You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there really a way to tell...
Which gel lines are good? I've been researching different gel lines, all of which claim to "be the best" but I'm just unsure. I was looking into nailite as ive read some great reviews however I'm from Canada and the shipping is around $40 so I think I will try to keep it local'ish. I was thinking of buying sample kits from amore, onyx, nsi and akzentz just to try them.

Any of you have any experience with any of these lines?

Thanks Smile
Of course they all claim to be the best, it's called advertising, lol. They're certainly not going to say, "we're ok, give us a try." Joking aside, of the ones you mentioned, they're all good and in their case, I think that how much mentor help they offer would be the deciding factor for me. I know Akzentz has some well known techs using it and loving it, as does Amore and Onyx....NSI is the only one I'm not sure about for help and mentoring.
Thank you Donna!! Smile
Just got to try them for yourself hun! Each gel line handles differently for each nail tech, kinda like acrylic lines do. Might wanna contact companies and see if they give out samples or have trial kits that aren't too expensive.
Yes that is exactly what I'm going to do Smile
mommyto3 - I am an educator/rep for Onyx Beauty Systems and I can send you a sample of our 6 core gels. Send me an email and I'll hook you up Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Perhaps you may want to start with lines actually manufactured by the company . . . ask who their chemist is and where it's manufactured.
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
(10-14-2012, 09:11 AM)scratchmyback Wrote: mommyto3 - I am an educator/rep for Onyx Beauty Systems and I can send you a sample of our 6 core gels. Send me an email and I'll hook you up Smile

Would you be able to send me some samples as well?
Scratchmyback, what is your email?? Thank you Big Grin
Jaime brings up a good point....FEW co.'s have their own chemist so most will buy their gels from a manufacturer that makes gels for several lines. The gel is NOT always the same for every co. tho, it altered to the specs of the co. who decides how they want the gel to work. Acrylic is done the same way. The more things done to it to make it better, such as non yellowing, self leveling or not, that's what makes it different from other co.'s gels. and also can affect the price. Sometimes that little difference makes all the difference in the world to a nail tech!
Those co.'s who do have their own chemists have the upper hand imo, but I think they're also the ones with the best product especially made for that co. My thinking is that these products might cost more but it's up to you to decide if you need the extra perks the gel might provide.... think of it as the difference between a Ford and Lexus, both the get the job done but that Lexus is sure nice to drive!
(10-14-2012, 11:17 AM)jluper7297 Wrote:
(10-14-2012, 09:11 AM)scratchmyback Wrote: mommyto3 - I am an educator/rep for Onyx Beauty Systems and I can send you a sample of our 6 core gels. Send me an email and I'll hook you up Smile

Would you be able to send me some samples as well?

Where are you located? Please send me an email (there is a button below this post - thanks Smile )
Laura Merzetti
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I must be totally blind because I don't see the button Wink maybe you could email me at [email protected] Also I was wondering does onyx have a self levelling white and clear that you can sculpt over forms with??

Thanks Big Grin
See below here? You should see email button
V V V
Anna
There are many excellent gel systems on the market today. What are most techs using in your area? Is there educational support for the line? Does the distributor have a good reputation for having product in stock? Is there someone who can mentor you? Just a few things to consider.
I am located in California. I don't see a button to email either. My email is [email protected]
Nevermind the email button cannot be seen from an IPad (mobile BT site) not sure about cell phones. To see on iPad you must go to View Full Version link at the bottom.
Anna
Oh wow! I see it now!
(10-15-2012, 02:22 PM)jluper7297 Wrote: Oh wow! I see it now!

I just emailed you Smile
Laura Merzetti
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Oh wow, there we go..that looks much better haha Smile I can email you know Laura!
I have tried all the brands you mentioned accept Akzentz and Amore. I still go back to my NSI. It is a nice consistency, nice color and vertually no heat spikes. I also know NSI has there own chemists since they have been in the business from the beginning. If you get ahold of them they will also send you free samples.