You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHIPPING COSTS!!!
So I placed an order last November for 1 bottle of gel and shipping for said bottle was $6. Reordered in February and there was no shipping charge. Went to reorder yesterday and now the shipping for the same 1 bottle to the same residential address is $15. The one bottle of gel is costing me $17. SO I asked if it could be mailed USPS instead of UPS, my client at the time (who works at the USPS) said that could be done for less than $5. And I was told that it would not be too much less. What in the world?
I'm just sitting here thinking... your service costs must be through the roof if you're buying things one at a time! Most companies have relatively low minimum orders to get FREE shipping - so I almost never pay shipping at all! Ouch.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
For some companies I always search online for coupon codes and find sometimes $5 off or free shipping.
I also try to wait for a nice size order and get either a flat rate ship or free with a min. order.
Candice, I normally do not order things one at a time, but I only have 1 gel client. She comes every 2 weeks but she is still only one client. And about to have 2 gel clients though shortly. And I was told that shipping would be less on more items. actually the same price to ship 2 bottles than it is to ship 1 but I don't want to put product back for 6 months and hope that it is still good. I too try to find companies that do free or low shipping with minimum orders, this is just not one that has that right now.
(10-27-2012, 03:53 PM)Lara Wrote: Candice, I normally do not order things one at a time, but I only have 1 gel client. She comes every 2 weeks but she is still only one client. And about to have 2 gel clients though shortly. And I was told that shipping would be less on more items. actually the same price to ship 2 bottles than it is to ship 1 but I don't want to put product back for 6 months and hope that it is still good. I too try to find companies that do free or low shipping with minimum orders, this is just not one that has that right now.

We all love to hate ebay, but a lot of prof. products are available and you can just buy one item with low or free shipping. Depends on what it is.

Also most sellers that have high feedback rating( 98% - 100% positive) would not jeopardize their business by selling bad or counterfeit products that would lower their feeback rating.

It's an option.
I just purchased 3 bottles of gel from a company that frequents here and my shipping cost was 13.95. It came in a tiny box all weighing in than less than a pound. I know it didnt cost that much to ship. I hate it whem companies try to make $ of shipping
i agree...sometimes ebay is a solution when u just need ONE or two things.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer
Acrylic & Gel Tech Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
I have tried ordering off of Ebay and I don't trust it. I ordered some solar oil. It came in the old bottle and it did not smell the same. =/
Try Amazon. You can usually find items with free or low cost shipping
----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist
(10-28-2012, 12:06 PM)Melissa82 Wrote: I have tried ordering off of Ebay and I don't trust it. I ordered some solar oil. It came in the old bottle and it did not smell the same. =/

I hope you reported it on their feed back because it sounds like it was some old oil. I've had Solar Oil that I found in the back of my storage cabinet that smelled bad but it was because it was old. Not sure what the shelf life is but I'd say no more than 6 mo.
I think part of the problem might be that when you order from a large nail co., they've got overhead and they're paying someone to pull the product and pack it. With Ebay, it's generally a one person op. and it keeps costs way down. That's one of the ways that Ebay sellers can compete against the bigger guys.
Ebay can be tricky...but there are some good sellers on there.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer
(10-28-2012, 06:01 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 12:06 PM)Melissa82 Wrote: I have tried ordering off of Ebay and I don't trust it. I ordered some solar oil. It came in the old bottle and it did not smell the same. =/

I hope you reported it on their feed back because it sounds like it was some old oil. I've had Solar Oil that I found in the back of my storage cabinet that smelled bad but it was because it was old. Not sure what the shelf life is but I'd say no more than 6 mo.

Here is the listing. How long ago did they use these bottles or do they still use them? http://www.ebay.com/itm/CND-Creative-Nai...0794283394?

Fuel surcharges have trippled. I cant speak for anyone else but our shopping cart is hooked into UPS computers, so we dont even know what the shipping is until the order is placed. Some ebay sellers inflate there shipping charges because they don't have to pay commission on shipping.

Here are a few tips to save on shipping...

Always have your order sent to a salon. There is a $2 surcharge for residential addresses.

If you live in a rural area there is another surcharge, so if you go into town a few times a week, get a private mail box. You could save up to $5 per order.

It costs nearly the same to ship 10 products as it does to ship 1 product. Make sure you take advantage of your suppliers full product line.

Erick Westcott, CEO
Gelousy Gel Nail Systems
http://gelousy.com
(10-28-2012, 02:55 AM)jennie Wrote: I just purchased 3 bottles of gel from a company that frequents here and my shipping cost was 13.95. It came in a tiny box all weighing in than less than a pound. I know it didnt cost that much to ship. I hate it whem companies try to make $ of shipping

Many comapnie also include "processing, handling and insurance" in their shipping fee. Box and packing material, having to weigh the box, print a label and apply it, all costs money. As mentioned many companies do have FREE shipping if you order x amount.
I recently spent $70 more dollars on an order to avoid shipping costs. I'd rather have my money in product than shipping.
Speaking of shipping costs, I just purchased over $50 of items from beautywest.com to get $20 worth oh rhinestones and they sent me the wrong ones without asking if they could sub them since the other ones were not available. I only placed that order because I wanted the rhinestones and they don't have what I want in stock. I now have to pay to send them back to get a refund and I have no rhinestones! Ticks me off!
Why would I get a $5 surcharge from UPS or Fedex from you when no one EVER has done that before. I always have my nail products sent to my house so I know they will get to me. Just did some checking and this is the largest shipping charge I have ever had. I would be checking into cheaper and better delivery options.
Like I said fuel surcharges have trippled. The economy is driven by gas costs. Everything is tied to fuel. Milk, bread, apples, they all need to be transported. Learn the rules of transportation and you can save some money.
Erick Westcott, CEO
Gelousy Gel Nail Systems
http://gelousy.com
I used to buy in big orders too, to 'save' on shipping.
After years of that, I realized I was buying an excess of supplies that I just didnt "need".
These days, Id rather spend $7.00 on shipping, than spend $30-$50 on excess supplies.
*As a booth renter, its very easy to over-spend on supply.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer
But in the end aren't ya going to use those supplies? Sounds logical to me to order stuff I need than to pay outrageous shipping fees.

And if someone works in their home, the idea of shipping to a business won't work for them.

And Erick, there are times when ya just need one item and from things I've sent out via USPS it doesn't cost as much to send one item as it does for several. Must depend on what mode of shipping ya are using. Maybe choosing another method of shipping for single items is something ya might need to check into. Wink
(10-30-2012, 10:42 AM)Luvglitter Wrote: But in the end aren't ya going to use those supplies? Sounds logical to me to order stuff I need than to pay outrageous shipping fees.

Yes, the fees are high, but we are talking about numbers...money is numbers.
...is it really more logical to spend $7-$10 for shipping OR to spend $30+ on stuff that will take months to get through?
Cash in pocket OR cash on the shelf?
I took a college business class which taught that the #1 mistake small businesses make is spending too much on inventory. When something sits on a shelf for months, thats cash $ on the shelf. After that class, I looked at supplies differently.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,507
11-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Last PostNailTech.com
LaurenDenney