You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with Gelish 18G LED lamp
OK - is it just us?!!?

We seem to having trouble with getting our Gelish LED lamps to come on with the auto feature.

Do you disable the auto feature, and just set the lamp by the buttons on the back? We can't seem to figure out what makes the lamp come on. We know there are sensors in there, but there sometimes seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when they work or don't. Are we missing something?

Also, the cords don't seem to be staying together with a good connection where they two cords meet. I bought two of these lamps and we love them when they work, but seem to have little issues. Or maybe we have little issuesBlush...
(12-20-2012, 07:28 PM)propeditech Wrote: OK - is it just us?!!?

We seem to having trouble with getting our Gelish LED lamps to come on with the auto feature.

Do you disable the auto feature, and just set the lamp by the buttons on the back? We can't seem to figure out what makes the lamp come on. We know there are sensors in there, but there sometimes seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when they work or don't. Are we missing something?

Also, the cords don't seem to be staying together with a good connection where they two cords meet. I bought two of these lamps and we love them when they work, but seem to have little issues. Or maybe we have little issuesBlush...

The sensor is definitely sensitive to the right hand position. But this can ensure proper curing. If you switch to manual, you run the risk of not curing all the fingers perfectly.

I usually find that moving the lamp a little closer to the client will get it to catch the sensor. The clients are often not going far enough in the lamp because they're afraid of messing up their nails.
I had trouble with mine after four months.... They replaced it with a new one and after six months that one messed up too. Not happy with this at all. I'm looking for different one because of this issue..
Um im sorry....but when did dropping $400 bucks on something and then it doesnt work properly...suddenly become OK?????
NO THAT ISNT NORMAL!!!!! Take it back girl......thats hard earned money.....they should work like a charm....theyre good lights.....demand a replacement!!!! =]
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
My timers have switched from 5, 20 and 30secs to 60, 120, 180 and because I haven't purchased from an 'authoriZed' distributor (I'm an international) they won't honor my warranty and I'm very upset because this began happening when it was just a month old. It is worse yet my fault that I waited for it to get this bad. The lamp is only 5 months old. My local supply has offered to take it back and give me any lamp they have in stock but my choices are limited to the star nail duo lite or young nails led and I just wish my Gelish 18g would work properly!
I've had problems with mine also. I thought it was just me. I have trouble getting it to start up automatically when my client puts her hand in, I end up having to unplug it and plug it back in. I agree the connection is not great I was afraid I was going to break it when trying to connect the 2 cords. I just don't know what to do. I have all Gelish and now the Gelish hard gel and have invested alot in this brand...............I also use Harmony Acrylic, I would hate to switch brands all together.....lots and lots of money. Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,343
11-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Last Postyou'vegotnail!
Replies: 37
Views: 59,249
05-20-2013, 02:20 PM