsure at what point Linkage is "thick"
and here is the puzzle, after 2 months (about as long as my first the full bottle lasted), I opened one of the .5 drams heretofore untouched... and found the product was solid... all three of the vials unopened were solid, while the ones in use (exposed to more air and potential contamination) were not, they are a little thicker, you can feel the stickiness... but still fluid.
I experimented with the "contamination" idea too, keeping one bottle for one client and re-dipping the brush, that vial is in the same condition as the other two vials that I never re-dip the brush into, thicker but still fluid.
Now I am filling a .5 dram from the bottle in the refrigerator, watching that one for thickening.

So.... I'm even more confused
So far, Linkage has worked better on my clients than the others
but keeping it active is a challenge

I wish there was a source for answers
Eventually something else will come along that will work as well with less work on my side (and less waste).

Sadly, product support is often a problem
I suppose I am spoiled, I started my working career in medical back office, product and material support was accurate and detailed.

Wendy, thanks for working so hard to make Linkage work for you.

If Linkage is a bit thicker, it will still work. "Sticky" is OK. When it gets kind of goopy, then it is completely activated and won't work. This is what people refer to when they say it has "set up" - goopy. You should not add fresh product to a thickening product as the activation has already started. Adding thinner, fresher product is not going to stop the process.

This product is air activated, so those vials must have leaked air somehow. That's the only way it could have hardened. When you are using the bottle they are shipped in, the air from opening and closing the bottle can activate the product. By moving it to smaller containers, that weren't opened and closed, it should have worked, unless they allowed air to reach the product. And that is what must have happened. Unfortunately we can't see when air is leaking in or out. But the reaction in the bottle tells us what has happened. Maybe the seals on some of your containers worked, and others were looser. In the company experiments, they did find that some brands of bottles were better than others, as the quality control of the seals varied. Some people believe refrigeration helps, but the temperature is not what activates it.

As for brushes, if you purchase brushes that can be dipped in acetone, clean them immediately after using the product and the bristles will not harden. If you leave Linkage in the brush, it will activate in the air and the bristles will be hard.

We sell a LOT of Linkage and people love it. Some people have no problem making it last, but for others, it is a bit of work to figure out what works for them. Different things have worked for different people.

If you are willing to keep trying, all I can recommend is trying different bottles with different seals.

I would love a sample- does TEN offer product samples of anything?
(04-05-2013, 11:22 AM)[email protected] Wrote: I would love a sample- does TEN offer product samples of anything?

We do have samples I will send you one. You can email me your address [email protected]
(04-04-2013, 09:18 PM)cbyklum Wrote: Wendy, thanks for working so hard to make Linkage work for you.
****reply inserted*****
If Linkage is a bit thicker, it will still work. "Sticky" is OK. When it gets kind of goopy, then it is completely activated and won't work. This is what people refer to when they say it has "set up" - goopy. You should not add fresh product to a thickening product as the activation has already started. Adding thinner, fresher product is not going to stop the process.
****thank you! ******
This product is air activated, so those vials must have leaked air somehow. That's the only way it could have hardened. When you are using the bottle they are shipped in, the air from opening and closing the bottle can activate the product. By moving it to smaller containers, that weren't opened and closed, it should have worked, unless they allowed air to reach the product. And that is what must have happened. Unfortunately we can't see when air is leaking in or out. But the reaction in the bottle tells us what has happened. Maybe the seals on some of your containers worked, and others were looser. In the company experiments, they did find that some brands of bottles were better than others, as the quality control of the seals varied. Some people believe refrigeration helps, but the temperature is not what activates it.
****I agree, but as I said, entirely puzzled that the three bottles that had not been opened since filling set up while the three original in use, still have not
So, my idea of keeping it refrigerated and filling only one small bottle a week, with a weeks worth, will only work partially since I open the larger bottle once a week... actually, that should help... ****

As for brushes, if you purchase brushes that can be dipped in acetone, clean them immediately after using the product and the bristles will not harden. If you leave Linkage in the brush, it will activate in the air and the bristles will be hard.
***have been cleaning my brushes in acetone... good idea? I will clean them more thoroughly, sounds like the risk of contamination is equal to air ?******
We sell a LOT of Linkage and people love it. Some people have no problem making it last, but for others, it is a bit of work to figure out what works for them. Different things have worked for different people.

If you are willing to keep trying, all I can recommend is trying different bottles with different seals.

*** thank you for the information... is all of this available somewhere and I didn't see it? I've requested detailed info about use and care from US seller, surprised since the product is so different from anything I've used before to not receive detailed instructions on application and maintenance...
I'd expected a detailed instruction sheet to arrive or link to a webpage, is there one somewhere?

and thank you again, gives me a far better working procedure, as I keep saying, have found this best on my thin nailed clients... amazingly so, their nails seem stronger since using it, partially I imagine less lift, less repair... I work by hand so I attract thinner nailed clients who have had damage elsewhere. I was a lot of extra work until Linkage....

(07-29-2011, 03:23 AM)4thStreetNailz Wrote: I was a PB user for several years....tried linkage and it didn't work as well for me. Somebody mentioned Something Wonderful and I thought I would give it a try....I AM SOLD. Something wonderful has worked better for me than either PB of Linkage

Can you please tell me where to got o get something wonderful.THanks

(04-07-2013, 08:36 PM)garyjon414 Wrote:
(07-29-2011, 03:23 AM)4thStreetNailz Wrote: I was a PB user for several years....tried linkage and it didn't work as well for me. Somebody mentioned Something Wonderful and I thought I would give it a try....I AM SOLD. Something wonderful has worked better for me than either PB of Linkage

Can you please tell me where to got o get something wonderful.THanks

You can get it from Nailite. I've found it works pretty good but not as well as PB from YN. I'm having to apply it twice and cure it on for 10 seconds. THEN it works great.
Curious... I use Linkage for wrap and acrylic nails also... have you tried SW with those products?
I don't cure it with them, in fact with L I tried curing it before gel or not (since it works so well uncured with other products) seemed to work better not cured.

it's been amazing with clients who, due to skill allergies, must have wraps... but have really thin nails.
Linkage does not need to be cured. It is air activated so UV and heat will not do anything to it.

Brenda Anderson
President/Nail Tech
Tuff Enuff Nails
Checotah, Oklahoma USA
[email protected]
918-231-3000
I have an update on my Linkage, I have a very small deer foot brush that I got from art supply store. I drip the Linkage onto the brush then apply to clients nail. Never putting a contaminated brush into the bottlel. It has made a huge difference in my Linkage lasting. It has not gotten gummy at all and I am more than half way down the bottle. Thank goodness this worked for me, because I love the results from Linkage, the best by far I have used so far.
(04-05-2013, 04:24 PM)cbyklum Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 11:22 AM)[email protected] Wrote: I would love a sample- does TEN offer product samples of anything?

We do have samples I will send you one. You can email me your address [email protected]

Can I get a sample too? I have one client that suffers with very bad lifiting and I have tried using the CND primer to no avail. I would really like to get this solved for her!
Jackie
What matters is where you finish - the tallest oak in the forest was once a little nut that held it's ground!
I've had an odd thing happen with four of the clients who had so much improvement with Linkage....
their nails are lifting like crazy.... and it seem the problem is the older product, the new product adheres but the nail product about half way up just lifts away easily leaving a length of about the last two fills
it seems to be improving as the nail grows out, fill after fill, more adheres
but....wow... and are they unhappy

can Linkage (or any similar product) get old under the product and let go after some time?
the odd thing is, three are gel, one acrylic
two are nail biters, two not
they don't come in the same day

everyone else is fine
I'd be tempted to file a bit more to clean the surface, but all have thin nails

but other thin nail clients are not having a problem

I can't find a commonality
this is something I would like to avoid in the future too
That's not something I've ever experienced so I'm puzzled about it, too. I'm just not sure how it could be the bonder causing it. Two fills, that's a month's worth of growth at least....seems like it would be the product itself and not the bonder. Is it on all fingers or on the most used fingers of their dominant hand? Sounds a bit like pocket lifting.
I love my linkage but I too have been having problems with it activating in the bottle Sad
The problem with the activation in the bottle is one we've been dealing with for awhile. One thing we've found is that the product does NOT like Scrub Fresh or Bondaid. Using those products on the nail then applying E Link, (a.k.a. Linkage), will cause contamination to the bonder. Once that's done, the activation starts.

Decanting into another bottle will cause problems because we can guarantee the bottle we use is airtight, we can't make that same guarantee with any other bottle.

Redipping multiple times into the bottle will contaminate also, plus take air back into the bottle. I've been using dental applicators to apply E Link, and it's perfect for applying it precisely where you want it. They can be bought thru Pierson's Dental supply. We're seriously thinking of carrying them thru the web site, too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 11
Views: 2,736
07-17-2016, 11:10 AM
Last Post[email protected] USA
Replies: 7
Views: 15,188
07-10-2016, 09:45 PM