You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FOOTSIE SANITATION RULES BY STATE BOARD
I just spoke to someone on the phone at CA State Board of Barbering and Cosmo. Anyone who has the Footsie Foot spa with the liners needs to read this. You MUST sanitize even though you dispose the liners. They said it is because the liners are porous and germs can still leak through the liner...LOL WTF!!!! Give us a frikin break. So, after we throw away the liner, we need to submerge the tub for 10min in EPA registered disinfectant between each client, and must log each session. Most of these have holes in the bottom that will ruin the motor. I have tried other electric foot baths which leak, and had to throw them away. Now this. Unreal. We can't win for trying anything and playing by the rules.
I live in Maryland - I am definitely calling MD State Board to see what their take is on this. Like you said H2S - unreal! I use my Footsie Bath for all pedicure services. I always spray a disinfectant in the tub and wipe it out after each use. I don't let it "soak" because I don't want it to ruin the unit or short it out. But logging each session? That's a bit much.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
I went on our governing site, the TDLR FaceBook page and specifically asked the questions regarding the disenfection of the Footsie baths. Their response was, "Some water might spill in the tub so the tub needs to be sanitized/disenfected." Obviously they have NO idea what or how the Footsie bath works or they wouldn't say that.
I don't have one but plan to get one and I've been told that without the liner the tub leaks so it can't hold water anyway. If that's the case, then it's a moot point about having to clean the tub anyway.
I also have posed the question to them, "Are there any actual working nail techs on the advisory board." I don't believe I got an answer but just from the crazy rules they're posting, I'd say not. I did get the answer, tho, that to change rules it takes a literal Act of Congress. That would explain WHY we have such stupid rules in place.
I love my stainless steel bowl - simple yet effective.
The older Footsie's have the hole, the new ones don't so you can do the soak. My shop just got inspected yesterday. She didn't blink an eye at my footsie, nor did she ask for my log. She did ask the girl who's station is next to mine her disinfection process and checked her log. We are in California.
Honestly, I wish they'd have left the hole, that way a liner HAS to be used. So, jluper, you're saying the new Footsie's don't even NEED a liner? I want a foot bath that requires a liner so I don't have to deal with the buying of the sanitation solution.
Which do you have the newer version or the older and do you like it alright?
Donna, the new ones don't have holes, which I actually prefer. There have been times that my client was splashing her feet and water did get under the liner. If there had been a hole, water would have gone through the tub and under the chair. Also, it seems that a few liners in every box have small holes in them and leak through to the tub -again it would be a mess if there were a hole in the tub. When that happens I just fill the tub with water and
Mine doenst have a hole but was full of water when I went to remove the liner. I really hope it was from her splashing and not the liner leaking.
(10-24-2012, 01:00 PM)gelpro Wrote: I love my stainless steel bowl - simple yet effective.

I actually had my plumber put in stainless steel round sinks and my mason did a nice little box and covered it with tiles for me.
simple and cost effective
regarding this subject, I had a TDLR rep call me to talk about the answer I was given and to provide me with the reason why it was that answer. She said they were speaking of the liners that go to the spa thrones, not the Footsie.
We also discussed how useless the pedi log is. If a tech isn't cleaning a throne or bowl right, stands to reason you're not going to be able to believe what's on the log. NSS's were having clients sign it, stating they SAW the bowl being cleaned but if the client has no idea of how the spa chair or tub was cleaned then how do they know it was done correctly??? A sign posted in the waiting area or by the pedi chair with a condensed reader version of the steps and time it takes would do more to educate the public and the NSS would be less likely to cut corners if the client has the knowledge of what's supposed to be done.
I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this....is there something I missed, do you think it's a good idea or not, etc.
She's asked me to write all this down in a letter and mail it to the advisory board, that's why I'm asking for input.
Correct, the new Footsie's do not have the hole. I've only had the newer one so I can't compare.
(10-23-2012, 06:46 PM)H2S Wrote: I just spoke to someone on the phone at CA State Board of Barbering and Cosmo. Anyone who has the Footsie Foot spa with the liners needs to read this. You MUST sanitize even though you dispose the liners. They said it is because the liners are porous and germs can still leak through the liner...LOL WTF!!!! Give us a frikin break. So, after we throw away the liner, we need to submerge the tub for 10min in EPA registered disinfectant between each client, and must log each session. Most of these have holes in the bottom that will ruin the motor. I have tried other electric foot baths which leak, and had to throw them away. Now this. Unreal. We can't win for trying anything and playing by the rules.

Wow! Are you serious? I use the Footsie Bath and you can't submerge that into water. Ask if you can spray and wife in between clients with a hospital grade disenfectant. Keep me posted please.
Wipe not wife
Be Well,
Loretta~
Stainless steel sinks/bowls are awesome, but Footsie Bath owners such as myself, purchased them partly because we wanted a system with liners so that we wouldn't have to go through the cleaning and 10 minute disinfection process that you have with plumbed pedi spas, and stainless bowls. Extra simple and extra effective.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
Sheesh, if they are going to be this picky, I'm just going to buy some ceramic bowls, lol.
Still have to disinfect Undecided
(10-29-2012, 06:29 PM)jluper7297 Wrote: Still have to disinfect Undecided

Yeah but easier than disinfecting anything else, I would think. All you have to do is scrub (not any crevices to scrub in a bowl), wipe, sanitize, or something like that, lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,295
01-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Last PostCHARTISTRY
Replies: 8
Views: 6,647
09-11-2014, 08:42 PM