You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Nails vs CND
Ok, so I'm debating between the two. I need to decided what is going to be my first system for gel polish, L&P and uv gel. Down the road, I very well may expand to more than one but right now I just want to use one UV lamp for one system. What do you guys see are the pro's and con's to the two? I wish it was easier to decided but since I'm new to the industry, I'm really not sure what to look for.
I think YN is less finicky than CND when it comes to acrylic. People either love or hate CND acrylic and I'm one of the haters. I personally like Nailite's brand of acrylic, it's cheap, goes on well and give me no probs at all. I use the Omega line.

I've got several lines of sog, only one generic UV lamp and one CND LED lamp. While I'm not a fan of their acrylic, I love the CND line of gel polishes.

I use YN gel and I'm wanting to see how the IBD gel is since it'll cure in LED. It would be a time saver.
I'm not really sure about LED right now. I'll probably stick to UV for some time.

I do have the Omega L&P at home with their soak off and primer and gloss. I don't really like the soak off it as it takes a long time to soak off for me. Maybe I'm just not used to soak off's? I can't seem to get the ratio of the L&P right but was ok witht he YN core line that I tried last night.
(11-12-2012, 10:28 PM)Melissa82 Wrote: I'm not really sure about LED right now. I'll probably stick to UV for some time.

I do have the Omega L&P at home with their soak off and primer and gloss. I don't really like the soak off it as it takes a long time to soak off for me. Maybe I'm just not used to soak off's? I can't seem to get the ratio of the L&P right but was ok witht he YN core line that I tried last night.

FYI-According to my spreadsheet (comparing product ingredients) YN monomer is equal to the Nailite Universal monomer. Jus' sayin'. Smile

I use the YN powders and I like their clear and their whites. I like Entity Beauty's Pinkest Pink powder.

Again, according to my spreadsheet, CND is finicky because their ingredients for both L&P is unique. Tammy Taylor's are unique too. So these two are usually the 'love 'em or hate 'ems'.

Anna
Good to know, thanks!
I have used CND for years. Ive tried others but always end up coming back to it. I just cant make other brands work for me, always have lifting. You just have to play around and see what works for you. YN and Entity is amazing to work with but once again I have lifting. I have no doubt its me but I cant afford to have those mistakes.I would get some samples of Nailites different lines and see if that works.
I'm a tammy taylor girl, have been since school. I hate CND's acrylic. their gel is ok but a little over priced in my opinion. as for YN I've tired it and it just doesn't set up fast enough for me even their speed line is too slow. I do love the look of the YN clear. as for sogs I love Love love eco so quick sog. uv gel after 4 years of trying other product i just keep coming back to IBD. hth.
"I belive in karma...so i'm not worried."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 2,332
05-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Last Posttishgibson
Replies: 0
Views: 1,637