You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guidance is needed
Hello BT I have been off the boards for a good while, had to anchor myself...lol But I have been trying to keep up with you guys. I am ready to give gel manicures a try. I see that there is a choice of uv or led lamps that can be used, I also see that the price of the led lamp will not fit into my budget at this time. I do have a uv lamp, and I do know that the set cure timing is different when working with led or uv, can someone please help me with the proper cure time using gelish gel manicure product with a uv lamp. All of your help will be greatly appreciated Smile
Thanks
I'm Onamishion
I believe Gelish under a UV lamp is a 1 minute base coat cure time & a 2 minute cure time for the rest of the coats.
(12-16-2012, 05:11 PM)Jill in Ky Wrote: I believe Gelish under a UV lamp is a 1 minute base coat cure time & a 2 minute cure time for the rest of the coats.

Ok thanks Jill
I'm Onamishion
Ha! Love your user name!

Most LED curable products should state in the instructions what the needs are to cure it under a traditional UV lamp. Just remember that not all gels are LED curable - if they were not formulated to cure LED then while it nails may look cured, they are not properly cured.

Have you checked out Star's Dual Cure Lamp? It is LED & UV built into one lamp

[Image: 662900.jpg]
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Thanks it fits me well because I am always on some mission...lol. I thank you for your reply, I am going through a rough separation, I am a stay at home mom so now I have to put the pep in my step. I am using Gelish as I stated before, I looked on the back of the bottle and went to their web site, it did give direction and timing for the use of led and uv so I should be ok until I can get on my feet, get money flowing, and purchase that dual led/uv light. Thank you for the suggestion I like that lamp.
I'm Onamishion
I am a Light elegance girl. I talked to Jim and asked him why he didn't have an led light. He said they are still to new,and he is waiting, for all kinds of reasons. If you want to know about gel lamps,he can give you the skinny. He is a gel manufacturer.
Tesss Walters
http://www.puttinonthenails.com
Inventor of THE CLAZY GRIP!
Owner/Operator
Educator
Master Gel Technician
[email protected]
FB Group Page ( The Art Of the Pen)
(12-29-2012, 08:13 PM)JUST NAIL IT Wrote: I am a Light elegance girl. I talked to Jim and asked him why he didn't have an led light. He said they are still to new,and he is waiting, for all kinds of reasons. If you want to know about gel lamps,he can give you the skinny. He is a gel manufacturer.

Thank you, does Jim work for LE or should I seek him out in the BT forum?
I'm Onamishion
(12-30-2012, 01:19 AM)Onamishion Wrote: Thank you, does Jim work for LE or should I seek him out in the BT forum?

He owns Light Elegance Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 11
Views: 2,737