You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will stick on a client on Thyroid Medication?
I have a client who is on Thyroid med, antidepressants, and who knows what else. I've used Ten gel, it came off, I've used gelish it she peeled it off in one strip. I have been using young nails, I do not bump cuticle. I clean with sciver bit and dehydrate. She lifts from the cuticle area about 7 to 10 days after application.. and then she picks... No other client lifts...only her and she admits she picks when it lifts... Any suggestions?
Pen Sadler/ owner/nail tech
Definitive Touch Salon
7791 Cooper Road
Montgomery, Ohio
513-794-0733
http://www.myspace.com/pensad
Licensed managing manicurist
young nails addict
Entity Advantage Member #73789

We are here to SERVE one and another.......
I have two clients with the same issue. Tried acrylic and hard gels with no luck. Using the following, they have seen great success and keep the product on for two weeks with very few problems:

-no lotions or cuticle oil on the hands for at least a day prior to getting nails done
-Double dehydrate - use the uv light for the heat to make sure the nails are completely dry if you don't want to wait so long
-protein bond the entire nail - put in lights to make stickier
-protein bond again wherever the lifting is worst, or the entire nail if unsure
-extremely thin base coat
-2nd thin base coat - cure slightly longer than normal
finish as usual

I don't soak off gel polish - I buff off with the efile (one reason I double base), so this system works really well for me. If you soak off, you might get frustrated with my system because it takes forever to try to soak it off later! Smile
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Thanks I'll try dbl protein bonding in the light...
Pen Sadler/ owner/nail tech
Definitive Touch Salon
7791 Cooper Road
Montgomery, Ohio
513-794-0733
http://www.myspace.com/pensad
Licensed managing manicurist
young nails addict
Entity Advantage Member #73789

We are here to SERVE one and another.......
(10-30-2012, 01:12 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: I have two clients with the same issue. Tried acrylic and hard gels with no luck. Using the following, they have seen great success and keep the product on for two weeks with very few problems:

-no lotions or cuticle oil on the hands for at least a day prior to getting nails done
-Double dehydrate - use the uv light for the heat to make sure the nails are completely dry if you don't want to wait so long
-protein bond the entire nail - put in lights to make stickier
-protein bond again wherever the lifting is worst, or the entire nail if unsure
-extremely thin base coat
-2nd thin base coat - cure slightly longer than normal
finish as usual

I don't soak off gel polish - I buff off with the efile (one reason I double base), so this system works really well for me. If you soak off, you might get frustrated with my system because it takes forever to try to soak it off later! Smile

After applying the protein bond the 2nd time, do you go back under the lights, or just apply base?
I have them go under the light. I use two lights, so I just always have them put the hand I'm not working on in the light. Generally the timing is perfect, so I don't even use the timers.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Thanks so much! I have one client who is having some troubles. She gets through 2 weeks fine, and then things go downhill. I'm going to try the double protein bond on her and see if that helps!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 2,326
07-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Last PostPrecisionNails
Replies: 2
Views: 3,077
07-05-2015, 01:34 AM