You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DUOLITE OPI Gel Color
Hey girls!
Recently my spa has purchased two star duolites and we have been having curing problems with opi gel color. The thumbs aren't curing all the way and neither are the side walls....

anyone else have this problem?
Which color is it? I've noticed that I've had troubles curing "A Good Mandarin is Hard to Find". Try putting the color on a bit thinner on the nails that are not curing, it could be pooling at the side walls. Also make sure the client kind of hold the thumb up so the lowest side of the thumbnail is getting touched by the light.
All or most of our colors are doing that. I always do the colors thin so I don't think it's pooling. If it were pooling the color would prolly be on cuticle as well. We have also lifted the thumbs as well and it helps a little bit but does not solve the problem.
(12-05-2012, 09:40 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: Which color is it? I've noticed that I've had troubles curing "A Good Mandarin is Hard to Find". Try putting the color on a bit thinner on the nails that are not curing, it could be pooling at the side walls. Also make sure the client kind of hold the thumb up so the lowest side of the thumbnail is getting touched by the light.

Donna,

I am absolutely convinced there is/was a bad batch of "A Good Mandarin is Hard to Find." My first bottle would absolutely not cure properly. It would kinda cure on the top but then peel off with a sticky, uncured mess underneath. I finally gave up. I've been wondering if anyone else has a bottle of that color giving them fits, I'm sure it's a problem with the batch.

Sorry-- little side tangent there. I haven't invested in an LED light yet, so I can't help with the original question.
Maggie Franklin: Art of Nailz, Visalia CA
http://blogs.nailsmag.com/maggie
http://www.artofnailz.biz
We have that color too but I can't recall any problems. Is it shook up allllllllll the way? Whenever we get new colors in I turn them upside down to let the pigment start moving. They settle super bad and this trick seems to help.