You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mani-Q
Thinking about adding mani-q gel polish to my collection. I currently have shellac and gelish, but would like more color options. What does everyone think of it? Worth the investment?
I really like mani-q (from Young Nails). I also use shellac, gelish, and P2 from light elegance. I like them all equally, but for different reasons - such as color selection, layering ability, or fabulous glitter top coats.

However, I always use the gelish base and top coat with all of them. I started with gelish and just stuck with it. For me, it's just easier to use one base and top coat than to use all of the different base and top coats for each individual line. So far, I have not had a problem doing this.

Young Nails has some great ideas on how to use their gel polishes, so you may want to check out their tutorials. Or if you can get to a show where they will have a booth, I think their education is just the tops. They are so helpful and never, never have an attitude when educating the masses at the shows they attend. I have a great respect for how they run their company and treat their customers.
Thanks for the reply. I've watched all 119 videos that young nails have...lol. I love the company....been using their acrylic for well over 10 years now and had the pleasure to watch Greg up close and pick his brain at the premier beauty show. I could watch him do nails ALL day! Also, it's funny how different we all are, I'm not a fan of the gelish base and top. I use shellac base and top with all my gelish. Do you use a LED or the UV with your man-Q? I just ordered a LED light yesterday. Supposed to be here tues and I can't wait!!! Lol :-)
You use the shellac base and top with your ManiQ ? Does it make it easier to com off? I like the ManiQ but I don't it harder to come off them shellac
(10-27-2012, 09:28 PM)kelznailz Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I've watched all 119 videos that young nails have...lol. I love the company....been using their acrylic for well over 10 years now and had the pleasure to watch Greg up close and pick his brain at the premier beauty show. I could watch him do nails ALL day! Also, it's funny how different we all are, I'm not a fan of the gelish base and top. I use shellac base and top with all my gelish. Do you use a LED or the UV with your man-Q? I just ordered a LED light yesterday. Supposed to be here tues and I can't wait!!! Lol :-)

I use the UV lamps from Light Elegance right now. They are great lamps, but am really looking forward to getting an LED lamp shortly. Probably the Gelish one - not sure.

I attended a class and Jim from Light Elegance spoke about the LED lights and how the technology for curing gel polish is fairly new. What I got from how he spoke about the LED lamps made me want to hold off and wait a bit to see how they evolve, but I am not sure I want to wait anymore. My only concern is that I believe it was posted on this forum that the LED lamps have a really hot sensation when curing toes during a pedicure. I do lots of pedicures and am concerned about the investment in LED if this is the case at this time.

I am open to suggestions for LED lamps that people have tried and have good success with...

Jan
I haven't had one client complain about having any heat sensation when curing their toes in the LED light. I get mine done with the LED light and haven't noticed a lot of heat either. If you are looking to purchase one, check out Artistic Color Gloss's light. Works just as well as the Gelish light, but last time I checked, it was much cheaper and works just as well.
I was torn between the Gelish LED light and the Artistic LED light. I ended up purchasing the Artistic LED light and love it! Got it at the Premier Orlando Show for $200. Hand and Nail Harmony (Gelish) and Artistic are sister companies, so you get the same great quality for a fraction of the cost.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,512
11-04-2015, 12:20 AM
Last Postshawnesedavis
Replies: 3