You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat spike with led hard gels
Quick question...do you have to flash cure with LED hard gels? Are there heat spikes with led hard gels? I am looking to shorten my times and thought by purchasing a led hard gel system this might speed thing up.

Also, how are all the clients nails holding up that are wearing led hard gels...any lifting or product breakdown?
To my knowledge, I don't think there's any hard gels out there that we can know for sure they're fully cured in LED. They're not designed for LED, only UV. You could use the LED to flash cure the nails then do a final 2 min. cure in the UV. Yes, they'll spike some clients when exposed to the LED, I've had it happen a few times. Same rules apply, use too much, it's gonna spike.

If you happen to know of a co. that has a verified LED cured hard gel, please let me know......
Thanks Donna! Now, is the gelish hard gel a true "hard gel"...?
I just did some research and Harmony has the Gelish Hard Gel LED curable Buff Off System.

http://www.nailharmony.com/products/led-gel-system.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLXpOq1C6bw

Here's another thread I found as well on here http://beautytech.com/forums/showthread....D+Hard+gel
I think LCN cures in led
(11-01-2012, 07:54 PM)celly Wrote: Quick question...do you have to flash cure with LED hard gels? Are there heat spikes with led hard gels? I am looking to shorten my times and thought by purchasing a led hard gel system this might speed thing up.

Also, how are all the clients nails holding up that are wearing led hard gels...any lifting or product breakdown?

LED hard gel behaves the same as any other hard gel. If you wish to flash cure, you only need about 5 seconds. This will set the gel enough so you can mold the c-curve.

As far as heat spike, yes, that can happen with LED gels, just as it can with UV gel. And it can be avoided the same way: sculpting in thinner layers. Or curing outside the lamp for 10 sec or so before fully curing in the lamp.

I get excellent adhesion and wear with Gelish Hard Gel.

Just curious, do you find the heat spike is any quicker or more intense with the LED light?
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
(11-02-2012, 08:07 AM)scratchmyback Wrote: Just curious, do you find the heat spike is any quicker or more intense with the LED light?

I wouldn't say more intense, but it does happen faster. Since 5 seconds in LED = 30 seconds in a CFL (trad. UV) light.
I didn't realize that Gelish had an LED cured hard gel out, guess that shows how much I pay attention. Hopefully the other co.'s will jump on the bandwagon and get their brands out there, too. Not a huge fan of Gelish......
IBD now has Led/Uv curable building gels. I believe there are 5 or 6 colors. pinks and natural just no clear. mine are on their way from Beauty West even as I type lol
(11-05-2012, 08:45 AM)bbrennan106 Wrote: IBD now has Led/Uv curable building gels. I believe there are 5 or 6 colors. pinks and natural just no clear. mine are on their way from Beauty West even as I type lol

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 83
10-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Last PostNurse nail tech
Replies: 7
Views: 3,088